1702423951409.png

The Time Travel Forum
Go Back The Time Travel Forum > Site News & Discussion > News
Reload this Page Welcome C2C & JohnTitor.com enthusiasts
User Name
User Name
Remember Me?
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery Chat Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2004 #1
sosuemetoo
Resident Mom Moderator

Send a message via AIM to sosuemetoo
We understand that George Noory had Oliver Williams on his C2C show last night. Oliver Williams is the site owner of www.johntitor.com and our affiliate.

We welcome you to our site.

We are discussing his first visit and 2nd visit with George Noory on this thread:

We have an extensive library with John Titor posts as well as other time travellers located here:

Our John Titor forum is located here:

Registration to our forum is very easy and above all, it is Free!

Our forum rules are located here:

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me or any of the moderators on this site. Or, enter our live chat for an immediate answer!

We encourage you to kick back, relax and read what we have throughout our community
Old 10-09-2004 #2
Mudpuppy
Banned

Snow put a pretty good synopsis of the show on the other thread so I won't duplicate it. I just have a few additions. Before the show started I was the only one on the site and around 3pm we had 29 guests so the show generated some traffic to the site. It also effected the bidding on Ebay for the 5100 they had up for sale as the other post showed. Oliver said that the traffic for NASA and some of the other governmental agencies was also going up in record numbers.

The first show and the second pretty much paralleled each other with a few more additions. I always wondered what John meant when he said to look at a map county by county (as far as future events, safe places, etc) and Oliver explained that the eye of the hurricanes went through all the counties that voted for Bush. (He also said it went through some of Gore's) but I'm not sure that is as definitive a prediction as say, the fax Art received about the missing skyscraper in New York. Oliver also speculated that if this was a hoax, that he speculated that it could be someone at CERN. He also mentioned that the IBM engineer said that there couldn't have possibly been more than 100 people who knew what John knew about the 5100....so could it be a possibility as well that if it was a hoax, it could have been someone from IBM?

I also thought Oliver's analogy of "kill the messenger" was pretty on target when it comes to why some exhibit a degree of hostility almost, towards the whole Titor story. One thing that was definitely different about John was that, as Oliver pointed out, many people on the internet tried to trip him up (push some buttons) and he never got confrontational (not really) like some have.

One thing that was said differently on this show than the first one, and forgive me if this is old news but I hadn't read it anywhere so far, (there's a lot of material out there in all different directions) was that the first show asked about the IP address and Oliver said no one had thought to do it at the time. This time the same question was asked and Oliver said that one of the forums did track the IP address and it was indeed in Florida.

Oh yeah, Oliver also said that Japan just listed China as a "military threat" last week....which follows the same thing that John had said about China expanding between 2004-2008.

Oh yeah, Oliver said he had been getting tons of email....not all of it cordial. He also said he received emails from a few who had 5100 and have decided to hold on to them because of the Titor story. This brings up an interesting point. If Titor went back in 1975 to get the 5100 from a family member because it's easier to visit relatives (more believable) than all these postings were encourage people to keep them in case they were visited.....in which case, John's mission would almost be easier...he could just walk up and say, Well, I'm here....you still have that 5100 you were saving for me? Curious. Perhaps another intention behind the postings.

Oh yeah...I almost forgot one of the most interesting comments from Oliver. Finish Broadcasting is getting ready to do something with the Titor story. And also, Larry Flint and Hustler mag in the January edition. George said, "What was John up to?" (hee hee) and Oliver said something similar to, "Well, you know, people also buy it for the articles". Although he was being serious.....I had to giggle....how many times have you heard that one? But in this instance, the profits for Hustler in January will probably go up just for the Titor story alone. It's just amazing.....after he is gone he still affects the price of items on Ebay, traffic to all different kinds of sites, magazine sales...etc....They say you will know them by their fruits.....well, his posts took seed and grew and is growing an enormous amount of fruit.

Oh just one more thing.....George had a special line for time travelers to call in on. This one lady called and although I don't quite understand if she was a time traveler, she was relating some experiences and she said she saw a massive exodus coming out of LA into Phoenix and a wall of water in CA over 1000 feet high. She didn't have a fix on the date but said it was close ("close is relative--so don't panic) because of signs of her physically being changed...it was a little hard to follow but I think I understood what she was saying. Here's the thought that popped into my head. Remember when John said he didn't want to predict natural disasters but when questioned about 2012 said something about something definitely happening in line with the Red Sea story? Well, back in the 80, I read a book, (I forget the name) that said that the Red Sea parting was a space anomoly (like a meteor or comet) and that scientifically it could be explained that way (not to offend anyone's religious sensibilities...you can percieve it either way--we know that it happened). Well, the Bible codes also talk about a meteor coming around that time.......what if it doesn't hit the earth but hits the ocean and causes a Tasumi on the Left coast, which would then go in line with John's predictions, the Bible code and the lady time traveler from George's show. I think it would be interesting to locate this lady and extend an invitation to post on the forum. George had to break but I would have liked to hear more from her.

Well, that's my two cents. I can't think anymore. My cat is using my head as a scratching post.

Mudpuppy
Mudpuppy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004 #3
Jovial_Kitten

Send a message via AIM to Jovial_Kitten
Quote:
Originally posted by Mudpuppy@Oct 9 2004, 02:39 PM

The first show and the second pretty much paralleled each other with a few more additions. I always wondered what John meant when he said to look at a map county by county (as far as future events, safe places, etc) and Oliver explained that the eye of the hurricanes went through all the counties that voted for Bush. (He also said it went through some of Gore's) but I'm not sure that is as definitive a prediction as say, the fax Art received about the missing skyscraper in New York.
[snapback]11437[/snapback]

I even emailed Oliver a few days ago and informed him that story was false. I can't believe the owner of a big website like that doesn't check his facts first before posting them. Snopes is a MUST on the internet.
@ Oliver
Old 10-09-2004 #4
CaryP
Ragin' Cajun Moderator

Thanks for the update on the C2C show Mudpuppy. I've never listened to the show, but appreciate your synosis. Very interesting stuff.

Cary

"Those who think a picture is worth a thousand words don't read enough."
A. Burns

"It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to paint it." Steven Wright, comedian.
CaryP is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004 #5
Snow Fire Watches
Banned

Mudpuppy, You are a doll! Thanks for posting such a thorough and interesting article about the C2C show!

From the edge, or maybe a little beyond . . .

Snow Fire Watches
Snow Fire Watches is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004 #6
Grayson
FutureDrama Tourguide

Send a message via Yahoo to Grayson
Mudpuppy: And you thought it would be hard. :p

Today's wisdom: Mom says: "Don't play with your Balls in the House..."

([][][][][][][:])(========================+

Grayson is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004 #7
Mudpuppy
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Grayson@Oct 9 2004, 07:32 PM
Mudpuppy: And you thought it would be hard. :p
[snapback]11460[/snapback]

Pyro and SciFiFan sort of broke the ice for me last night.

Anyways, as I was driving home tonight listening to Art Bell, I remembered one more thing...I don't know how I could have forget to mention it. Oliver said that the Titor saga birthed about 1500 websites all busy discussing the story. He said four of the best (and this is the order he used) was Time Travel Forum (yeah&#33, Fantastic Forum, Time Travel Institute (are they up for sale) and Anomalies. That was sure to help generate some traffic.

Mudd
Mudpuppy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004 #8
Jovial_Kitten

Send a message via AIM to Jovial_Kitten
Awesome! Someone should write Oliver a thank you email,or something. I'll do it if noone else volunteers
Old 10-10-2004 #9
Snow Fire Watches
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Jovial_Kitten@Oct 10 2004, 02:11 PM
Awesome! Someone should write Oliver a thank you email,or something. I'll do it if noone else volunteers
[snapback]11523[/snapback]

You go ahead Kitten. I thanked him the last time!

And invite here again too . . .

Snow
Snow Fire Watches is offline Reply With Quote