Chronovisor [TimeTravelForum.tk] Spelling / Grammar, Not a big issue, however...

IceSage

1702407891717.png

Welcome To The Time Travel Forum!! This Site Is NOW *Officially* Live!!! Remember To READ THE FORUM RULES Before You Post Anything!! ... IF YOU'RE A *REAL* TIME TRAVELLER, PLEASE CONTACT US HERE - WE'D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU!! CONTACT ME - FAX/VOICEMAIL: 1-309-4020-451, EMAIL: [email protected]

· Forum Rules · Portal Help Search Members Calendar
Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register ) Resend Validation Email

Contact Us
Gavin (Admin): FAX/VOICEMAIL NUMBER: 1-309-4020-451, EMAIL: [email protected]
Search:
All Products
Keywords:
Go
The Time Travel Forum (http://www.TimeTravelForum.tk)->General Chat!->Miscellaneous, Off-Topic Chat Area ...

Spelling / Grammar, Not a big issue, however...
Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
IceSage Posted: Feb 27 2004, 02:40 PM

Goddess of Winter

Group: Members
Member No.: 585

Alright, I understand most people here either,

A) Don't know too much about computers.
B) Don't have english as their first language.
C) Too young to have much experience typing.

However, what really gets me is when people claiming to be from the future... mis-spell things constantly. Really, this forum is filled with people who can't spell properly everywhere. I'm not trying to judge any of you or anything, but I'd really think that certain people here would know how to spell and use proper grammar... It just makes them seem a bit more believable.

Now, what I'm trying to say is... I actually have no belief for anyone who comes here saying they're from the year 2030, and says they use computers constantly, and that they're 35 years old. I mean, a 35 year old person would at least know the difference between "your" and "you're." And if computers are an everyday thing, and they've at least used a computer in abundance, then they should at least be able to know something as simple as that.

I mean, don't get me wrong, humans make mistakes, but when I see things like:

"oh i com from the futre of 2040 an i use computer on a daily bases just like u ppl."

I mean, seriously folks, you have to get real.

I'm not trying to start anything, I'm just trying to open your eyes, and get your opinions on this.

And please, don't snap at me saying "not everyone is good with computers" because like I said, I understand that. Humans make mistakes... but when you don't know how to spell simple words, and you claim to be from a future where computers are frequently used, and you use them.. and you say you're in your 30's and well educated... and you type like a 13 year old drunk off his *****, that really just doesn't make sense.

Edit: Oh dear... you even have a censore for a word that isn't even in the dictionary... how sad. sleep.gif

Phoenix Posted: Feb 28 2004, 05:59 AM

Time Travel Super Expert
Group Icon

Group: Moderating Team
Member No.: 21

you even have a censore for a word that isn't even in the dictionary

OMG, which word was it IceSage?

I think your criteria is perfectly fair IceSage and I think you are being reasonable. Still honestly I am not sure who specifically you are referring to. Possibly Alexander, then again, he did say he didn't get formal schooling, so maybe you aren't referring to him. There are quite a few fakes or people that I question that had very bad spelling indeed. I personally take them as they come.

Still I think you have a good point. Under the right conditions spelling could be used as a point of believability.

Lastly I have been wanting to tell you how much I admire your posts and welcome you to the forum.

IceSage Posted: Feb 29 2004, 01:43 AM

Goddess of Winter

QUOTE (Phoenix @ Feb 27 2004, 09:59 PM)
Lastly I have been wanting to tell you how much I admire your posts and welcome you to the forum.

Thank you.

Also, using a unique spelling / typing style can also point out many flaws that assumed "time travellers" make when posing as other people.

For example, I was recently shown a thread that a user named, errr... "Username" posted. Username posted something about Alexander and a lie detector.

Erm, Alexander made a grave mistake as posing as two different people. Username and Alexander type exactly the same, and spell words incorrectly in the same style. Notice the way in most of Alexander's postings, how he never uses a space between setences that end in a period. Now, notice Username's posting. Same thing.

Therefore, this is where Alexander screwed up big time.

Phoenix Posted: Feb 29 2004, 03:03 AM

Time Travel Super Expert
Group Icon

I like you.

I wish you were here sooner.

This will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Phoenix Posted: Feb 29 2004, 03:09 AM

Time Travel Super Expert
Group Icon

Alexander
Posted: Jan 18 2004, 12:21 AM

I met John Titor in 2034.He was a good man.Sadly he died of the flu last year.2038 to you.

Username
Posted: Feb 28 2004, 03:20 AM

I am writing this letter to those who may be interested in the person calling himself Alexander.I am not completely sure about the reasoning behind this letter, or why it may be important.Hopefully this is being posted in the right place.If it is not, then please disregard it, and I apologize for the mistake.

hmmmmm.....

IceSage yourock.gif

JDC Posted: Feb 29 2004, 07:12 AM

Member No.: 615

It seam to me that bad gramer, bad punctuation and miss spelled words are good tools to track these people posting and leading us by the nose? blink.gif

Phoenix Posted: Feb 29 2004, 10:01 AM

Time Travel Super Expert
Group Icon

QUOTE (JDC @ Feb 28 2004, 11:12 PM)
It seam to me that bad gramer, bad punctuation and miss spelled words are good tools to track these people posting and leading us by the nose? blink.gif

I would only trust an expert evaluation of such characterists. As a general case it could simply be the factors IceSage lists.

A) Don't know too much about computers.
B) Don't have english as their first language.
C) Too young to have much experience typing.

I actually would like to test how good IceSage really is and see if she can notice anything about the following four pages on Boris's topic.

IceSage Posted: Feb 29 2004, 11:21 PM

Goddess of Winter

If you expect me to read through all that, you'll have to give me a bit. If you're looking for me to compare two things, I can do that easily.

However, I shall read it over and try to see if I find something odd.

Phoenix Posted: Mar 1 2004, 01:09 AM

Time Travel Super Expert
Group Icon

If you expect me to read through all that, you'll have to give me a bit.

I will.

If you're looking for me to compare two things, I can do that easily.

The point is to not make it easy. The task I set before you is like trying to find forged twenty dollar bills in the middle of a busy intersection that an armored truck accidently spilled into the middle of the street. And my only hint is, "this intersection."

If you spot it. I will be very impressed. If not, you still have impressed me with what you already said about Alexander and UserName.

I leave the challenge open for others to spot as well.

Anubis Posted: Mar 1 2004, 08:05 AM

The Jackal

Member No.: 614

i read through the posts, perhaps the late hour has prevented me from spotting whatever it is you noticed. I must say though the posts of the one calling himself ralan always fell very close to the times that boris replied. I also find it quite odd that he lives in a near utopia, but is here because of conflict. On another note, a person who knows little about time travel was sent back...why not send someone well steeped in the field? Also if it was all mind and no physical technology involved, shouldn't he be able to teach us!?

Phoenix Posted: Mar 1 2004, 03:25 PM

Time Travel Super Expert
Group Icon

it is you noticed.

Or personally know for a fact.

I also find it quite odd that he lives in a near utopia, but is here because of conflict.

The consitutional structure had no way of dealing with Lyrd Mormahl, because he was a contradiction in ideas, someone who passed all the tests of integrity to hold power but who show upmost disrespect for the system. TimeTravel was like wise considered an impossibility to Boris's time. Consider the scenario of the Catholic church with it's hollowed halls being acused of **** scandeles from the world view of a Catholic. I think that would best relate what it was like to see the near Utopia being subject to "impossible" unrest caused by Lyrd Mormahl.

why not send someone well steeped in the field?

Such a field of study did not exist it was thought impossible.

Also if it was all mind and no physical technology involved, shouldn't he be able to teach us!?

ToxicRevival recently did.

I am afraid quite a few of the cars in the intersection slammed into you Anubis and you missed finding the forged twenties. You are welcome to try and find them again.

Klyla Posted: Mar 2 2004, 05:27 AM

Member No.: 518

I would like to hitchhike on IceSage's excellent detective work re "Username" and "Alexander." I spent a little time this evening perusing Alexander's posts in the "I Knew John Titor" thread.

In addition to the very obvious (and now glaring, thanks to IceSage!) typo of not spacing after sentences, here are similar mispellings of words:

1A. Alexander uses possessives instead of plurals, as in "loved one's, worldine's, esculate's, communication's, radical's, rebel's" and so on.
1B. Username said "disorder's."

2.A. Alex says "truthfull" "usefull" fearfull"
2.B. Username said "truthfull"

3. Alex said "descisions" and Username said "descussions"....similar phonics error.

4. More of Username's typos: senserity, nasious, obsesive, benefitial, consistantly, acheive.

I didn't even begin checking the IRC logs....I challenge you to do a little detective work on your own and see what conclusion you draw.

People who "want to believe" will say these are customary mistakes of the younger generation many of whom can't spell. I think it's more a matter of personal style.....which brings us to......

OK, perhaps Username IS Alexander. While this does not totally debunk him as a TT, it comes pretty close considering that this pegs him as an out and out liar telling us he took and passed a polygraph test!

BTW, if you haven't checked into the latest disclosures about John Titor's origins on another forum which will remain nameless by me...you might want to update your homework on him as well.

I want to believe as much as the next person that TT is possible....but I think the ice is getting pretty darn thin under these two. geewiz.gif

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Miscellaneous, Off-Topic Chat Area ... | Next Newest »

Topic Options

- Miscellaneous, Off-Topic Chat Area ...

Hosted for free by InvisionFree (Terms of Service: Updated 9/10/03) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3.0e © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.6174 seconds

Recommended Books/Videos! coverBuy from Amazon.com coverBuy from Amazon.com coverBuy from Amazon.com coverBuy from Amazon.com coverBuy from Amazon.com coverBuy from Amazon.com
cover Buy from Amazon.com cover Buy from Amazon.com cover Buy from Amazon.com cover Buy from Amazon.com

Last edited by a moderator: