Chronovisor [TimeTravelForum.tk] Yeah, I Built One, I once built a tabletop model

Timebender

1702407662499.png

Welcome To The Time Travel Forum!! Welcome to nginx! ... The ORIGINAL, #1 Time Travel Forum On The Net! ACCEPT NO IMITATIONS! This Site Is NOW *Officially* Live!!! Remember To READ THE FORUM RULES Before You Post Anything!! ... IF YOU'RE A *REAL* TIME TRAVELLER, PLEASE CONTACT US HERE - WE'D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU!!

· Time Travel Forum Rules · Portal Help Search Members Calendar
Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register ) Resend Validation Email

Search:
Everything
Keywords:
Go
The Time Travel Forum (http://www.TimeTravelForum.tk)->*REAL* Time Machines!! / Time Travel Experiments!!->Do Time Machines Exist? Do YOU know of any? Have You Built One?

Forum Rules Please Read The Forum Rules & Disclaimer!
Pages: (2) [1] 2 ( Go to first unread post )

Yeah, I Built One, I once built a tabletop model
Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
TimeBender Posted: Mar 2 2004, 11:26 AM

Super Newbie

Group: Members
Member No.: 639

I just joined the list as I stumbled upon it and was intrigued. Time travel has always been more than a passing interest with me and I actually did build a "Time Machine" when I was in my early twenties. It was, more accurately, a "Time Dilation"device.

I was really into Tesla coils and other high voltage toys. One night, I decided to try building a levitation machine utilizing some high voltage equipment I had built previously. I also used a separate high current low voltage transformer that put out about 60 amps. This was before the internet was publically available and little information existed on the subject.

I decided that theoretically, if I combined the "business" properties that each form of electricity/electromagnetism had to offer, I could tinker around long enough to make a huge high frequency electromagnet which I could "tune" by both frequency and intensity independently. My premise was that gravity works on low frequency and in a single plane. I had hoped to figure out a way to "envelop" a small object in a high freq, high current field such that it would be "shielded" from the natural gravitational field and thus float or levitate within the boundaries of the field.

I was not nor am I a mathmatical wizard nor engineer and so my experiments are always by trial and error. What I ended up with was a huge coil within a coil, one for the high current and the other for the high voltage/frequency. It got hot pretty fast but I could run it for 30 minutes at a time before I had to let it cool down.

Initially I placed a few metal objects within the field and could adjust everything to nullify the electromagnetic effect where they would no longer stick to the inside of the coil, but they never levitated. I could get a few small items to slide around, but I attributed this to "ionic wind" effects. I decided to test how much I leakage I was getting within the field via ionic wind and eventually placed a lit candle inside the coil and then turned on the equipment. As suspected, the flame flickered out of control and the candle burned fast! I was disappointed and abandoned the equipment on the desk for a bit more than a week trying to figure out how to modify it.

When I went back to testing the unit, I lit another candle and powered up. This time I had everything at minimum input to the coil so I could log the level when the ionic wind effect began. To my amazement, the candle flame seemed to "freeze" as soon as I turned the unit on! I watched it for a few minutes before I powered down and the candle began flickering normally again! Power on, the flame froze, power off, the flame resumed flickering. It was then that I remembered the Philadelphia Experiment and nearly pee'd all over myself.

I used two new candles, one inside the coil and one on a shelf about three feet away. I lit them both and powered up again. The candle within the field stopped flickering and the one outside the field on the shelf continued burning normally. I played around burning candles for a few days. The candle inside the coil could be slowed down or speeded up. I could burn a whole candle in a few seconds while the one outside the field took about 30 minutes to burn down! I could also make the candle in the field stop melting, the flame just kind of stood there in the position it was in on power up.

I tried a few watches, but they quit working as soon as the unit was powered up. I even tried an heirloom wind up pocket watch that never worked again. After playing with it for a few months, I figured the effect must be common and convinced myself that it was little more than a parlor trick that I didn't know the principle of. Surely a tinkerer with crude hand made equipment couldn't manipulate time before some guy with a list of doctorates and endless resources, right?

I have concluded over the years, after studying the issue of time travel, that my crude maching was in fact capable of bending time. I still remember "how" I built it, but even the spark gap was hand made and I cannot remember it's size or number of contacts. One day, I'll be able to duplicate the effect. I haven't had time or resources for such things in years but if anyone else does, I'll be happy to share the basic construction of the equipment and the theory behind it.

Sorry for such a long intro,
TimeBender

Phoenix Posted: Mar 2 2004, 02:54 PM

Phoenix

Member No.: 21

Thank you TimeBender,

This is exactly the first small experimental step I have been looking for on this board.

I am sure Opmmur will also be very interested in seeing this post.

Do you remember about how much the materials cost you all together, and how much time in days and hours you spent working on it?

JDC Posted: Mar 2 2004, 08:12 PM

Super Newbie

Member No.: 615

Give us the info and we'll all take off with it. Sound like fun!!!

TimeBender Posted: Mar 3 2004, 01:26 AM

Super Newbie

I offer my experiments in the public domain and thus they and their cumulative results are intended to remain in the public (FREE information exchange) forum. If you duplicate my experiments, I expect that you will forward ALL results, positive or negative to this list as it seems we are all of a singular interest no matter the damning we might endure outside the forum.

For Phoenix specifically;
From a cost standpoint, I've not a clue! All materials for the unit were salvaged from leftover electromagnet wire, Tesla coils,homebuilt x-ray units, etc. I guess my most pertinent answer here is "Don't be shy!!!" The tesla coils that were an actual part of the unit were homebuilt, 4 feet tall and shot a mean blueish bolt over 4 feet. The xfmr was intended to power shortwave equipment and could be relied upon to produce 50 amps @ 12v from a 110v source. I actually still have the original transformer in my posession.

I used hand made plexi-glass freq generators. (These were a round piece of plexi with....................7 individual contacts designed for high voltage (Tesla) experiments. The motors driving the "plexi-spark gaps" were standard refridgerator motors, the kind found near the compressor to keep it cool.

The capacitors, (I'm really going to have to draw a basic diagram for all this if intertest remains) were hand made of aluminum foil and waxed paper (grocery store fodder) and contained in PVC housings. There were three caps.

I hope that no one is expecting parts values as I have none. As mentioned before, I cannot do math nor am I an engineer. Truth is, I do not know any parts values as each piece was designed to be controlled externally by a virtual imbecile as myself who MUST look at the resistor color chart EVERY time I use it. Of course all separate circuits, the Tesla high freq generator as well as the off the shelf downconvertor (50a 12v xfmr) could be independantly controlled by variable resistors as well as the frequency being controlled by motor (spark gap) speed.

The only "oddball" part that I can remember is the vaccuum tube (x-ray tube) which was a standard amplifier tube...6xj6 or something similar. This specific item was used only in the beginning of my experiments. (A satisfactory X-ray device was commonly made by covering the end of a high power tube with foil and using only the input pin of the tube for a high voltage input. Within the first few days I eliminated the tube successfully in spirit of the kiss2.gif principal.

Each piece of the unit minus wire was virtually hand crafted and didn't cost a dime. In the end what I had built was a step up transformer (powered by the12v 50a off the shelf unit" surrounded by a torroidal coil with an air gap which was energized with high voltage in the neighborhood of 40-60kv. The coil weighed in at almost exactly 153 lbs and had a hollow center....like a donut.

My original idea was to contain the HV field with the high current field as I had read how electromagnetism is used to contain even atoms in an accellerator. This containment of the HV field, I theorized, would force the high voltage field into a more round or global configuration. I presumed that if I could supply enough HV to the field bending around a small object, I could in essence, shield it from the natural gravitational flows to which it is normally exposed and, presto, whatever was in the center of the field would float.

After realizing what the crude machine actually did, I tried vegetables which I could coax to liquify (decompose) within the limits of the machine, about 30 min. You could actually see them decompose before your eyes like the old high school time lapse movies about nature. It was phenomenal!!!!

I have probably written to execess again, so I'll leave it at that unless there are any more questions. I'll also see if I can make a diagram of some sort so you will at least have a "layout" of the components.

GW

TimeBender Posted: Mar 3 2004, 01:36 AM

Super Newbie

PS The entire unit took less than 48 hours of construction time as the only part I had to build was the xfmr. I suppose you could build the unit today for less than $500 but still within 48 hours. If you are conservative or have a good "hard parts bin" you could build one from the ground up for less than $150 US. The wire for winding the main gravity field elimination xmfr will cost the most.

Hope that helps,
TimeBender

Agent-X Posted: Mar 3 2004, 03:16 AM

Super Newbie

Member No.: 631

Bender, it sounds to me like you developed a machine that was capable of controlling the temporal parameters of physical processes. Possibly by altering the density of space around the given object.

--------------------
"The only easy day was yesterday!"

JDC Posted: Mar 3 2004, 09:18 PM

Super Newbie

Member No.: 615

This sounds strange, but what the hell. I will give it a go and see what happens. I know I’ll have questions.

Bitmaster Posted: Mar 6 2004, 09:19 AM

Member No.: 653

do you have any pictures of the device?

TimeBender Posted: Mar 6 2004, 11:02 PM

Super Newbie

No photos. As I stated, I wasn't aware of the devices significance until years later. I never intended to create the effect that I witnessed and thus, since the unit was supposed to levitate an object and did not, on one level I saw the experiment as a failure on another level I just assumed I had created an effect that must already be known and based upon known scientific principal.

I am a math idiot and am not an engineer. I believe that this has allowed me more freedom in my tinkering as I'm not pre-disposed to NOT try something because someone else said it won't work. I wish now that in my youthful ignorance, I would have had the sense to save the unit, but you know what they say about hindsight.

That failed experiment, I feel, gave me a better insight into the Philadelphia Experiment which I now also believe was a failure which was an unintentional glimpse into the same phenomena I stumbled upon.

I am still working up the block diagram from memory. It was basically a high current EM field rotating around a high freq/ high voltage field.

Sorry about the lack of photos but please realize that I had no idea what I had accomplished.
TB

Shadow Worker Posted: Mar 7 2004, 08:04 AM

Member No.: 404

Hey TimeBender,

This is one of the more believable threads on this forum. I look forward to your future posts, and even attempting to replicate your device.

yourock.gif

Phoenix Posted: Mar 7 2004, 02:36 PM

Phoenix

Member No.: 21

I fully encourage any and all experimentation and independent verification in the subject of time travel Shadow Worker.

I am very pleased to see this aspect of the forum starting to come alive again, interestingly it is coming about after Alexander is no longer with us.

I posted an opinion on this board several months back when this board still had a side bar bbs type of feature. The opinion was that we should be trying to build our own time travel devices and learning about the future ourselves rather than clamoring for the attention and hanging on every word a time traveler has to say.

The response I got back from that statement was that we could learn a lot from a time traveler.

I am not sure how much we learn from Alexander aside from how to distill water with a car battery and if our geographic region is nuke free in Alexander's history.

We definitely didn't learn how to build his time machine, and were warned we would probably blow ourselves up if we did.

I too look forward to what TimeBender has to say and possibly what you will have to say Shadow Worker. smile.gif

Maybe your name Shadow Worker will be on one of our believability polls. Be sure to take pictures, political and sports stats back with you if you do wind up in the future. It is clear many people want to see those things. Oh yes, ToxicRevival wants you to note any species extinction too.smile.gif

TimeBender Posted: Mar 8 2004, 12:13 AM

Super Newbie

Phoenix,
You have brought up several...philisophical issues that I hadn't intended to encourage. I'm just a guy with an interest in TT like everyone else and I wouldn't dare attempt to put forth some greater knowlege as most of the "travellers" do. In fact I wish I did have a better understanding of the principles behind the experiment in this thread.

Understanding humanity to a degree, I have to wonder if "travellers" would be sent to bestow upon us some esoteric knowlege. I don't believe they would. The TT would be from a more military faction I would surmise and would have no interest in bestowing us with anything other than their home sickness and possibly a rememberance of what is to come based on their own memory.

The fact is, if we can travel through time in the future, it is based upon the technology of the past. I think that Alexander Bell never envisioned Cell Phones when he sent the first intelligable signal across the wires, but that is where the technology began. So too can I only dream of walking into my future, but my experiments, however crude they often are or have been, are the beginning of understanding a principle which has been elusive to our greatest minds.

I to encourage anyone with a junk box full of parts to play to their hearts content. For historically, the tinkerer has always laid the groundwork for new technologies. If we have technologically advanced circuits in the future which allow us to travel through time, the technology was obviously based upon crude experimentation of people like me, who come to this list because we believe.

As for the TT's who have some grand message...I don't believe it! Why would someone comfortable with our own future wish to change their own past?
TB

PS: How do I upload my block diagram?

Frog186 Posted: Mar 8 2004, 09:11 PM

Time Travel Enthusiast

Member No.: 22

TimeBender
Hi I'm Frog I just wanted to say I am a believer in all of this stuff anyways I wanted to ask you how your device worked and what did it look like and did you ever test it out with objects or just yourself? well I have stuff to do but if you can answer these questions it would be appreciated and helpful if you ever want to chat sometime let me know for sure! thanks!

Shadow Worker Posted: Mar 9 2004, 12:25 AM

TimeBender: If you aren't able to put it on this website you could email it to me at [email protected] and I could put it online for everyone to access.

Shadow Worker Posted: Mar 14 2004, 07:35 AM

I don't want to see this thread d1e!
(This forum won't let me use the word d1e!)

yikes.gif yikes.gif yikes.gif yikes.gif

TimeBender, have you been able to put up your Block Diagram yet?

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Do Time Machines Exist? Do YOU know of any? Have You Built One? | Next Newest »

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2

- Do Time Machines Exist? Do YOU know of any? Have You Built One?

Hosted for free by InvisionFree (Terms of Service: Updated 4/7/04) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3.0g © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1534 seconds

Recommended Books/Videos! coverBuy from Amazon.com coverBuy from Amazon.com coverBuy from Amazon.com coverBuy from Amazon.com coverBuy from Amazon.com coverBuy from Amazon.com
cover Buy from Amazon.com cover Buy from Amazon.com cover Buy from Amazon.com cover Buy from Amazon.com
Copyright © 2002-2004 TimeTravelForum.tk, The Time Travel Forum. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. This Site Is Proud To Be A Member of The Time Travel Webring.

The Time Travel WebRing: Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>

Last edited by a moderator: