Trickster's lair

StarLord

Trickster's lair

Yes August, but the question remains, can the Trickster Cook?

Magic on stage is one thing, but magic in the kitchen approaches the esoteric limits of the sublime IMHO. Duck L' Orange a la pre protest journey can't be made by just any kind of Hack. You needs da right hat to pull dat one off jus right!

Mudpuppy

Trickster's lair

Originally posted by Trickster@Oct 28 2004, 06:53 AM

As for Mudpuppy, you are a kind of person who is harmlessly gullible, but not stupid. You are not ashamed of yourself or believes you find to be false afterwards. Maybe for a while, but not too much to let it affect your psyche. Because you have experienced that pattern so many times.

Also, either you have matured enough to rely also on your knowledge in addition to emotions and instincts or you have close one's who get your feet on the ground from time to time. You are likely a needy person who seeks healthy dominance and acceptance to feel more secure in your life. Your vivid imagination is very integral part of your daily life as it compensates lack of physical adventures.

You have the ability to make fun out of yourself among your closest friends. Something which does not extend to virtual playgrounds, because you are wary of exposing your guts too much to strangers. But when you do, you cling to external things and safe things, letting your persona drop behind.

For the rest, either \"ditto\" or \"I am a) good B) bad c) ugly\"

Well, if you hear a big "thud" that is just my jaw dropping to the floor. That was pretty darn accurate. Have you been talking to my mother? Mom? Is that you? Yes, I do tend to walk around with a big giant "G" for gullible sign on my head but I'm hoping a real Time Traveler will spot it and make wading through the 1 million who hoax worth the wait. :) Thanks "T" for taking the time to answer.

Mudpuppy

Ralan

Trickster's lair

Hello Trickster. I'm sorry for not jumping in to welcome you when you arrived here, I usually like to get to know new members quickly but I've been busy with practising and party gigs pretty much every spare night in the last few weeks, not getting much time on here.

First, would you be ok with telling us the country you were born in? That is kind of important to me and I'm used to being able to keep it in mind, but if you are conscious about revealing your identity and it bothers you, no worries. Do you believe that there are a lot of people that would know you by name that might be using this forum then?

I was going to ask for an 'analysis', but that made me realise something. I know the conclusion you would come to; I am more than one person on this forum. I am always constantly looking at the way I interact, and changing bits of it. I'll stay like that for a week or two, and change again. It's because I basically abuse the negative aspect of being on the internet subconciously. I can be anyone. So I am. I think that was part of what drove me to doing my hoax. I have always been obsessed with playing the roles of other people into considerable depth.

When you've had a look around and seen a few of my posts lying around, I'd like to talk about it if that's ok with you.

Incidently, does anyone listen to Talking Heads?

Trickster

Trickster's lair

Originally posted by Ralan@Nov 8 2004, 05:23 PM
First, would you be ok with telling us the country you were born in?? That is kind of important to me and I'm used to being able to keep it in mind, but if you are conscious about revealing your identity and it bothers you, no worries.? Do you believe that there are a lot of people that would know you by name that might be using this forum then?

I thought that was visible as I pinned it to a map. I am Finnish, and been living here in Finland my life so far. More than that, I feel being a cosmopolitan and rootless in a sense that I am not your average Finn, other than regular Finn eccentrism. But I am not shy about success. Since I have very close friends in US, through music and business, and most my fans are from US, I intend to move there permanently in the following years and apply for a citizenship. But it's not something to be obsessed about.

I've travelled mostly in Europe and have friends and acquaintances around the globe. I would say that cultural differences are not that big. We just emphasize those differences the more we are proud of our home nation. Mostly people do that to stand out in multicultural surroundings they are not comfortable.

I have been in US a couple times, spent a whole summer, travelled along in
a totally ex tempore trip. Though stayed with my friends and via coincidences some unknown people whom I became good friends afterwards. Coincidences fascinate me. One fella I hadn't kept in touch for two years, across the sea - I called him and he told that he intended to email me the following day to inform about some things. I have experienced a lot of synchronicity events like that.

I do find observing individuals interesting, but only rare pique my curiosity. Rest I ignore cold handed. Still, rather than just enjoy findings I seek progression in everything. Ie. a lot of people are fascinated about anomalies, supernatural etc. Or here people want to travel in time or have astral projections. Mostly because it is something different, which hasn't been done before, or is no common knowledge. Most here are motivated by the sheer curiosity. I am too, but I like to see beyond that. If time travel, or quantum tunneling of messages to another realities or anything similar is possible - what next? Sure it's gonna be very exhilarating like the first years after aeroplane was invented, electricity spread, we went to a moon.

A discovery of something new and phenomenal - and I see and ask, what next?"Yeah, great, we can time travel, cool!". But it is not going to solve your personal problems. In a long run such findings, physics or technology would become a 'normal' part of our lives. Something to take granted like electricity. The exciting part is over, and leaves people wondering, where did all the 'truth' of time and space went? There is no master plan. We just keep on peeling reality after reality like an onion, because that is all we know to do as aware beings. Replacing our beliefs and goals and perceptions alongside with science and evolution.

What places I have seen then, particularly in US? With people fixed into those places - I have travelled East Coast with Greyhound, all the way from NY to PA to Indiana. I have experienced LA through suburbs to Santa Monica, Las Vegas, Death Valley, and New York where I spent a month doing some work, meeting some friends and also walking and travelling around a lot by myself. I have felt those metropolitan areas with faceless and nameless crowds. I love big cities. But I have also seen and felt the atmosphere in small mid-west redneck town with population of 2000. Good to have some comparison.

When people become curious about something or someone, usually an out of place character or phenomenom, they lower their shields as personalities. They might be wary of something new, but they way you react to anything new or challenging is a passing window to one angle of our psyche. That makes my travels interesting, because places, people or experiences in itself need to found by a right person. A location with its fixed habitants has found its secure loops and ways of life. When a new radical factor is introduced to that secure system it needs to re-evaluate, re-create and re-arrange itself.

StarLord

Trickster's lair

That's pretty much the modus operandi of a military person also. Each place reveals new things about ourselves. The more you see of the world the better you get to know yourself.