Trouble.

Wind7

Staff
Having some trouble trying to log onto the site and it's been going on for days.

I only have a smartphone...no pc.

Every time I try to log on,
I am redirected through several addresses
and eventually land either on;

Www.cirplana.top

Or

Www.stokeene.pw

My phone freezes up and I am directed to
Google play store for free cleaner...anti virus... battery life saver...etc. apps.

I did some investigating and discovered that there is an advertising bot at play (!!)

Some of the page links that have flashed by before landing on one of the above actual pages are...

ads.loadreviews**
kongfull.com

What I found eventually was
"Google 404 robot which has adhered to Paranormalis link.
These can become linked to just about any site through their ads."

Need help, num7.

The only way I got here now was by searching for time travel forums and quickly clicking the link and logging on.

My phone's only search engine is through
Google.:(

Thanks
Wind7

Edit:

** Ads.loadreviews might be the problem,
Just read that it is an 'ads virus' that can be picked up by clicking on an advert.

https://howtoremove.guide/ads-loadreviews-virus-removal-android-iphone/

Last edited:

Wind7

Staff
??

I have switched from Google Chrome to
Firefox....so far so good.

For some strange reason,
Paranormalis is the only site this
was happening to when trying to log on.

Perhaps firefox will be better?

I'm not a technician when it comes to this sort of thing,
any input would be great.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Oh, just noticed you're Premium, you don't see any ads!

That's definitely something on your end. You might have caught some ads virus like you said.

Firefox is a good browser, so it's not a bad thing that you use it, to be honest. Just be careful with that possible Chrome ads virus.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
I've learned the hard way never to click on anything that pops up in front of what I am trying to look at. When a pop up does succeed in diverting my attention, I have learned to immediately shut down the browser. If the browser refuses to shut down and prompts me to click on a confirmation of my action, I know immediately a virus has taken control. I've been using task manager to shutdown my browser in such situations.

Wind7

Staff
Oh, just noticed you're Premium, you don't see any ads!

That's definitely something on your end. You might have caught some ads virus like you said.

Firefox is a good browser, so it's not a bad thing that you use it, to be honest. Just be careful with that possible Chrome ads virus.

Well, you still see ads before you can login...THEN, after logging into premium, they go away.

I dumped Paranormalis from Google Chrome to Mozilla Firefox.

No issues yet.

As far as dumping the adware,
I disabled the app while in safe mode (Android) and zeroed out the data and rebooted the phone effectively losing my bookmarks
(Grrr...)... But hopefully the virus is gone.

Technology... gotta love it!! ;)

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Yeah, completely resetting the app should do the trick. It removes all settings and cached data.

Wind7

Staff
Yep.^^

I am considering dumping Chrome altogether and sticking with Firefox,
I'll give it some more time.

I wonder if anyone else has had this happen to them with their respective phones.

I mean, how aggravating!!

Thanks for your input num7,
I really appreciate it.

:)

bluejay_1919

Hope you got it all figured out! I got the new Galaxy Note 7 yesterday so my stuff was all messed up. And the tech said everything was "mirrored" from my old phone...psh- yeah right-

Mariah Jane Peter

I was having the same problem with my site . I was also having the problem of webpage redirection. However, my firend suggested me to delete all recent activities and restore an old backup which really worked for you. I would feel happy if you can provide me some tips for site management.