UFO caught on trail cam?

BlastTyrant

Are UFOs Scouting for Deer? | Field & Stream

April 08, 2014

Are UFOs Scouting for Deer?

By Ben Romans

There’s something mysterious in the Mississippi sky watching the deer on Rainer and Edith Shattles’ land — or is there? That’s the question the couple is asking after a series of images captured by a trail camera on their property in the Cumbest Bluff area in Jackson County show mysterious lights appearing and disappearing above unsuspecting whitetails.

“We have unusual things happen around here that happen, but it’s usually associated with our grandchildren. But this case, we didn’t know what it was,” Edith said. “I was looking for a nice buck to be showing up on the trail camera actually.”

Hoping to find some answers to the mystery, the Shattles have shared the images with family and friends. They even took a reporter from ABC affiliate WLOX deep into the forest to the site where the photos were taken.

“Well, if it’s alien, I'm not sure about that. But it’s definitely a UFO. Now whether it’s a government drone or what, I wish if nothing else, one of them would step up and say, ‘Yes, that’s ours,’” Rainer said.

What do you think? Is E.T. scouting for new tree stand locations, or is there a simpler explanation?

Original

Debunk possibly?

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
The explanation seems plausable. But where is the intense light source creating the flare? It was stated that the camera is using infrared to record images. So the source of the extra light remains unexplained.

BlastTyrant

Ya, thats the big part that no one can seem to explain, perhaps a Meteor in the atmosphere? Not sure about Lightning or anything either.

Khaos

where the wild things are
"cameras are infrared and don't emit light"

Actually they do. Infrared is a band of light on the light spectrum. I learned that in Kindergarten 20 something years ago.

BlastTyrant

They Emit a Infrared light, not actually white light Khaos, that is what it is getting at. Didn't believe it needed a explanation of the light a Infrared camera Emits.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
I saw this on Twitter.

My husband is an audio/video professional (we own a company) and he is also a non-believer of almost everything. I showed this to him, and he said that first, IR glare does not produce dots, just glow. Second, the mirror effect he thinks is not true unless it was a damaged dome camera, but also stated that it would have been like that all the time, not appear suddenly. It's my understanding that this isn't a dome camera, so it is impossible. The debunk was a fail.

Yes, infrared does emit a glow on camera, which is why we have to aim them properly. It's how we are able to see at night with them.

I agree that the light source is way too bright to be an IR reflection, that and the owners of the camera claim that it flew away.
The lights are as intense as headlights. I saw a photo of the woods in the day time and there were no hills or roads.

Keep in mind that the deer also noticed something.

BlastTyrant

I saw this on Twitter.

My husband is an audio/video professional (we own a company) and he is also a non-believer of almost everything. I showed this to him, and he said that first, IR glare does not produce dots, just glow. Second, the mirror effect he thinks is not true unless it was a damaged dome camera, but also stated that it would have been like that all the time, not appear suddenly. It's my understanding that this isn't a dome camera, so it is impossible. The debunk was a fail.

Yes, infrared does emit a glow on camera, which is why we have to aim them properly. It's how we are able to see at night with them.

I agree that the light source is way too bright to be an IR reflection, that and the owners of the camera claim that it flew away.
The lights are as intense as headlights. I saw a photo of the woods in the day time and there were no hills or roads.

Keep in mind that the deer also noticed something.

Well done Paula. Great points.