Upgraded the forum to XenForo 2.2.2

Hey guys and girls!

Haven't posted an update like this in ages now that I think about it. Frankly, I often miss spending more time on the forum. I'll try to be more active in 2021, I promise! :alien:

I upgraded the forum to the latest stable version of XenForo. It looks and feels pretty similar to before, but more recent and more secure. Feature-wise, it's pretty much the same.

I also installed a new chat system that is way better than the previous one. You no longer have to constantly reload the page in order to see new messages. That's a HUGE improvement! From what I can see, that new chat works great, you should love it. It even displays how many people are in the chat, in real-time, so you can join if you notice someone's already in there! :)

I'm not 100% done with the upgrade, I have a few new features I want to test and probably enable. Here are a few things:
  1. The "Article" type thread. Simply put, it's a thread that puts the emphasis on its first post. From what I understand, the first post should be "pinned" so that when you're no longer looking at the discussion's first page, you still see it. (This thread here is actually an article, should see how it looks.)

2. Using the aforementioned "Article" type thread, I'm thinking of creating a blog section on the forum. Not sure yet, feel free to let me know in the comments if it's something you'd like to use. (Done)

3. Again, using the thread types, I'll upgrade the Support and Feedback forum so that people can create "Question" threads when they need help. (Done)

4. Classic forum styles. I'm a nostalgic guy. I live in the past. I plan to create at least one forum style that comes close to what Paranormalis used to look like in 2005. when it was known as TPN: The Paranormal Network. It was grey, white with a small touch of green. I'll experiment with that and make it available to everyone if it looks good enough.

Well, that's about it. As I said, I intend to spend more time here in 2021. Life can get pretty busy at times, it seems we have so many things to do and so little time...

See you on the forum! :)

--Num7

Wind7

Staff
I do like the New Chatroom!
There are a few things to figure out.....

In order to show you have left chat you have to type in> /leave (with a short mssg if you want one)

It works well, no re-booting needed, Excellent!!

:)