US election passing peacefully?

tigress

Hi guys, new member here. I'm a long time lurker at the anomalies forum and somebody posted a link to here from there so I thought I'd sign up!

Anyway, I admit to being on the fence with regards to the whole John Titor story but one thing has me leaning slightly towards the non-believing side:

I don't have the quote to hand but I'm sure John Titor said that there would be civil un-rest around election time. Well, I haven't seen anything of the sort. Indeed, Mr. Kerry has accepted his defeat gracefully and although his supporters are undoubtedly disappointed, I haven't seen any violence at all. So...does this mean the Titor story is over? How long are you going to give it before you would have to admit that it was a hoax? 2005? 2008?

Tigress.

Darkwolf

I'll give it six months before I'm completely sure. We are a very divided country, and unless we become less so, there is major trouble on the horizon anyway, be it feds vs. farmers, race war, chaotic economic collapse, whatever.

Alyxavior

from the news....maybe it will be about same-sex marriage rights...

sinister

Hey all, first time posting here, with the election and all I just had to get into the mix about this. Yes, the election could have gone much more troubling, Bush could have claimed victory before Kerry conceded, which would have raised tensions, or Ohio could have been closer, which would have done the same thing. I don't need to tell anyone here the eerie connections that seem to pop up every day between what John Titor said and what is going on in our country. If you consider the fact that this is someone claiming to come from the future, one of the most unbelievble statements, it's pretty amazing that titor's predictions still ring true for some of us. I think Titor's 'civil war' thoughts all depend on how Bush operates the next few months. Bush has an agenda, a list of legislation that he would love to see passed, including the draft, more constrictions on our personal freedoms, as well as further breaks for corporate america. I think that the speed with which Bush carries out this agenda will be the deciding factor as to whether this 'civil war' may actually happen. I think currently, as things have gone so far, we are still very much on track for a horrible shattering of our country, and as others on this board have noticed, plenty of others feel the same way, regardless of the John Titor issue. I think perhaps the most volatile issue will be the draft. Bush is out of troops, plain and simple. He may have promised that he would not start the draft, but now that he's been re-elected, Bush can do whatever he wants (within the limits of impeachment), and no longer has to worry about re-election. There is no punishment for Bush if he goes back on his campaign promise not to start the draft. There's really nothing stopping him, especially now that they have a commanding lead in the Congress, and eventually the Supreme Court. Of course, it could go either way, but having just lived in Bush's America for four years, I can say I have no doubt he will do exactly what he wants, and exactly as fast as he wants. Sure, no one has picked up their gun yet, but there is still 4 years of time for our country to completely fall apart, John Titor or not. I will be watching the news very carefully for these 'waco-type events', and if this begins to occur, this will be the last piece of the puzzle for me, and I don't know about the rest of you, but I'll begin to make preparations for John's war. And I would say quite assuredly that there is civil unrest. When 50% of the population is not happy with the election's outcome, especially in these times and with this president, there really wouldn't have to be such a huge event to set everything off. Just my thoughts on all this.

Darkwolf

Sinister, lets look at some demographics. First JT's war was between rural constitutionalists and urban federalists. Red zone vs. blue zone if you will. Well, the red zones won. If Kerry had slimed his way in there somhow, it would look imminent right now. However that said, it does seem that the rurals have given somone "their complete confidence" now doesn't it?
Preperations are a good idea, preparing for this scenario will also serve you when another one happens.

sinister

yes they have given bush their total confidence, i believe CNN called it a 'mandate' that the republicans are in control of everything now. that being said, that's not exactly what i was connecting to the john titor issue. it's what bush WILL do with said confidence or mandate that I believe could very well likely lead to a secession or civil war. I think the people who did not vote for Bush will not be suprised by what happens, and I think a lot more people will wish they had made a different vote as Bush's agenda fully unrolls for us all.

EDIT: Maybe i mispoke in my first post, I didn't mean to say this civil war issue is 'imminent', i'm just saying that in my own head, we are exactly on track with the series of events i think could possibly cause some kind of civil war. In fact, I was even more convinced of this after the election, instead of being less convinced...

DWOMT

Well JT mentioned civil unrest near the 2004 presidential election. I wish he had given more details, but he didn't. Therefore we have no idea what scale the civil unrest would be on. To me there has been some civil unrest though. In my eyes it started with the caging of protesters during the Democratic Convention. Then those who peacefully marched throughout New York in record numbers during the RNC. It didn't turn hostile, but it did show a large portion of Americans were not happy. Also there were small tibits of news of people shooting at Republican or Democratic offices in different states (it happened in my state). People breaking into these offices, also there being vandalism. To me all of this is some form of civil unrest where portions of the population are restless and not happy.
If anything, I bet things will turn ugly in DC come January when Bush is taking his oath of office. I bet DC will have protests that day. If there isn't I will be shocked.

Judge Bean

It's hard to fit the cold facts of the past few weeks into the Titor scenario. It is true that there is a "mandate," and it's from the very folk Titor identified as the rebels. It is also true that 2004-- of which there is only two more months-- has so far not been studded with "Waco type" events increasing in seriousness.

If you were to judge Titor's credibility based on what we know today, you would have to find him unreliable. The only thing that continues to demand our attention about him is the general accuracy of his predictions rather than specifics-- a situation well within the range of what they call "disinformation."

Darkwolf

It's hard to fit the cold facts of the past few weeks into the Titor scenario. It is true that there is a \"mandate,\" and it's from the very folk Titor identified as the rebels.

That is true, but he also said something about learning a lesson about giving somone your complete confidence in 05. He was quite specific about saying that the war itself started in 05 beacause of unrest around the elections. We haven't seen too much in the way or protests yet, but the left is reeling and feeling crushed. I'd give them a few days or weeks to get angry. Really its just a matter of time before one of the little bomb thrower types decides to get stupid. It will only take a couple of incidents to make the government crack down hard. Do you remember the reaction to the DC sniper incidents? How about road blocks like that at every enterance to a major city. Would that get people honked off? I'd say yes.
Phil.

(!)

Originally posted by Darkwolf@Nov 3 2004, 06:09 PM
Sinister, lets look at some demographics. First JT's war was between rural constitutionalists and urban federalists. Red zone vs. blue zone if you will. Well, the red zones won. If Kerry had slimed his way in there somhow, it would look imminent right now. However that said, it does seem that the rurals have given somone \"their complete confidence\" now doesn't it?
Preperations are a good idea, preparing for this scenario will also serve you when another one happens.

I think that casting Titor's rural constitutionists as the red team is a bit simplistic, no offense intended, if you read any local independant paper in your area you may find that there are very vocal if not large groups of people who think that the red team is merely paying lip service to many of the issues espoused by them in this election, and that the red team, as the majority party, and the blue team, as the minority party, together, seem to be working towards weakening the constitution, this is not my opinion personally, merely an observation, and as two of the three colors of our flag are taken already in terms of this discussion, I'd cast the rural constitionalists as the white team, not as in Caucasian necessarily, but just to differentiate them from the other affinity/identity groups. ("!")