US Mid Term Elections..What Do You Think?

I have...the problem is the system the public is presented is either red or blue. That line of thinking needs to change first. Even then that's only moving the needle....human rights and values must be safeguarded against corruption and influence first.
Too much dreaming

Kairos

I have...the problem is the system the public is presented is either red or blue. That line of thinking needs to change first. Even then that's only moving the needle....human rights and values must be safeguarded against corruption and influence first.
Too much dreaming

There will always be two parties in American government for as long as we have the Congressional system that we do have.

Third parties are a scam. The Libertarian party especially is a scam, and libertarians are just the biggest liberals out there anyway. Third parties act as a kind of weapon against the other party. The libertarian party siphons off votes from the GOP and the green party siphons votes off from the democrats. Do not fall into this trap.

Yes, the republican party is filled with neocons (who are liberals that invaded the GOP from the democratic party in the 1980s) and the Chamber of Commerce-style libertarians like Paul Ryan. But our only hope of winning this conflict is taking over this party and kicking those clowns out over time. That's the only way to win.

titorite

Wow...…. I guess I just wont say anything at all to that. ANYWAYS.

I hear ya meditation sync. Im an activist myself because just voting this way or that way accomplishes little, electoral fraud is almost never investigated let alone properly punished, and in my home state of Texas , those damn diebold voting machines select whoever the biggest bribers pays them to select. Its more of an opinion poll in my opinion HOWEVER, I do practice things like first amendment auditing, cop watching, and educating anyone that has an ear to listen to the real past history of our nation and politics in general.

Especially to what the founding fathers had to say, to quote John Adams: John Adams warned us against political parties as well. He said: There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leader, and concerting measures in opposition to each other.

He said: There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leader, and concerting measures in opposition to each other.
Love it - Never heard that quote - Couldn't be more true than it is today.
The tribalism is at such a fever pitch it's just pathetic.
Smart and good meaning people can't seem to get past it, which is just sad.

I try to keep hope alive about a new vision for the world, but comments like Kairos just reaffirms what a long road ahead it is until we get more people on our side of thinking.

Such as life I suppose....we are where we are (at least for now).

Hope all is well.

There will always be two parties in American government for as long as we have the Congressional system that we do have.

Third parties are a scam. The Libertarian party especially is a scam, and libertarians are just the biggest liberals out there anyway. Third parties act as a kind of weapon against the other party. The libertarian party siphons off votes from the GOP and the green party siphons votes off from the democrats. Do not fall into this trap.

Yes, the republican party is filled with neocons (who are liberals that invaded the GOP from the democratic party in the 1980s) and the Chamber of Commerce-style libertarians like Paul Ryan. But our only hope of winning this conflict is taking over this party and kicking those clowns out over time. That's the only way to win.

Bringing up 3rd parties as being a scam is totally true and I mostly agree with you.
They are around to split the vote and offer a form of false hope (if you can call it that) & nothing more.
But the system in place right now is an absolute shit heap.
The real scam is the 2 party system.....That is what runs the country....not the libertarian or green party. :LOL:
Getting attached to parties is at it's core just complacency, which in turn doesn't help anyone now or in the future.
Voting means nothing at all in America and the sooner the public realizes that the better.
It's all a big show designed to make you *feel* included and "free".
Take care Kairos. Hope all is well