VIDEO: Massive Sinkhole about to Swallow Florida Home

Samstwitch

Massive Sinkhole about to Swallow Florida Home

May 3, 2012 - A Windermere-area family has been forced out of their home after a 100-foot diameter sinkhole opened up in their backyard, according to Orange County Fire Rescue. Officials declared the home unsafe after the massive depression opened just feet away from the home's rear sliding glass doors, said Fire Rescue spokeswoman Genevieve Latham.

The ground inside bowl-shaped hole caved in about 50-feet deep behind a row of houses in the Summerport subdivision off of Winter Garden Vineland Road. The homeowner told officials she was letting her dog out about 7:11 a.m. when she noticed the hole. Emergency personnel are helping the family of six -- two adults and four children -- move their belongings out of the home. No one was injured, officials said.

Latham said the property owner is now responsible for managing the problem with insurance agents. Nearby homeowners were notified about the risk that the hole could grow and put their homes in danger, Latham said.

For a longer video reporting on this breaking news, CLICK HERE!

kurisu

Are you getting this stuff from yahoo news? That where i've seen most of this from lol

And, those people got pretty lucky that hole didn't eat their house that would have sucked ='/

Samstwitch

Are you getting this stuff from yahoo news? That where i've seen most of this from lol

And, those people got pretty lucky that hole didn't eat their house that would have sucked ='/

I found the Video I posted on YouTube, but the link for more Video Reporting is on Yahoo.

Yes, those people are very lucky! They could have been sucked into that hole too! :eek: