Water filers

Justinian

I know the prepper post is getting really long, so I thought I'd post this question in a new topic and hopefully get an answer.

What I'm looking for is a good water filter that actually filters minerals out instead of putting minerals in. Most water filters that you find are taking what they call "bad" minerals out and putting in what they call "good" minerals. What I want is something that takes out the "bad" minerals and doesn't put anything back in. It seems to be taxing my googling skills to find something like this.

Justinian

Sorry.. Thread post was supposed to read "Water Filters", not filers..

Justinian

Okay, looks like I may have finally found something that I didn't realize. So after reading this.. if this holds to be true, maybe I was wrong in wanting to remove all minerals from my water?

The below is taken from: Berkey Water Filters Vs Reverse Osmosis / Big Berkey Water Filters

"Beneficial Minerals in the Water

Reverse Osmosis systems strip out the beneficial minerals from the water making it an acidic, "hypotonic" solution. A hypotonic solution is a de-mineralized solution. This ultimately has impact on the body because when a hypotonic solution comes in contact with a hypertonic (mineralized) solution, equilibrium is sought. The hypertonic solution in this case is your body's fluids which are full of minerals. Continuous drinking of a hypotonic solution results in minerals being transferred from your body's blood and lymphatic system to this de-mineralized water and being flushed from your body. Over time, in an effort to re-mineralize itself, your body will begin to rob it's organs and bones of these minerals. This continuous cycle will have a negative impact on bodily function unless there is sufficient minerals being taken in through food and supplements to counterbalance.
The black berkey filters that come standard with all our berkey water filter systems are purposefully designed to leave the beneficial minerals in the water to avoid this dangerous cycle of body demineralization.
On a related note, the large majority of the population does not get sufficient minerals from their food because it is nutritionally depleted. No matter what your source of water, or filtration choice, we recommend a high quality multi-vitamin on a daily basis. We stress high quality because many supplements on the market are created with low quality ingredients and are not designed synergistically, and thus are not absorbed or utilized by the body beneficially."

Justinian

Yeah that's what I've kind of been hearing. But I've been getting a real steady flow of kidney stones. My body doesn't seem to be able to process all the minerals very well. That's what lead me to search for this in the first place.

titorite

Justinian

Thanks for that post titorite. It doesn't remove minerals, but I'm going to read up on this a bit more and check out these studies they say have been done in Japan.