Welcome

• Thread starter Invision Power Board Team
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralan

Welcome

Hey everyone.

I am very confused about what has happened with the old forum. I only found out about this one by typing in .net instead of .tk by mistake...

Well, I'm glad that the real spirit of the forum has survived Gavin's destruction of what had been built up, but it looks like its going to take a long time to get this up and going. Seems things have got off to a slow start.

For those who don't know about me and care, I'm Urno Arnan Ralan from the old forum. I joined the forum as a hoaxer with a crazy tale about being from space that didn't really involve time travel... I was trying to discourage people from being too easily swayed by other more threatening hoaxers such as John Titor, with the aim of eventually revealing myself. As I grew more and more attached to my fake role, I found this harder and harder to do. After some time surviving questioning largely from Phoenix and Gannon (this was back last year when debunking was much less harsh), I created another account, got revealed, became frustrated with myself for dragging the hoax out, and eventually admitted to being a fake.

I explained myself and my reasoning as best I could; some accepted me, a few were more angry with me. I have since realised that even with good intentions lying is still, always, wrong, but I do not regret what I did, because I did the thing I felt best to do at the time.

I am not particularly clever, and I cannot contribute in the same way as most of the other (older) members; I stayed on at the old forum, and have come here now, because I have good friends in this community, and enjoy being part of this great thing.

I'm 15, living in the UK. I am part of a band called The Project, my weapon for the changes I feel such a great need to make.

My first name is Jake.

Thanks to everyone for keeping the forum going,

Ralan.

Jovial_Kitten

Welcome

Originally posted by Ralan@Jun 15 2004, 03:12 PM
Peasant??
these are the new user ranks...it goes peasant,noble,apprentice, etc. I believe you can change these titles in your user control panel.

Jovial_Kitten

Welcome

Welcome urno, I, for one, am glad you joined. We had a rocky start when we first met but I'm cool with you now and feel you'll bring alot to this forum.
We seem to be doing well 30 member in almost 48 hours. not to mention almost 150 posts, most of them phoenix's.
Phoenix was a vital part of the old board and we are very lucky to have him as part of this one.

Cornelia

Welcome

hi Ralan/Jake,
glad to see you. You're a good person from my point of view. And you can change your description into "Resident teen"!!!
Hugs
Cornelia

Ralan

Welcome

Hmm. I changed it to Representing Project and now I'm reluctant to change it. Even though it doesn't mean anything.

Pheonix are you the admin for this forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.