We're Again Receiving a Strange Radio Signal From a Distant Galaxy

Wind7

Staff

Could this be some sort of reply? (see below)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Radio waves from Earth have reached dozens of stars

As we continue our search for extraterrestrial life,
a new study estimates how many other worlds might have already spotted us.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have had the recurring thought after hearing of the signal we've detected from space that,
maybe....just maybe...We're receiving something in return now.

It's terrifying and also very cool to think that someone (Or something)
might be responding to the signals WE'VE been sending out to space for all these years.

:)

angelajuneangela

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have had the recurring thought after hearing of the signal we've detected from space that,

might be responding to the signals WE'VE been sending out to space for all these years.

Listen to me. We do not want aliens to come to Earth. They will slaughter ball us. Stop calling them out. Some of us don't want to get kidnapped and tortured. Do not return signals. Destroy all equipment. If you see a spaceship run like hell. Aliens hate runners because you cause problems and are disobedient on their worlds. The want to torture passive people, so run as fast as you can if you see a ship landing and they will leave you alone. Peace out.

Mr_Zero

Listen to me. We do not want aliens to come to Earth. They will slaughter ball us. Stop calling them out. Some of us don't want to get kidnapped and tortured. Do not return signals. Destroy all equipment. If you see a spaceship run like hell. Aliens hate runners because you cause problems and are disobedient on their worlds. The want to torture passive people, so run as fast as you can if you see a ship landing and they will leave you alone. Peace out.
your idea of aliens is so human like.

Wind7

Staff

I have no idea who you are talking to as,
I am not CALLING THEM OUT or any such thing.

It's a cool finding that merited a thread of its own.

Really....That's all.

Harte

There are at least a dozen different phenomena that can cause something like this. Not counting signals from aliens (which is dumb, just dumb.)
On top of that, the vid tells you that at least one source is 3.5 billion light years away, which means even if it was aliens (which is dumb, just dumb,) the point is moot since it would be aliens signaling 3.5 billion years ago.

Harte

lamdo263

Wow' mysterious serious.

Wind7

Staff
There are at least a dozen different phenomena that can cause something like this. Not counting signals from aliens (which is dumb, just dumb.)
On top of that, the vid tells you that at least one source is 3.5 billion light years away, which means even if it was aliens (which is dumb, just dumb,) the point is moot since it would be aliens signaling 3.5 billion years ago.

Harte

Would you call the actual searches for extraterrestrial life....Dumb? ;)

jiangnanah

It is not easy to say. If humans can find the aliens, it's getting the treasure. Their technology must exceed human beings. We should try to communicate with them instead of attacking them.

Harte

Would you call the actual searches for extraterrestrial life....Dumb? ;)
No.
But this thread isn't about that.
This is a radio signal coming from over 3 billion light years away.
Such a source would be so strong that the signal would fry anything in its path over the first 10% or so.
Dumb is thinking THIS is a signal from aliens.
Our own strongest signals (radar mapping other planets for example) can barely reach 10% of our home galaxy before attenuation smears them into the background.

Harte