What are they doing?

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith
What are they doing?

There's some construction going on outside my apartment, and they've been doing a lot of landscaping and stuff; it looks really nice.

I'm not sure what they're doing now though so maybe someone here has experience with whatever it is and can fill me in. They've started pounding metal poles into the ground around this long rectangular planter box, and it seems too tall for a fence since the bushes they just planted in there would be hidden if they did that. I attached a picture, hopefully you can explain it to me

It's probably something painfully obvious ;)

Lucidus

Re: What are they doing?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"TheHeggy\")</div>
There's some construction going on outside my apartment, and they've been doing a lot of landscaping and stuff; it looks really nice.

I'm not sure what they're doing now though so maybe someone here has experience with whatever it is and can fill me in. They've started pounding metal poles into the ground around this long rectangular planter box, and it seems too tall for a fence since the bushes they just planted in there would be hidden if they did that. I attached a picture, hopefully you can explain it to me

It's probably something painfully obvious ;)[/b]

Are they building a highrise?

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith

LOL yeah. It's a little mini-highrise for small animals ;)

Lucidus

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"TheHeggy\")</div>
LOL yeah. It's a little mini-highrise for small animals ;)[/b]

ok, sorry,

I thought maybe it was a residential highrise with a garden, the metal poles may just be part of the foundation. Otherwise I dunno.

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith

Ohh no I thought you were making a joke ;) The poles are just around that thing with the bushes, and a little ways along the grass... I guess I'll just have to wait. It's about time these guys started beautifying the place. They've been digging up pipes and stuff all winter and up until a couple weeks ago it was all dirt, mud and rubble.

StarLord

Looks to me they are getting ready to dominate all the worms in that area. All you need to do is add a charge to each pole. Sure beats the hell out of having to play a flute for hours on end.

Anders

What does it look like now? It kind of looks like someone plans to put up some sort of temporary barrier around the new plantings. And Star, a stick with a number of notches cut into it driven into the ground works much better. You rub another stick across the notches, the vibrations radiate into the ground, and the worms head for the surface. The worms mistake the vibrations for rain and you know what the sidewalks look like after it rains.

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith

There's some orange string wrapped from pole to pole, so maybe that's it. They haven't put any poles around the 7 or 8 other areas with new plants though... I could always go ask or something, but these guys are all French and I don't feel like being the dumb English speaking guy ;)

Kreeper

It will not let me open the link. It keeps telling me I don't have permission to access it.