What happened?

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith
What happened?

Did anybody else just have the site go down for them? I kept getting a database error...

Wasn't me, I swear! :lol:

sinister

Re: What happened?

ya...altho i refreshed it a couple times and it came back, but next link and i could not get past the database error...never seen that before

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith

Weird LOL. Maybe Cloaked was doing something with the server or something. I got scared for a second...

Cloaked

What was the db error?
I didn't do anything on the server. In fact haven't touched anything on it since I fixed the php problems a couple months back.

Cloaked

The backup task was running and when it runs it shuts down connections to mysql. I added some extra code to the batch program to shutdown the website as well. No sense having it up while mysql is down.

virtualgirl

I got it too. I thought it was my machine. I took the net totally down and back up. Then everything was fine. What probably happened is the server took a hit. In my business, it does happen. Even with the best of equipment. At least it was only 1. When this happens, there are usually 2-3 in a row.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"TheHeggy\")</div>
Did anybody else just have the site go down for them? I kept getting a database error...

Wasn't me, I swear! :lol:[/b]

Motoko Aoyama

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! There are so much problems in the board, every time the board gets updated new problems occur, GRRRRRRRRRRR I am getting sick and tired of reactivating my password every time I go into this forum either get it right and stick to the version of the board or don't even bother having one. GGGGGGRRRRRAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith

Um... No one has had to change their password or re-activate their account since we changed forum software in late 2004. Are you sure you're not just forgetting your password? We haven't changed software versions since February when we upgraded from vBulletin 3.0.6 to 3.0.7, and even then you didn't have to change your password or re-activate -- The forums just got shut off for about 20 minutes... Not sure what's going on on your end. :huh: