What if time dilation is not real

Angelhoney

the evidence for time dilation is that atomic clocks ticks at diffrent rates when they are in motion and moving fast vs when they are stationary. Also clocks that are in a stronger gravitational field tick faster. But what does this prove? That time dilation is real? Or does it simply prove that clocks themselves (not time) are affected by motion and gravity and they therefore tick differently. Justlike the weight of a person is affected by gravity.
Time dilation is the only thing that is giving me hope that time travel might be possible, but if it's proven to be not real then I would be very dissaponted.

timecore

the evidence for time dilation is that atomic clocks ticks at diffrent rates when they are in motion and moving fast vs when they are stationary. Also clocks that are in a stronger gravitational field tick faster. But what does this prove? That time dilation is real? Or does it simply prove that clocks themselves (not time) are affected by motion and gravity and they therefore tick differently. Justlike the weight of a person is affected by gravity.
Time dilation is the only thing that is giving me hope that time travel might be possible, but if it's proven to be not real then I would be very dissaponted.
My idea for time travel does not rely on time dilation.So i would not even care.I posted it on this forum.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
I personally think there is a disinformation campaign being perpetrated by the educational community to keep us all educated with fiction. Apparently it has been decided that time ticks more slowly on the earth due to the gravitational field. But that time flow rate was measured by atomic clocks. Atomic clocks measure the decay rate of a radioactive element. That decay rate is what is used as the time base for the clocks accuracy. But it is known that an atomic based clock out in a large orbit around the earth will measure time flowing by more rapidly because the decay rate of the radioactive elements is faster. The motion time dilation theory is just that. A theory. The experiments done weren't conclusive because of experimental error.

So I would like to know why we are being told time flow is even related to atomic decay. The facts say that atomic decay rates are based on the gravitational field intensity.

Now if time travel is possible it wont be based on any theory being promulgated by the educational community.

Angelhoney

@Einstien what you are saying makes alot of sense. This perhaps confirms my fear that time dilation is not real and maybe time itself doesn't exist. Bye bye my time travel hopes :'(

TimeFlipper

Maybe a look at the dictionary definition of dilation might help us a little here.:)
Dilation: dilation is a transformation that produces an image that is the same shape as the original, but is a different size..A dilation stretches or shrinks the original image:

Applying this to time is a tricky thing to do..Lets consider time can either stretch or shrink and what does this actually have to do with Time per se?..The answer is nothing much...No matter how you look at this the only outcome we can actually think or write about is that Time can only go forwards backwards or simply stop...The one thing we could say about time-dilation is that this action "stops time over a period of time"..( time is stopped for 5 or 30minutes as an example, but we may or may not perceive this happening)

Im with Einstein on this term being fictional...Maybe a book author decided to use the term Time Dilation as a new way of looking at Time travel in his book :)

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
Time dilation is the only thing that is giving me hope that time travel might be possible, but if it's proven to be not real then I would be very dissaponted.[

/QUOTE]My idea for time travel does not rely on time dilation.So i would not even care.I posted it on this forum.

I agree with your post. (time travel does not rely on time dilation)

Angelhoney

@TimeFlipper, well I was thking that if time can actually stretch or shrink and we can measure it then that means that time exist. If time really exist then this means that matbe oneday we'll be able to time travel.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
@Einstien what you are saying makes alot of sense. This perhaps confirms my fear that time dilation is not real and maybe time itself doesn't exist. Bye bye my time travel hopes :'(

Personally I think the reason we are being misdirected with theory is because they don't want us to find out time travel is probably much simpler than what they are trying to make us believe.

TimeFlipper

@TimeFlipper, well I was thking that if time can actually stretch or shrink and we can measure it then that means that time exist. If time really exist then this means that matbe oneday we'll be able to time travel.
Iam certain that time-travel exists, have no worries about that..
Perhaps if you read up on the Philadelphia Experiment, you will appreciate the dangers and the technology that went along with it :)
Although nowadays the technology is very much smaller :)