What is God?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gnostic Christian

Even if there is a higher purpose, it doesn't justify all the suffering in the world. People might say that we need to suffer so we become better people. Like, what about kids in Africa? Born in poverty and they die in poverty or slavery. What about kids that are born with cancer? And people who are born psychopaths?

If we are talking of a supernatural god who could do something, I agree.

If we are talking reality, you should look at the evil tats for the first time.

The chances of the sufferings you see, happening to any of us is relatively small.

Some comedians are even having fun with the really insecure and fearful.

Have a look at this link and then go see that the stats for most evil markers, poverty, killings, slavery etc. are at the best per capita levels that we have ever collectively enjoyed. We should wish for better but are still doing great.

Regards
DL

Gnostic Christian

There's no excuse for any god or celestial being. Those things don't make people better. That's suffering until death.

The fact that we can keep those who wish to remain alive, alive, likely makes their care givers better as it increases experience.

Remember that not that many years ago, many of us would be dead if medical science had not accelerated when it did.

Even stent research. If it would have been slower, I might be dead today.

Regards
DL

Gnostic Christian

There's no excuse for any god or celestial being. Those things don't make people better. That's suffering until death.

Do you believe in evolution?

As we evolve, we must both compete/do evil, and cooperate/do good.

The evil of our competitions are quite small as compared to us ending our evolution.

Be it from some imaginary god or nature, we should see creation and our evolution as having a lot of good as compared to the small amount of evil within it.

Regards
DL

beardedsisters

What is God? Don't even bother answering is my opinion! Totally futile! Is God consciousness, maybe. Does God have a gender, I don't think so.

I would recommend reading books by Neville Goddard, his interpretation of the Bible resonates with me! God is imagination! Expand your mind and expand your possibilities.

The Bible, maybe it should not be read literally?

Happy Sunday All!!!

Gnostic Christian

What is God? Don't even bother answering is my opinion! Totally futile! Is God consciousness, maybe. Does God have a gender, I don't think so.

I would recommend reading books by Neville Goddard, his interpretation of the Bible resonates with me! God is imagination! Expand your mind and expand your possibilities.

The Bible, maybe it should not be read literally?

Happy Sunday All!!!

You might be interested in my Gnostic Christian view.

You seem in tune with our thinking.

Modern Gnostic Christians name our god "I am", and yes, we do mean ourselves.

You are your controller. I am mine. You represent and present whatever mind picture you have of your God or ideal human, and so do I.

The name "I Am" you might see as meaning something like, --- I think I have grown up thanks to having forced my apotheosis through Gnosis and meditation and “I am”, represents the best rules and laws that we have found to live by.

In Gnostic Christianity, we follow the Christian tradition that Christians have forgotten that they are to do. That is, become brethren to Jesus.

That is why some say that the only good Christian is a Gnostic Christian.

Here is the real way to salvation that Jesus taught.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Allan Watts explain those quotes in detail.

Joseph Campbell shows the same esoteric ecumenist idea in this link.

The bible just plainly says to put away the things of children. The supernatural and literal reading of myths.

Regards
DL

lamdo263

If God is outside of space and time, he sees everything happening at the same time. There is evil in this world and he doesn't stop it. There are only two options: 1. He's a sick fuck and created all of this theater just for his entertainment. 2. He can't change nothing because he is outside of time. He can't even change himself because there is no change in eternity. He just is. And if it's option 2, he has no control over the world. Or maybe we are supposed to be united to him but the reptilians are creating linear time using planet saturn. Maybe the gnostics were right and we are feeding with our suffering energy a giant demiurge. If Yahwe is real, I don't know what to say. He could have prevented all the suffering and pain. But he had to follow the script he wrote without caring of the suffering of humans. Maybe it's all a joke. Maybe we are part of a gigantic consciousness. A mind. And if that is true, what kind of sick mind would create such a hell like this.
A type of intelligence without form. God, God is the being that presides over our realty that seems to be the brand known as the Christian God intelligence. However is not other gods, known also as a God. e.g. Zeus is a god but not the Christian god.

NaturalPhilosopher

A type of intelligence without form. God, God is the being that presides over our realty that seems to be the brand known as the Christian God intelligence. However is not other gods, known also as a God. e.g. Zeus is a god but not the Christian god.
don't be so sure about that
there's intentional errors in christanity.
there's also intentional errors in all other religions and pagan myths.

when fixed, you find the same god

Status
Not open for further replies.