What the hell is happening to me?

Hemoman

What the hell is happening to me?

Ok maybe i'm just mild schizo though I hope not. I was starring into a mirror, fixing my gaze on my left eye. here was the only things that could account for what I saw other than seeing something I can't explain

-I have stigmatism and my glasses were off
-I was extremely tired

I stared into my left eye to the point where i saw te left side of my face kind of as if it was the only part of my face somewhat like those visual illusions where it's a vase but also two faces?

Anyway what i saw (think) was it looked like my face morphed into a kind of a mix between human/dog or demon kind of thing. I have no idea what this was and the only thing I can think of to account for it is severe mental stress, being physically exhausted and not wearing my glasses. When I realized what was happening I kind of snapped back to reality and it was all gone.

Anybody hear of anything similar to this?

darkbreed

Re: What the hellis happening to me?

Yeah its a quite common illusion, the good old "stare into a mirror" thing. I think most people will experience some sort of illusion by doing this, for example stare into the mirror focusing at the point between your eyebrowns and without moving the eyes around keep focused at that point for some minutes and see if any distortions happens.

Hemoman

thanks for reply that's more of a relief than you know. I've been kind of paranoid lately and to hear that it's just an optical illusion is quite comforting. thanks man.

Harte

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Hemoman\")</div>
thanks for reply that's more of a relief than you know. I've been kind of paranoid lately and to hear that it's just an optical illusion is quite comforting. thanks man.[/b]
Hey hemo,
I wouldn't listen to darkbreed on this one. That guy thinks there's a scientific explanation for everything. He just can't accept that the paranormal exists. No, good buddy, I'd have to say that you are most likely a lycanthrope. The change has already begun for you. God help your family, friends and neighbors!

Harte

beautifulmess

I agree with darkbreed. Nothing happend is quite common and just an illusion, trick of the mind thing. Nothing for you to worr about. I have freaked myself out like that in front of a mirror many times.

virtualgirl

Re: What the hell is happening to me?

Hemo,

This is something that happens when your eyes train out of focus. It's almost like, when you look at that puzzle thing they sometimes put in the newspaper. You stare at it and your eyes focus in on the hidden picture that all the little zigzags create. This is kind of the opposite of that. It is strange though. Hehe. You can do the same effect with your hands. Make 2 fists except for your thumbs. Put your thumbs together, end to end and then stare at them with your finger nails up. Once your eyes go out of focus, you should see a third thumb in there. LOL

Virtualgirl

StarLord

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Harte\")</div>
Hey hemo,
I wouldn't listen to darkbreed on this one. That guy thinks there's a scientific explanation for everything. He just can't accept that the paranormal exists. No, good buddy, I'd have to say that you are most likely a lycanthrope. The change has already begun for you. God help your family, friends and neighbors!

Harte[/b]

Jeeze Harte, the one time you actually hit on the truth and no one wants to listen. That doth sux. We need to send that guy some Coloidal Silver solution, Farmer's Almanac Full Moon Chart and a Flowbee ASAP.

Bernard

Re: What the hell is happening to me?

What is the quote? "There are many more things on earth as were ever dreamt in heaven".

The mind is more powerful than we know and it can certainly play tricks on us....How many times have you thought you saw something out of the corner of your eye and when you look there is nothing there?

I think the question is:- Why were you staring into a mirror in the first place? I think if you can answer that you will answer your own question.

Quite normal I would say.

I remember thinking and drifting off about that nothing should exist...suddenly this dark void opened in my mind and I felt I was being drawn down it and if I let slip I would not exist. Very, very frightening.

Bernard

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Hemoman\")</div>
Ok maybe i'm just mild schizo though I hope not. I was starring into a mirror, fixing my gaze on my left eye. here was the only things that could account for what I saw other than seeing something I can't explain

-I have stigmatism and my glasses were off
-I was extremely tired

I stared into my left eye to the point where i saw te left side of my face kind of as if it was the only part of my face somewhat like those visual illusions where it's a vase but also two faces?

Anyway what i saw (think) was it looked like my face morphed into a kind of a mix between human/dog or demon kind of thing. I have no idea what this was and the only thing I can think of to account for it is severe mental stress, being physically exhausted and not wearing my glasses. When I realized what was happening I kind of snapped back to reality and it was all gone.

Anybody hear of anything similar to this?[/b]