What's your local haunt?

[OTE="massie20000, post: 166142, member: 9833"]
Looks a little like one end of the Nada tunnel.
the dingess tunnel is the nearby haunted place for me.its a one lane tunnel in wv the only way in and out of the town.many people have been killed there.
[/QUOTE]
i havent heard of it.where is that located at?[/QUOTE]

Nada Kentucky, in Powell County. Beautiful, and has a great fresh water spring on one end that I get my drinking water from. Have you ever heard of a " sweet well " ? Well, this spring has a water hat actually has a type of " flavor " . I used quotes because you can't taste it, but you can. If you've never had sweet well water you wouldn't understand. But being from or in the area of your previous post I would think you'd get what I'm saying.

i have heard of sweet wells but dont think i have ever drank from one.ill look up about nada ky ive never benn there.
[OTE="massie20000, post: 166142, member: 9833"]
Looks a little like one end of the Nada tunnel.
the dingess tunnel is the nearby haunted place for me.its a one lane tunnel in wv the only way in and out of the town.many people have been killed there.
i havent heard of it.where is that located at?[/QUOTE]

Nada Kentucky, in Powell County. Beautiful, and has a great fresh water spring on one end that I get my drinking water from. Have you ever heard of a " sweet well " ? Well, this spring has a water hat actually has a type of " flavor " . I used quotes because you can't taste it, but you can. If you've never had sweet well water you wouldn't understand. But being from or in the area of your previous post I would think you'd get what I'm saying.[/QUOTE]

It is between Clay City and Campton. Its in the Wolfe county edge of Powell. There's plenty of urban legends and lore to go with almost every one if the local tourist attractions. The Angels Window for instance, is rumored to be a " window to the other side " and if you go there at any time and if the surrounding area is quiet enough, you will hear why. Whenever the wind blows at all, even a slight breeze, the shape of the rock will cause a whispering type sound.

Snake Plissken

I believe..
Premium
Always had an interest but never managed to get around to doing a vigil. Always loved the ghost shows and my favourite haunt was always the Queen Mary.

The most ghostly thing that I ever experienced was in the Radisson Blu Hotel Just off Gloucester Road tube station, London. Over the course of a week I was prodded, witnessed things dropping/falling in the room and as I curled up to sleep on the first night someone/thing whispered a very short word in my ear. Sounded something like ‘Nic’ ‘Nig’ or ‘Nop’. Tried my best to make spiritual contact through meditation but got nothing further, I was very inexperienced back then though.

The interesting thing was after I returned home I researched the hotel and could find nothing accept for one small comment where a customer had asked staff if the top floor of the hotel was haunted due to her experiences in her room - the hotel curtly replied that there were no ghosts in the hotel. I guess they didn’t want to scare away potential customers. It backed up my experience though, I wasn’t the only one to experience strange events in the Radisson!

If anyone in N.C. ever goes to Wilmington, N.C., gotta visit the USS NORTH CAROLINA docked there, if "haunted battleships" are you thing of interest.

HEIDI

Every town has some sort of ghost legend. The building that is just too creepy to assume only evil could have lived there, or the place you drive by to work every morning that makes you think back to the old stories that kept you up at night as a kid. I'm curious about what your town's local legend was. Or what is that haunted house you've always wanted to visit or already have? Share it here and attach pictures if you can-- with or without apparitions. : )
My haunt is my local lesbian swinger's night on a Friday LOL