When words don't look right...

thenumbersix

When words don't look right...

You know when you write something and have to check it's spelled right even though you're sure it is, what's going on there, why does a word that you've used all your life suddenly look odd ? Or am I just slightly dyslexic ?

I was just writing sciences, it still looks odd, compared to science, which doesn't look quite so odd but it's looking at me in a funny way still though :D

Mudpuppy

Re: When words don't look right...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"thenumbersix\")</div>
You know when you write something and have to check it's spelled right even though you're sure it is, what's going on there, why does a word that you've used all your life suddenly look odd ? Or am I just slightly dyslexic ?

I was just writing sciences, it still looks odd, compared to science, which doesn't look quite so odd but it's looking at me in a funny way still though :D[/b]

Sometimes that happens to me too. It's wired.....(hehehe) I mean wierd. But sciences is spelled correctly. :)

Strangevisitor

I do the smae thing uh same thing (now I'm doing it). It is really weird. Sometimes I'll look at something as simple as "the" and I'm like is that how it's spelled. It's like there's a missfire in the brain.

thenumbersix

I put sciences into google at least three times, heheh.

Guys (hope you don't mind guys vg, is my favourite collective friends addressing word at the moment), Would you say, as you've experienced this, that you are the sort of person who looks at the world in a 'different' way, often without prejudice or traditional biases and this could be a time where the brain is in a 'different gear' for a while so normal things seem odd. Or, possibly you are going through changes in yourself at these times.

It may just so happen that words or spelling is closely linked to some same area of the brain...? Another thing maybe slightly relevant, I haven't experienced deja-vu for years now, I really used to enjoy it as well, though I think studying it as is happened made my brain understand it in some way subconsciously, though consciously I haven't a clue why...

Mudpuppy

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"thenumbersix\")</div>
I put sciences into google at least three times, heheh.

Guys (hope you don't mind guys vg, is my favourite collective friends addressing word at the moment), Would you say, as you've experienced this, that you are the sort of person who looks at the world in a 'different' way, often without prejudice or traditional biases and this could be a time where the brain is in a 'different gear' for a while so normal things seem odd. Or, possibly you are going through changes in yourself at these times.

It may just so happen that words or spelling is closely linked to some same area of the brain...? Another thing maybe slightly relevant, I haven't experienced deja-vu for years now, I really used to enjoy it as well, though I think studying it as is happened made my brain understand it in some way subconsciously, though consciously I haven't a clue why...[/b]

Very interesting ideas. ......(see me raising one eyebrow of interest and pretending like I know exactly what you're talking about).

Well, actually, I'm glad you have made these insightful hypothesis/discoveries....because now I have a scientific explanation for "being blonde"!

I can't wait to see the look on my boss's face tomorrow when I explain away an error by saying, "You know, I'm the sort of person who looks at the world in a 'different' way, often without prejudice or traditional biases and my accidental substitution of ajax in your coffee instead of sugar could be a time where my brain was in a 'different gear' for a while so normal things seem odd". :lol:

thenumbersix

heheh, maybe that's it, am blonde also, it was hot yesterday maybe the reflection of sun energy off my head created a particle vortex above my brain and caused a 'blonde moment'...?