Whisperings

solodroid

I keep hearing whispers. And I'm not talking about people whispering. I'm talking about when I'm alone. I hear a whisper behind my right ear like someone is talking to me but I cannot understand what they are saying or they call my name. And it's sort of loud. Like a loud whisper. I'm not schizophrenic. I'm completely normal. But now I'm starting to wonder.... And it only happens at work. Do you think it could be the high EMF levels from my computer? I also heard it in the passage today. Right near my ear. And it's always behind me.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
I would say to try and get a recording of the sound you hear. That way you will know if it's real or if you are starting to develop schizophrenia.

solodroid

I have tried. And I haven't developed any other symptoms of schizophrenia. Besides, I'm 26 I'm sure it would have developed by now if I was... I am trying to record the sounds but maybe I'm recording at the wrong time.

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith
If it's only happening in a specific environment, then it's likely that environment is responsible. Without knowing all the information, anything we could offer is purely uninformed speculation.

Perhaps a nearby air duct making noise? Perhaps the angles in your workspace are such that some sounds carry strangely? Perhaps you work with a dickbag?

solodroid

We don't have air ducts in our offices. And the reason why I'm concerned is because it happens in those moments when everything in quiet. Just for a few seconds, so I can hear it. And it sounds like a female voice and I'm in internal sales. So I work with men. Most of my female colleagues work down the hall.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
I keep hearing whispers. And I'm not talking about people whispering. I'm talking about when I'm alone. I hear a whisper behind my right ear like someone is talking to me but I cannot understand what they are saying or they call my name. And it's sort of loud. Like a loud whisper. I'm not schizophrenic. I'm completely normal. But now I'm starting to wonder.... And it only happens at work. Do you think it could be the high EMF levels from my computer? I also heard it in the passage today. Right near my ear. And it's always behind me.

Yes, try to get a recording, and also, don't get upset with me, but there are other disorders that can cause you to hear things. Just promise that if it affects your life to have a doctor check you out. I'm NOT saying I don't believe you, but as a former paranormal investigator, I always tried to rule out psychological issues. So please, don't take that personally. I really would hate to see someone with a brain tumor ignore it.

At any rate, also try to communicate with "the whispers".

solodroid

I know I'm not going nuts. And like I said guys I haven't had any other symptoms to make me worry about. Mental issue. Like dizziness or hallucinations or headaches or anything of the the sort. And it sounds like a person a real person. That's what's frightening. And it only happens at work. No where else. If it was a disorder I'm sure it would happen at home as well? Don't stress. I have decided my over sensitivity stays out of the forum jedi ☺

solodroid

Yes, try to get a recording, and also, don't get upset with me, but there are other disorders that can cause you to hear things. Just promise that if it affects your life to have a doctor check you out. I'm NOT saying I don't believe you, but as a former paranormal investigator, I always tried to rule out psychological issues. So please, don't take that personally. I really would hate to see someone with a brain tumor ignore it.

I'm a bit worried about communicating with it. I don't want to invite anything malevolent into my life. I almost had a demon try to kill me once. I'm not over enthusiastic about having another episode like that.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith

I'm a bit worried about communicating with it. I don't want to invite anything malevolent into my life. I almost had a demon try to kill me once. I'm not over enthusiastic about having another episode like that.

Hmmmm ok, well, tell it to go away?

solodroid

Hmmmm ok, well, tell it to go away?
I suppose that could work....