Debunking Who Perpetrated the John Titor Hoax?

JTFriend

Nope, the only person who wrote the JT posts was John. There is something in English Lit class called syntax and diction; the "voice" throughout the posts is consistent and recognizable due to consistent syntax and diction.

Do actors and actresses on TV or in movies use a consistent syntax or diction? I'll just go ahead and say yes here, and do you know they have a team of writers writing the script? Again, I'll add the yes, so just how is it you think you can definitively state that there is no way more than one person had any thing to do with the "story" Titor told?
Also;
Titor was "allegedly born in 1998. He would not be a child of the 70's or the 90's, the people you say you know so well. Titor claimed to be from 2036 so that would make him 38 when he was here in 2000. If he wasn't a time traveler but was 38 then he would have been born in 1968. Almost a child of the 70's but more likely influenced by the 80's since most people are influenced by the events in their teens to mid 20's, in which case, he is "just now" beginning to be influenced if he was born in 1998.
As far as the 70's child not thinking the world would be better off with half of the people being dead... you don't know the 70's... but I do. There were several sects during the 70's. One group was make love not war. One group were the renaissance types. One group thought man was a blight on the Earth, this group has existed through till today too, and wanted more than anything for half of the population to be destroyed. And don't forget they thought people should be euthanized at 30, "Logan's Run" (1976).

Someone my age did not write the Titor posts. That is just utterly absurd.

Peregrini

Someone my age did not write the Titor posts. That is just utterly absurd.

I do not know what you mean. I did not say "someone your age wrote it".
You're saying kids born in the 70s were indoctrinated with weirdo Boomer cultural stuff like "make love not war". We weren't.

You're still not making any sense. The late 60's and early 70's were full of make love not war hippies putting flowers in the barrels of National Guard member's rifles. Perhaps you were too young to know about it?

JTFriend

I do not know what you mean. I did not say "someone your age wrote it".
You're saying kids born in the 70s were indoctrinated with weirdo Boomer cultural stuff like "make love not war". We weren't.

You're still not making any sense. The late 60's and early 70's were full of make love not war hippies putting flowers in the barrels of National Guard member's rifles. Perhaps you were too young to know about it?
I'm making perfect sense. My generation would be too young to remember these things and is not a product of Vietnam.

Apocalypse

Rather than read the evisceral diatribe that the trolls have allowed this thread to become, I'll simply ask this...

Does anyone realise that Titor posted about Jesus having returned, and that "he's pissed".? That alone should be enough to prove this travesty of a hoax.

Can you quote Titor on this ? Cause i can't remember reading such a thing.
It was located deep within the posts on the "Oliver Williams' Story Website" that is JohnTitor.com.

Apocalypse

Nope, the only person who wrote the JT posts was John. There is something in English Lit class called syntax and diction; the "voice" throughout the posts is consistent and recognizable due to consistent syntax and diction.

Do actors and actresses on TV or in movies use a consistent syntax or diction? I'll just go ahead and say yes here, and do you know they have a team of writers writing the script? Again, I'll add the yes, so just how is it you think you can definitively state that there is no way more than one person had any thing to do with the "story" Titor told?
Do participants in the audience come into the show believing it?

Or do they know that they're about to fundamentally be lied to because the actors/actresses are playing a role - not intentionally being truthful to either themselves, or others?

Actors/actresses are a poor example to use when it comes to consistent syntax or diction. You may as well employ the disinformationalist argument.

Jeremiah

Do participants in the audience come into the show believing it?

Or do they know that they're about to fundamentally be lied to because the actors/actresses are playing a role - not intentionally being truthful to either themselves, or others?

Actors/actresses are a poor example to use when it comes to consistent syntax or diction. You may as well employ the disinformationalist argument.
Hello all! I'm new here, just reading a lot and learning about differing opinions and views on things. It's great to be part of this community, there are many thoughts and ideas floating around that I'm intrigued by. But to get to the point of THIS post, I think what Peregrini was trying to say is that just as shows and movies have teams of writers to come up with what the actors should say and do, it could have been a collaborative effort by several people here involved in the John Titor writings with only one person actually doing the posting, so as to make it feel more fluid and more the same. (as in maybe one person did the posting with the final word on what actually was said and how it was said). Just an idea. Hope no one takes offense, just been reading for a while and thought I'd add something to the discussion. :)
I don't really feel I've read enough about this subject to make a statement on what I personally believe about John Titor, but I always keep an open mind and open heart to any possibility. Have a great day folks.

Apocalypse

Hello all! I'm new here, just reading a lot and learning about differing opinions and views on things. It's great to be part of this community, there are many thoughts and ideas floating around that I'm intrigued by. But to get to the point of THIS post

I understood the "point" Peregrini was making. It was a poor example to use to illustrate it.