Who would you meet...

CaryP

Who would you meet...

Originally posted by Grayson@Sep 16 2004, 02:42 PM
The 300 Spartans who stopped Xerxes at Thermopylae.

God, what a conversation that would be.

Man, that would be too cool. Talk about some bad mofo's (BMF's). Showed the Persians what the Spartans were capable of.

iooqxpooi,

Thanks for adding Douglas MacArthur and George Patton to the list. Excellent choices I had forgotten about. I would also add Wyatt Earp, his brothers Virgil and Morgan, and John "Doc" Holiday to the list, along with some other "Old West" luminaries. Wild Bill Hickock, Calamity Jane, Buffalo Bill Cody, Bat Masterson, Billy the Kid (William Bonney), Jessie James, Frank James, Pat Garrett, and George Custer come to mind. I'd also like to speak with some of the famous Indian leaders. Sitting Bull, Crazy Horse, Geronimo, Red Cloud, Blackhawk, Chief Seattle, Pontiac, Tecumsah rolled of the top of my list.

Cary

iooqxpooi

Who would you meet...

Originally posted by CaryP+Sep 17 2004, 03:49 AM--><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Grayson@Sep 16 2004, 02:42 PM
The 300 Spartans who stopped Xerxes at Thermopylae.

God, what a conversation that would be.

Man, that would be too cool. Talk about some bad mofo's (BMF's). Showed the Persians what the Spartans were capable of.

iooqxpooi,

Thanks for adding Douglas MacArthur and George Patton to the list. Excellent choices I had forgotten about. I would also add Wyatt Earp, his brothers Virgil and Morgan, and John "Doc" Holiday to the list, along with some other "Old West" luminaries. Wild Bill Hickock, Calamity Jane, Buffalo Bill Cody, Bat Masterson, Billy the Kid (William Bonney), Jessie James, Frank James, Pat Garrett, and George Custer come to mind. I'd also like to speak with some of the famous Indian leaders. Sitting Bull, Crazy Horse, Geronimo, Red Cloud, Blackhawk, Chief Seattle, Pontiac, Tecumsah rolled of the top of my list.

Cary
[snapback]9566[/snapback]​
[/b][/quote]
Those are some good choices! Well...I'd only put the ones that I know, which is a couple of the 'Wild West' people, Custer, and all of the indian leaders...

Also, I'd probably add the British General that led the Battle of El Alamein, a couple of the ooooooooooooooooold Chinese generals when battle was mostly hand to hand(can't remember their names right now...I can only say that they wrote commentaries on Sun Tzu's The Art of War), Isaac Newton, Copernicus, and the Bernoulli Family.

Jean-Jacques Mass

Who would you meet...

I would love to visit Leonardo Da Vinci, my mentor and guide. If I could use his creative genius in considering the problems of time with what I know now, we would find an answer, I am sure.

Alyxavior

Who would you meet...

I'd like to spend a day with the ancient Mayan civilization and discuss their prophecies about our future.

XDrFirefly

Who would you meet...

It would be very cool, to meet all of those great people. But, I honestly think it would be fun to meet more common people of the times.
Maybe starting off with relatives i've heard stories about. Then, maybe just a common southern soldier during the Civil War. Then it would be cool to meet some of the people that built the Pyramids. Finally, some of the blacksmith that made the great swords for the dark ages.

just tring to look at it in a different light.

-dr ff

Ruben

Who would you meet...

If I could just go to any time, I would wish to see the happening of the Big Bang, and if I had to meet a person... Hmmm... Let's see... Well, honoustly no-one... :unsure:
icon5.gif

Eutychus

Who would you meet...

Originally posted by Mrs. Heggy@Sep 15 2004, 08:22 PM
Going with my other topic, if you could go back in time and meet anyone in the world, or just do something differently, who would you meet or what would you just do differently or what would you just want to experience over again?

I'm full of what ifs...so watch out....lol. :D

This is a nasty topic. Have been reading responses for a long time on this one and finally decided...or not. These things have unexpected side effects. If I was to change anything, I would delete my involvement in little league baseball when I was thirteen. That would cause me to avoid a line drive to the right temporal region of my skull, the resulting epilepsy, and thirteen years of living in a fog brought on by anticonvulsants.

But then, if I was able to make this change, I'd likely not have met my wife, would have missed out on a near-miraculous set of circumstances that put me in a position to have the offending gray matter removed and the epilepsy done away with, and not have a son who is finally tall enough to take over my job of getting things off the top shelf in the kitchen. Before acting on such a wish list, it's very important that you think through all the possibilities.

Kalagast

Who would you meet...

I would meet Thoth/Hermes/Mercury/Enoch, if he existed. If not, then one of the following (listed in order of historical presence):

Some of the original Egyptian priests at Innu
First Ruler of the Unified Two Lands of Egypt, Narmer
Egyptian Third Dynasty Architect, Imhotep
EgyptianFourth Dynasty Pharaoh, Khafre
Probable Founder of Judaism and Rogue Egyptian Noble, Moses
Jewish Prophet, Daniel
Frighteningly Narcissistic Macedonian Monarch, Alexander III (the Great)
Jewish Religious Reformist/Savior Figure and All Around Okay Guy, Jesus
The builders of Teotihuacan
Egyptian Historian, Manetho
Founder of Islam, Mohammed
Khmer Monarch, Jayavarman II
Founder of the Knights Templar, Hugh de Payens
Abyssinian Monarch, Lalibela
Scottish Pretty Likeable Fellow, Robert the Bruce
American Weirdo/Prophet, Edgar Cayce
Notorious Megalomaniac, Adolph Hitler
Nazi General, Erwin Rommel

StarLord

Who would you meet...

If you go to visit Hitler make sure you have lots of Beano and Air Fresheners with you.