Why do men like to kill men?

youarethecoffin

The terrifyingly sad thing is I don't think it's an inherent need to kill anymore. Maybe in the beginning of our species, when we were more animalistic, we had those impulses. A friend of mine is going into the Navy to pay for college, and that's it. If he had another choice, he'd take it. Simply, war is money, money is war. The companies and our government work together for the benefit of the wealth of the top 5%. The lives lost do not matter to them.

Even with Vietnam and the atrocities committed fresh in our memories, we raise little boys with weapons, GI Joes and little green Army men, playing the game of death without the dire consequences. They see the guy who shoots the most as the hero of the story. We tell them not to cry or express emotions that could make them seem vulnerable. It is not a surprise this negativity comes out as anger. It's the guys who end up shooting their classmates in a rampage, not the girls.

We're a society too bent on destruction, capitalism, and 'traditional' values to consider the survival of our children.

Gnostic Christian

The terrifyingly sad thing is I don't think it's an inherent need to kill anymore.

Nicely put buddy.

To this quote.
I see the killing as going against our older instincts.
Killing of ones own kind in the animal world is not common. Usually when a foe starts to run away, the wimnner lets him go as that is his best survival strategy. Every time an animal fights, it takes a chance of losing and once a fight is won, the winner will not put himself in jeopardy again as that is the worse survival strategy.

Regards
DL

alpha centauri

Why do men like to kill men?

At times of war, many men smile in the anticipation of killing another man. Sons love to anticipate killing as well. Killing is the epitome of personal drama and that is why we love it. Fathers love to see it in their children, and the children are eager to emulate their parents.

We just love war, and it we do not collectively stop loving it, it looks like we will go extinct. We are just to god damned powerful for this little spaceship earth.

Nice that modern humans, as a species we are so nice that we mostly do economic war. Not so nice when we wage military war. Unfortunately, we now seem to be waring against our own existence.

Better to trade, even with nature; so why do we seem eager to destroy ourselves by killing the earth?

The notion of honorable killing served us well to date. That notion, because of population pressures and M.A.D., now means more of an honorable suicide or genocide by all the military forces of the world, should they be stupid enough to get to a nuclear WWIII.

We men are no longer doing the best that we can for our children or our own best end. We have not curbed our love of killing enough and have put our full global habitat at risk of extinction. Stupid is as stupid does.

Regards
DL

I have to tell you a paranormal story to the topic. Maybe it convinces you that there is more in this world.

The Jews are often hated because of the conspiracy theories, that were also told by Hitler (they would dominate and rule everything) and ended in the Holocaust.

This attack was done by an atheist, that believed in these theories.

He tried to attack a synagoge in Halle (East Germany) on Jom Kippur (a famous Jewish holiday). The doors of the synagoge were not really professionally locked. There was only a wooden door. He shot at the door, but nothing happend. The door remained locked. He tried for a few minutes to go in, but then he realised, that the police will soon be there, so he vanished and the blood bath was prevented. He still killed two people, but somewhere else.

The rabbi of the synagoge was interviewed after the attack. He said God protected us. It was not a surprise for me, because I know YHVH is a positve being, but it was a surprise for a lot of people.

(although I dont believe the "God" in the bible and in other scriptures of other religions was always "God" and he was sometimes replaced by a negative being)

TimeFlipper

I have to tell you a paranormal story to the topic. Maybe it convinces you that there is more in this world.

The Jews are often hated because of the conspiracy theories, that were also told by Hitler (they would dominate and rule everything) and ended in the Holocaust.

He tried to attack a synagoge in Halle (East Germany) on Jom Kippur (a famous Jewish holiday). The doors of the synagoge were not really professionall locked. There was only a wooden door. He shot at the door, but nothing happend. The door remained locked. He tried for a few minutes to go in, but then he realised, that the police will soon be there, so he vanished and the blood bath was reverted.
He still killed two people, but somewhere else.

The rabbi of the synagoge was interviewed after the attack. He said God protected us. It was not a surprise for me, because I know YHVH is a positve being, but it was a surprise for a lot of people.

(although I dont believe the "God" in the bible and in other scriptures of other religions was always "God" and he was sometimes replaced by a negative being)

Thanks for the heads up on my remark (y):)..

Gnostic Christian

He tried to attack a synagoge in Halle (East Germany) on Jom Kippur (a famous Jewish holiday). The doors of the synagoge were not really professionally locked. There was only a wooden door. He shot at the door, but nothing happend. The door remained locked. He tried for a few minutes to go in, but then he realised, that the police will soon be there, so he vanished and the blood bath was prevented. He still killed two people, but somewhere else.

Thanks for this, but I see no relevance and you have not asked a question.

As to Hitler, he was a Christian and so were the S.S. given the emblem on their belt buckle and Hitler used the Vatican bank and their help in helping Hitler's top brass to escape Germany.

Regards
DL

alpha centauri

Thanks for this, but I see no relevance and you have not asked a question.
Not to the topic. I remember that you wanted a proof for the paranormal in another discussion. Although I dont think this story convinces you.

As to Hitler, he was a Christian and so were the S.S. given the emblem on their belt buckle and Hitler used the Vatican bank and their help in helping Hitler's top brass to escape Germany.
Officially yes.
There are theories Hitler is a quarter Jew, or whole Jew, because a female part of his ancestry slept with a Rothschild.
These theroies also exist about Merkel, Erdogan, Al-Baghdadi (former leader of the IS), I think also Amadinedjad (Iran).

It is the hate of one group making someone kill another. Antisemitism is almost always connected with conspiracy therories. But even if the theories are true. There are probably only a few families involved. Perhaps 0.1 percent.
The correct thing to say would be Jew are not involved in world domination.

Gnostic Christian

The correct thing to say would be Jew are not involved in world domination.

I would see that as an incorrect statement as it is a logical fallacy.

How would you ever prove that?

A negative like that cannot be proven to be true.

You would have to know of every instance of every attempt at world domination and who was involved.

Regards
DL