Why doesn't someone help me prove this is real

ssskatercarleen

Ok, I'm not trying to act like a jerk guys, but I think I have a good point on how time machines are impossible. O.k if they were real somebody would have traveled back in time to tell us about the future and that they have created a time machine. Just like we would tell people in the future in the past. Obviously than somebody would have told US by now. If you guys have a better theory on why they are real, tell me about It I would like to know very badly, Thanks guys :p

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith

If they came back and told us how to build a time machine, then we would have created it before our future selves did. Therefore they would not have invented it and would not have come back to tell us.

Also, it's not a responsible thing to do. Especially in the state the world is in today.

Edit: What makes you think that some country doesn't already posess this technology?

dWalsh

Your point is one Stephen Hawking has mentioned in the past.

However, in addition to what TheHeggy said, consider this: If someone told you they were a time traveler, would you believe them? I'm sure you'd need an excessive amount of proof first, which would elicit the paradox Heggy mentions.

Edit: To me it's not so much an argument of whether or not time travel is possible. You're traveling at one second per second right now, in fact. The debate is over whether or not the rate of time can be altered, specifically in the negative direction (traveling backwards in time).

StarLord

Originally posted by TheHeggy@Jan 11 2005, 12:45 AM

Edit: What makes you think that some country doesn't already posess this technology?

It's a sure bet this hasn't happened yet Heggy, otherwise all the Poppy Cock and Crispy Creme Donuts would have been taken by the (let's see what was that organization...Ah yes) Temporal Time Thingy Overseers Police Conglomerate Hit One For The Gipper If You Don't Believe We Exist We Throw A Tantrum Association.

It is well known that not even Temporal Time...............Associates can resist Crispy Creme Donuts, So once they start to go missing then we have our proof.

anteuppup

Originally posted by dWalsh@Jan 11 2005, 04:13 PM
Your point is one Stephen Hawking has mentioned in the past.

However, in addition to what TheHeggy said, consider this: If someone told you they were a time traveler, would you believe them? I'm sure you'd need an excessive amount of proof first, which would elicit the paradox Heggy mentions.

Edit: To me it's not so much an argument of whether or not time travel is possible. You're traveling at one second per second right now, in fact. The debate is over whether or not the rate of time can be altered, specifically in the negative direction (traveling backwards in time).

:unsure: Lets consider the fact that if one person is able to travel in time,there are others.If that is the case;then there are manny different out comes to our future;subject to change at any one given moement in time.I also feel through collective thought our future can be changed w/out the need of a time machine.I'am new to this site.not a scientific wiz here,but like the forum to express and share thoughts and ideas.As a note,didn't JT mention there wasn't such a thing as a paradox? The cocept is a hard pill to swallow but correct me if I am mistaken.

dWalsh

I'm not sure if JT said that. Personally, I'm not a JT believer. Nor do I promote alternate world lines and the many worlds theory, hence the different view I have from you.

The way I see it, things can not be changed because they've always happened the same way. For example, I don't believe you can go back in time to visit yourself as a child unless, as a child, you were visited by yourself as an adult. So time would be self-consistent, I guess you could say.

It's interesting to see how beliefs can differ even without religion or morals being involved.

ZeoEmeraude

Welcome to the site sss. Well, if ya want to know if time machines are possible and or exist, then I say build ya one. If that aint your cup of Joe you could bug <span style='color:blue'>"The Man" until you convienently disappear. OR, I can sell ya the penny that Christoper Reeve used in the movie "Somewhre in Time" I quarantee that it works and will make all your dreams come true. BTW, that was a cool movie. </span>

StarLord

Speaking of dreams coming true, I recently purchased some Magic Beans.
When asked how things went after a while, I could only be honest and regail them with tales concerning great winds, for alas, I did not plant mine.

ZeoEmeraude

Originally posted by StarLord@Jan 11 2005, 06:33 PM
Speaking of dreams coming true, I recently purchased some Magic Beans.
When asked how things went after a while, I could only be honest and regail them with tales concerning great winds, for alas, I did not plant mine.

LOL Starlord. Hey, I had some magic beans yesterday on a hotdog. The damn thing sprouted legs, tried to bite me, and I finally had to call the SPCA to uthenize it. Proof positive that hotdog stands can be harmful to your heatlh.