Will America have a dictator?

Kairos

Well, no..

(1) The electoral college doesn't detract from the fact that a popular vote within a state is what wins the electoral votes for that state. The politicians we get are a product of supply and demand on a political marketplace.

(2) The income tax was indeed struck down as unconstitutional, so what actually happened was the government passed the sixteenth amendment to make it constitutional:

The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several States, and without regard to any census or enumeration.

Politicians got away with it because the electorate was convinced it would go after only the rich, and they didn't think it would affect them.

Democracy is a dumpster fire. A gang rape, technically, is the basest form of democracy. It turns out everybody ends up getting ganged up on in the end.

Kairos

If, by "republic", you mean the actual definition of the word (a government that is not based on inheritance), then sure, I guess. Just because we have a public government doesn't mean the government is going to be better than an inherited government. I'd rather live in medieval England than current North Korea. Just because North Korea also has a republic doesn't make that government something good.

If by "republic" you mean representative democracy, then no. I think democracy in all it's forms (direct and representative) is nothing but a shit show.

titorite

Well I must give you kudos for knowing that we are a democratic representive republic. Not everyone understands that when they go into the debate of Democracy vrs Republic. So few get that ours is a blend of both. I gotta disagree politically though. I think the mob rule, the tyranny of the majority, Direct Democracy could function very well. Hell, direct democracy brought literacy to Libya and water to the furthest corners of their tiny nation. It was the most advanced African nation ...before we invaded. And that invasion was an imperialist invasion.

Their was no need for that invasion, no common outcry from the public to invade Libya, we didnt vote for it but, it still happened. Lead by a power hungry crazy bitch that was appointed to her position by another dude who was selected by the electoral college system. And for the record that is something you should learn more about because each state handles it differently and not every state mandates that electoral votes swing with the popular vote, hell some states even have provisions that allow them to split their electoral votes so that one state could actually cast their individual votes for opposing parties. Its a compilated antiquated system that needs updating and not just with new diebold machines.

As a large nation we obviously benefit greatly from a strong centralized government if said centralized government would follow the rule of law. It doesnt. I can assure of that on a personal level when circumstances in my life required my invoking international treaties via the US state department because local municipalities had failed to do their jobs. The unlawful wrongful retention of my son to a foreign nation enlightened me to all sorts of things. The system is only as good as the individuals running it and if it is full of foul people and career politicians who could give two shits about you , me or the law. The federal government and democratly elected representive government was a great theory and it looked good on paper back in the days of the federalist papers.... But today we have a standing army in every town who will steal all you shit and kill you for resisting if you dont pay your tax on tea. We as a nation have come full circle became the kind of empire we resisted centuries ago. Different in form same in function.

Will that lead to another revolution or another civil war?

Not in the way I think some fantasize about. We cant fight this government with satellites and nukes. The right to keep and bear arms is long and gone. We still have our freedom of speech though. I do feel that standing upon and asserting our 1st amendment right of freespeech and free press will be the form of the next revolution. Exposure of corruption. The revolution will not be televised. It is being livestreamed.

What will it correct If anything? I cant say. Time will tell on this one. Thats why I constantly tell folks to join the 1st amendment audit movement and to film everything. Cops, voting stations, election counters, the lobbyist of the house and senate , city meetings, FILM FUCKING EVERYTHING and point out shit when you think shit is foul. Maybe something will change and maybe the cops will retaliate and harm you for exposing them but it beats keep quiet and saying "yassir masser". Insisting upon government accountablity may not bring about massive government changes...but its a start.

HDRKID

A lot of people would like our time process to go in reverse. Things just keep on going even worse. Earlier this year, there was a lot of talk about if the Olympics would be postponed until next year. Well, it is like we no longer care no more. People have much bigger worries. For example, will their company survive.

dimension-1hacker

@HDRKID

chapter 3 Kuiella. post?! interesting beginning but more substance subjectively? expanding the consciousness of the main character, awareness of potentials, more visual descriptions? "expanded" in chapter 3?

person? ??9584???9585??9586

define "purity"

I want to eat as much healthy foods as I can, and perhaps the portal is generated by the mind, what about understanding the concept?

??9590????9589??9588??9587?

Last edited: