Would you choose to be a God of dumb animals?

Gnostic Christian

Would you choose to be a God of dumb animals?

Man plays God with his ants - Brilliant Video : videos (reddit.com)

Humans, to Yahweh, are quite inferior to himself. The term dumb animal might be used.

Our wisdom is more like stupidity to Yahweh, --- is just one of the many verses that show how beneath Yahweh we sit.

We are also quite obtuse, to the point where we are told that the vast majority of us will end in hell and purposeless torture. We just won’t learn.

I would not want to be a god of any dumb animal. Especially if I had to genocide them now and again. They could not see my goodness. Just as I cannot see the goodness in a genocidal god.

Why does Yahweh want to rule over such a species as humankind, --- when he created us to be so low and just worthy of just his godlike disrespect?

Sure, Yahweh says we are above angels, but god hates those for being even more stupid than humans. He even built a hell for them. He even used Noah’s flood to drown his own son’s of god.

I would not choose or desire to lead dumb animals.

Why does Yahweh want to be a leader of dumb animals?

Regards
DL

alpha centauri

@Gnostic Christian

The bible consists of different books. And they have different authors.

The flood story mentioned is borrowed from Sumer or Babylon , in my opinion. I think the stories of Enlil and Enki are the more correct stories. One person wanted to destroy the humans, the other person wanted to save them.

So the being mentioned in the story is not YHVH.

Gnostic Christian

@Gnostic Christian

The bible consists of different books. And they have different authors.

The flood story mentioned is borrowed from Sumer or Babylon , in my opinion. I think the stories of Enlil and Enki are the more correct stories. One person wanted to destroy the humans, the other person wanted to save them.

So the being mentioned in the story is not YHVH.
True, but he is the one under discussion and judgement here.

I also see the Abrahamic cults and religions as take offs from older and generally wiser religions.

Most scholars agree that the base myths were from Summer and Egypt.

At the back of the Book of the Dead, you will find what is identical to the 10 Commandments.

Regards
DL

HDRKID

Here is one verse.

Isaiah 55:8-9 "For My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways,” declares the LORD. “For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so My ways are higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts."

A god will see you the way you see a little child that has little experience. They feel we are silly or naive.

Let me explain.

TAKEN FROM Which Greek goddess turned Arachne into a spider?

Arachne, (Greek: “Spider”) in Greek mythology, the daughter of Idmon of Colophon in Lydia, a dyer in purple. Arachne was a weaver who acquired such skill in her art that she ventured to challenge Athena, goddess of war, handicraft, and practical reason.

Also, what is the story of Athena and Arachne? Arachne was a girl who lived in Greece a long time ago. Arachne began telling people she was better at spinning and weaving than the goddess Athena was. Athena was also known as a good spinner and weaver. Athena was mad that Arachne would say that, and she challenged Arachne to a weaving contest.

Accordingly, what did Athena do to Arachne at the end of the story?

Arachne ended up as a spider. It is because Athena got enraged with Arachne's proclamations that she is the best weaver of all (even gods) and cursed her to become a spider. Athena made her into a spider after beating her in a weaving contest. thus making her the first spider ever.

The story was written by humans of course. A real goddess would be about as challenged by a mortal as you feel challenged by a new born baby that is always crying or pooping.

Frankly, the thoughts of beings that create entire universes... those to a human would make little or no sense.

Gnostic Christian

Frankly, the thoughts of beings that create entire universes... those to a human would make little or no sense.

No decent counter argument on this.

It would only if one could see ones self as a part of a fractal universe.

Gnostics Christians used the iconography universes of turtles over turtles into infinity. Gods above gods.

Foolishness to think that that is reality.

Then again, a god would have a lot of time to create nothing much but more dumb stuff.

In human terms, it would be like you and I communicating here just to make others dumb.

That does not sound like a good waste of time.

Regards
DL