Yes, I guess a post CAN get you a visit

Snow

So . . .

This is not really about someone selling a vote on EBAY as a prank.

Yesterday I was a little upset by the three horse posse' suspecting our new friend Zeo of being a government agent or, at the very least, having a rather paranoid concern that answering questions like Zeo posed as making you a possible target for investigation or get you on some red/blue list.

Today, I see this article that puts me and you and everyone on notice. A single post can lead to knock on your door. The first thing I considered was that EBAY themselves alerted authorities in the proper county to the name and address of the prankster. That is very likely since EBAY does have your billing and shipping address on file. My second thought was, what if someone else made an issue of it and asked EBAY for the info. What behind the scenes machinations lead from that post to the posters door? This information is not in the article. Very convenient. That would have been the most interesting aspect to me . . .

http://www.local6.com/news/3834797/detail.html

Man Accused Of Trying To Sell Vote
Misdemeanor Charge Carries Jail, Fine

POSTED: 7:39 am EDT October 20, 2004
UPDATED: 12:31 pm EDT October 20, 2004

ODESSA, Mo. -- A 24-year-old man is facing accusations that he tried to sell his vote to the highest bidder on eBay.

\"All of a sudden, the deputy sheriff shows up at the front door. I almost fell through the floor,\" said William Hubbard, the man's father.

Hubbard told KMBC-TV in Kansas City, Mo., that he had no idea what his son was using the family computer for.

But according to the Lafayette County Prosecutor's Office, Tim Hubbard placed an ad on eBay offering to sell his vote for either President George W. Bush or Sen. John Kerry to the highest bidder.

\"I think the minimum bid was $25. Our right to vote was bought by the blood of our veterans and it's priceless,\" prosecutor Page Bellamy said.

Tim Hubbard said the bid for his vote was just a joke -- \"stupid stuff.\" He said he did not know it was illegal or a big deal.

\"I bristled. All of us have family, men who fought in Iraq and other wars over this kind of thing. The idea of diluting somebody's right to vote is ridiculous,\" Bellamy said.

Tim Hubbard is facing a misdemeanor charge that carries a maximum penalty of up to a year in jail and fine of up to $2,500.

Previous Stories:
October 19, 2004: Man Charged For Registering Mary Poppins, Dick Tracy To Vote
October 18, 2004: Early Voting Begins In Texas, Florida

Copyright 2004 by Internet Broadcasting Systems and Local6.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

I still don't like how we treat new members and "believers" with suspicion and sometimes outright disdain . . . you can be right and still be kind!

Anyway, that is my 'heads up' for today . . . from the enter key on your computer right to your door! Consider your words . . .

From the edge or maybe a little beyond . . .

Snow Fire Watches

StarLord

Three Horse Posse,, isn't that quaint. :lol: Some people just call them as they see them. Seems to me I remember something about free speech as one of the foundations to this magnificint country of ours. AND seems to me that some folks are very long winded when they get wound up. You dont see us complaining about that do you? :D Just because we have an opinion sure don't make us right now does it???

The_Ruffneck

I have to side with the law on this one , the guys vote probably won't count due to the dodgy electronic system but buying someone's vote just ain't funny it's serious business!

Judge Bean

I guess that makes me Sheriff Paul, your cowboy pal. Tell you what, hoss, I am a mite riled but just as I aint got no one of them Senses of Humor things dont mean I got to quit offn the posse, dang.

Judge Bean

Originally posted by The_Ruffneck@Oct 21 2004, 03:20 PM
I have to side with the law on this one , the guys vote probably won't count due to the dodgy electronic system but buying someone's vote just ain't funny it's serious business!

You bet your drunk horse it is! Werent I just saying that? Why, we let one tinhorn do this, wont be long we got us a govment full to busting of graft and fer-sale Congressmen and suchlike.

StarLord

Say Sherrif!!! Kin I gets me one oh them thar Badges Too? An you don'ts mind Iffin I mosey on in to the saloon while we waits to see if the weathers gonna at up do ya?

Say! that reminds me Of the time we watched that movin pictures with colors an the cute little Star Fish ridin that shrimp, part of the posse and such, an he was a carrin on a whoopin an a hollerin an a singin......thems were the days, Good Ol Beanie & Cecil.... you spose he made it to Govnor by now?

Cornelia

If both of you don't stop to use uncomprehensible languages, I'll flood the board with looong italian posts! You will see! :angry:

( :lol: )

StarLord

Hey Sheriff!! wasn't that the beutyful senorita from Italy?? She's gonna serenade us in her own fancy language.........Bartender!!! Drinks over here, show's a comin!!