Ask a Time Traveler anything

themanwithn0name

My name is Rashi and I am a time traveler. (no really)

So I am going to get the most basic question out of the way

From Wikipedia

In physics, physical information refers generally to the information that is contained in a physical system. Its usage in quantum mechanics (i.e. quantum information) is important, for example in the concept of quantum entanglement to describe effectively direct or causal relationships between apparently distinct or spatially separated particles.
Information itself may be loosely defined as "that which can distinguish one thing from another"

You might have remembered a little show called Quantum Leap. Well the mechanics work like this. Sending a whole human body through time requires a lot of energy and some stuff that's not practical at a scale of efficiency. And it also involves a process of breaking holes into time space (which is bad).

What requires substantially less energy: Is taking the actual information contained in one brain and putting it into another brain and removing it by networking the two brains together using quantum entanglement.

This is how time travel tourism works

You may proceed to ask your questions

Peregrini

I liked Quantum Leap too. I even bought the series on DVD. The recent movie Source Code was pretty good also.

themanwithn0name

Its a good show... sadly we are in a dull period of United States Culture (by the norms of my day) all the reality shows. Thankfully in another 8 years that will finally be over

Himalayan Hermit

My name is Rashi and I am a time traveler. (no really)

So I am going to get the most basic question out of the way

From Wikipedia

You might have remembered a little show called Quantum Leap. Well the mechanics work like this. Sending a whole human body through time requires a lot of energy and some stuff that's not practical at a scale of efficiency. And it also involves a process of breaking holes into time space (which is bad).

What requires substantially less energy: Is taking the actual information contained in one brain and putting it into another brain and removing it by networking the two brains together using quantum entanglement.

This is how time travel tourism works

You may proceed to ask your questions
What year are you from and what is the name of the country where you reside?
Are you from our future or a parallel time-line?
How did you escape the 'Great Disaster of 2021' (if you're from beyond 2020)?

themanwithn0name

What year are you from and what is the name of the country where you reside?
Countries are less relevant since we started to establish Lagrange settlements and Lunar Colonies. We also have started rudimentary Martian Settlement . Though your basically living in domes and in underground buildings. Its more what I would call a trillion dollar camp ground
Are you from our future or a parallel time-line?
Well that's the problem with Quantum Physics.... Cat being dead and alive and not dead nor alive. I will say everything prior to 2011 (as near as I can tell) is the same. History of the 21st Century was never my favorite. And the early 21st century is really boring.
How did you escape the 'Great Disaster of 2021' (if you're from beyond 2020)?
You know there were a bunch of people who woke up in 19th century America and thought the world was going to end. They woke up and it didn't.

And then you get weird religious groups like the Jehovah's witness. Its a shame that when the "2012" and "2021" crisis don't pan out you don't get anything interesting out of it. It takes a while for the rebuilding of community to happen back to the level we had in the 19th century. That doesn't start happening until the 2040s.

Their are some crisis going on but your already in the start of them: The global financial crisis , the global demographics crisis....and so on.....

those really don't start getting better until the 2030s but I don't call that a GREAT DISASTER.

Global Warming is going to be a let down

... Pretty much anything you are worried about as the end of the world right now... its going to be very disappointing

Himalayan Hermit

You know there were a bunch of people who woke up in 19th century America and thought the world was going to end. They woke up and it didn't.

And then you get weird religious groups like the Jehovah's witness. Its a shame that when the "2012" and "2021" crisis don't pan out you don't get anything interesting out of it. It takes a while for the rebuilding of community to happen back to the level we had in the 19th century. That doesn't start happening until the 2040s.

Their are some crisis going on but your already in the start of them: The global financial crisis , the global demographics crisis....and so on.....

those really don't start getting better until the 2030s but I don't call that a GREAT DISASTER.

Global Warming is going to be a let down

... Pretty much anything you are worried about as the end of the world right now... its going to be very disappointing

This answer alone was able to convince me and prove me correct about your claims.
Thanks for playing and goodluck on your journey.

themanwithn0name

This answer alone was able to convince me and prove me correct about your claims.
Thanks for playing and goodluck on your journey.

Well I am glad to prove something to you. The problem in these forums is people preach DOOM all the time.

The problem is when you look back at the DOOMs of the past from the perspective of the present.... it really doesn't have all that much doom to it

themanwithn0name

Your kind of boring.....
But isn't that what life is really like in a nutshell? Boring?

So why would you presuppose the future would be different?

Sure there are bursts that are really interesting but the aggregate of human experience is rather dull

:p and you've not asked any interesting questions

themanwithn0name

So to tell you a bit more about myself: I am a Social Scientist. My focus is largely on archaic forms of political and social order and what they tell us about our political and social orders today.

I live and work at the University of Luna (which is part of how I get access to time travel)