Ask a Time Traveler anything

Himalayan Hermit

Well that's a whole debate of metaphysics. But why can't you put one human spirit into another human body?
If spirit being referred here is soul as we know it, then it is possible. 1000s yrs old Yogic techniques have been around forever where a person can cast off one body and enter another (lifeless) body. You don't have to believe in it, of course :)

themanwithn0name

If spirit being referred here is soul as we know it, then it is possible. 1000s yrs old Yogic techniques have been around forever where a person can cast off one body and enter another (lifeless) body. You don't have to believe in it, of course :)

Indeed :)

and then we have to get into the nature of the soul as the greeks understood it vs how other cultures viewed it

themanwithn0name

Well that would be different. Are you talking about a "possession"?
If you are then what happens to the original spirit?

That again gets into a issue of metaphysics but it works like this

You can download and upload set energy into the brain meats

So the person whose body I am using is enjoying life on the moon. And when we send him back we will leave his experiences on the moon back in the future

themanwithn0name

So let me get into the basics of why I am here

So you have a lot of problems (you know what they are, so I won't bother going into much detail about what they are.) the 2010s and 2020s are rather poor decades in the annals of human history (like the 20s and 30s in the past for you).

As necessary reforms are forced on to the human polity by these changing realities we begin to get serious on refocusing on what government should and should not be doing.

We begin to abandon a lot of the foundational principles that went into forming governments in the mid to late 19th century/early 20th century.

Power in government is constituted at the level where it has A) the most impact , B) where the problem actually occurs, and C) Where it can be held most accountable by the larger polity.

So what I said about nations not being particularly relevant its because problems that are resolved at a national level really don't matter as much now that we have formed "human level" governance. Its how we settled the moon and started the terraform and colonization of mars. And the time for their to be "Moon level" issues is exceedingly rare

But the problems your having now are entirely based on the foundational ideas your governments work on. Ironically the governments that came into power at the dawn of the enlightenment all tried to be constituted in a way that's similar to what we have in my time.

But more importantly in my time we also realize some problems are impossible to be solved by governments. And when governments try they create newer and newer problems. And eventually those problems lead to the governments becoming the zombies they largely are in your time

And so I am here to observe how y'all deal with it

PamelaM

That again gets into a issue of metaphysics but it works like this

You can download and upload set energy into the brain meats

So the person whose body I am using is enjoying life on the moon. And when we send him back we will leave his experiences on the moon back in the future
Ok , so you are saying you possess his body and he gets put into your body in
The past. Let's get more detailed. How do you get connected to the past . How
Do you force this person out of his body?
He is going to be very confused waking up in a body that is not his.
Also let's get complicated. What happens when your spirit in this borrowed
Body runs into you in the past with the same spirit?
Do you get affected by his allergies or anything else he may have?
What if his brain structure is not the same as yours and you have trouble
Filtering some information through it?
I expect all questions answered and no skipping of questions please.

PamelaM

Is a person able to fight you or refused to be switched?

Has there ever been an incident where one of you encountered
Demons or angels when they tried to enter a body?

Are there some people where it is impossible to switch
them and why?

What would be the moral issues in sleeping with a married man's wife
With the body you are in?

How is a body selected to be inhabited do certain criteria have to be met?

Why not just inhabit all the leaders in the world and change the world this way?

Is there a time limit to how long you can be in another body?

themanwithn0name

The past. Let's get more detailed. How do you get connected to the past . How

Ok lets unpack

The past.
Their "essence" (for lack of a better word) goes into my present (which is their future) and my essence goes into their present
How do you get connected to the past . How
What we do is create a quantum entanglement between the electrons in the person in the pasts mind and a quantum entanglement with my mind and the electrons in it. Then we use some of the properties of quantum entanglement to exchange the particles. There are microwormholes and quantum foam that you can exchange energy with. This is vastly easier then trying to do this with matter. We at about a k1.2-1.4 in our use of energy so anything to send actual matter back would be insanely prohibitive
We have staff to take care of the confusion. The staff does also take advantage to begin to get a lot of first person perspective from some one who was in medias res. While people from our time can observe events we observe it in medias res from our own culture, history, and experience.

Also: the technology was only pioneered when I was in High School (circa 2115) so that's largely not a problem

Yes: Allergies are largely an aspect of biochemistry
As for Brain structure: we pick candidates based of of genetics (which helps) and we do our best to check for brain abnormalities before we do switches. 99.9 times out of 100 thats not a problem.... but yes .1 times out of 100 we do occasional run into problems.
As for filtering information: We pick people who are technical in mind for people whose observations are required to be technical. That way the brains would be capable of the technical work

themanwithn0name

them and why?

Why not just inhabit all the leaders in the world and change the world this way?

Is there a time limit to how long you can be in another body?​
Now to the second questions

No. But we also make an effort to pick people who can handle being shoved over 100 years into the future (we rarely go back more recently then that). The person we pick usually has a high degree of genetic similarity with kinship being preferred. That improves the chances of it working

What do you classify as an Angel or a Demon... cause your answer is really dependent on that

them and why?

We target people with genetic similarities due to a higher probability of similar brain structure. Certain brain structural differences and anomalies can make it harder to establish a transfer . That leads to butchery of brain electrons.

For most people (myself included) yes. Its also creepy with the whole genetic kinship thing

why would we want to do something silly like that?

I think in this (and the other post) I established that

Is there a time limit to how long you can be in another body?

It becomes problematic doing the transfer if your in the body for more then a year