Chris

Doc Brown

Chris

Witchcraft? Chris, do you mean "evil" witchcraft, such as black magic, things like that? Or do you mean something "spiritual"?

I suppose it's possible. I must admit, I don't know much about it.

I'm just curious to know - what are the things you miss most about 1993 (apart from friends and family) and if you were to return, what would you miss most about 2004?

Chris

Chris

Not necessarily evil witchcraft. From what I understand, if you use evil then karma hits you 3-fold. But like I said, the only way I've found to time travel using this method is out of body experiences.

Hmmm... the thing I miss most. I suppose it would have to be my life in general back then. It was all set up for me, perfect for the future. Ironically the future came far too quick and now I have to create a whole new identity, a new life in total. I have to change myself completely, I miss my old self. From 2004 I would miss the technology that has become available to the world, which is why I'm incredibly tempted to carry a backpack around with a laptop in it, and anything I want from the future would be on it. I'm going to have lots of fun talking to all of you in another reality, it should be very... interesting :p.

I've decided that I will go back eventually, since the accident must happen in 1995 at some point. I have made up a timeline of what has and will happen:

June 1993 - Disappeared, newspaper report.
March 2004 - Arrived here, met future self (evidence of going back eventually?)
???04/05 - Go back to 1993 AFTER June 8th, when the report was written in the paper
1995 - Accident happens.
To present - I grow up, meet my past self, etc

There was never a follow up article, so I get the impression that I return fairly soon after June 2nd. Maybe a week, or a couple of weeks.

When I do return to my time (and most likely my reality) this should all still be here, and my future self (I HOPE) will answer questions about what has happened. If he doesn't then theres not much I can do about it, seeing I'm not going to be him.

KiraSjon

Chris

Originally posted by Chris@Oct 18 2004, 04:49 PM
Not necessarily evil witchcraft. From what I understand, if you use evil then karma hits you 3-fold. But like I said, the only way I've found to time travel using this method is out of body experiences.

Hey hun! Just want to clarify that karma thing. Karma is what we call a neutral force because there is no evil karma or good karma. Karma fluxuates on both sides. It is both. You can interpret bad things happening as evil karma, but karma is supposed to bring back what you put out, so even good actions/intentions will bring about positive karma. So that would make the source evil, not the karma itself. As for it coming threefold - that is superstition. Karma will circulate as it does regardless of what "rule" we want it to follow. I've seen karma serve nothing close to threefold and then turn around and serve tenfold. It really all depends...another superstition, but they say it depends on what is truly in your heart. Usually karma circulates intentions plus actions. But like I said, that part is unpredictable. The only thing that *is* predictable, is that you can always expect something in return for what you send out into the universe.

I wish there was a way to send you back to your own time (although selfishly, I think we all enjoy you being here!), but there is no record yet of any magick moving objects or people through space and time. Good luck dear. >:D<

Chris

Chris

Thanks for clearing that up :) Hopefully whatever brought me here in the first place, by accident or purpose, will send me back where I belong. Seeing that accident in the future has made me realise that even if I wanted to avoid it, I don't belong here. Perhaps if I do go back I can avoid it from ever happening anyway.

Doc Brown

Chris

Hey there, Chris. I just thought I'd mention something weird that happened to me on Sunday.

I was alone in the house - my Mum and sister had gone out together and my Dad had gone on a bike ride. I happened to be listening to some music, and I was standing by the windows. Glancing out, I could have sworn I saw my Dad riding down the street on his bike. I only looked for a brief second, however, but I was sure I saw him.

I turned the music off and waited for him to come in. A minute or so passed and nothing happened. I went outside to see if he was there, and he wasn't, so I went back inside and about three or four minutes later, I saw him ride down on his bike and this time he actually returned to the house.

I just thought I'd mention it because it was pretty weird. Do you think I just imagined seeing my Dad the first time, or is it possible I glimpsed the future? I'll mention it elsewhere on the board as well, but I thought you might be interested, considering what's happened to you.

Chris

Chris

I have no idea what you saw :D'oh: Seems sort of odd though, whatever it was.

"Maybe its a temporal junction point for the entire space time continuum!... Then again it could be an amazing coincidence" :p Sorry to quote you Doc but I had to.

Doc Brown

Chris

Don't mind in the slighest, Chris. Since the actor who played Doc Brown shares your name (Christopher Lloyd - Chris) then his words are almost yours anyway.

I know you were a Back to the Future fan before your little trip. Did you actually believe time travel existed before you came here, or did you just think it was an interesting theory, but nothing more?

Chris

Chris

From the little I knew back in 1993 about time travel, I figured that it was well and truly science fiction stuff. Then again I had always thought it would have to be some big machine or a stainless steel car that would be used for time travel, not just appearing here,

brn

Chris

I just got down reading the discussion and most of me doesn't believe your story but a small part does and the the part I'm choosing to believe. But if you didn't "time-travel" heres my theory, you went to sleep, you were kidnapped and was put in a coma. That wouldn't explain the other "you", though. Hey! I know! Why don't you get a cheap fingerprint password thingy for your computer and program the other you's fingerprint into it. Have him test it and then you try and if it lets you in then you're most likely the same person. Post your results here. Then we can go from there. Happy Halloween!
~BRN

Chris

Chris

Going into a coma also wouldn't explain how I didn't age 11 years, unless this is the biggest practical joke ever...

They actually have fingerprint scanners? Wow... I hadn't even realised! I'll try looking for one, but I don't know how cheap they are here. Those in 1993 would've been absolutely priceless even if they existed at all. The only reason I knew they existed in the first place was from so many movies... didn't know it would become reality so soon.