Halloween Asteroid TB145 to Pass Very Close to Earth — Doomsday or Another Close Shave?

Poison Pen

The latest scare comes next week when they put maximum power into the large hadron collider..the amount of power thats going to be in those 2 beams that are thinner than a human hair, is almost beyond belief :eek:

The idiot scientists firmly believe that they can create a small (controllable) black hole or reveal another universe, when the beams have collided with each other..I can imagine the statement being repeated by the scientists at CERN, that originated from Commander Robert Lewis, when he saw the explosion from the first atomic bomb that landed on Hiroshima...Oh my god what have we done?? :eek:

Be that as it may the LHC is not a dooms day device and has not done anything the universe has not done already.

Derrick C.

It may help for us to see who is behind all the doom and gloom reports.
Once they are exposed we then can see if it is the same group of people.

Who is behind them? Well just scour the inter webs. You have religious fanatics, conspiracy theorists and doomsayers posting this stuff all the time. One headline of an asteroid or comet heading this way and its "Dooms Day!" These people need to go to the source instead of being self centered attention grabbing morons who have nothing better to do than to incite fear. Cosmophobic nut jobs.

A Brief History of the Apocalypse

Killer Asteroids - Impact:
If they keep crying wolf and people become numb to the fear factor, then what may happen if the report is true one day and just see people going about their business while the real event hits them?
This is another reason why I despise the despicable people that play games on forums.

like poison pen lol

TnWatchdog

I heard on the news today that this asteroid was just discovered a few days ago. It will be hard to determine when we might actually get hit so I plan to keep my hard hat on at all times!
1-Piece-yellow-black-blue-red-Beer-Can-Holder-Helmet-drinking-Fun-party-supplies.jpg

Poison Pen

They actually say that 2015 TB145 was going to hit earth it would be hundred years from now and since I am typing this I guess it missed....Sorry doomsayers maybe next time......

TimeFlipper

The latest scare comes next week when they put maximum power into the large hadron collider..the amount of power thats going to be in those 2 beams that are thinner than a human hair, is almost beyond belief :eek:

The idiot scientists firmly believe that they can create a small (controllable) black hole or reveal another universe, when the beams have collided with each other..I can imagine the statement being repeated by the scientists at CERN, that originated from Commander Robert Lewis, when he saw the explosion from the first atomic bomb that landed on Hiroshima...Oh my god what have we done?? :eek:

Be that as it may the LHC is not a dooms day device and has not done anything the universe has not done already.
Pen, i believe that the universe can look after itself..Iam just a bit concerned about what the LHC might do on our "earth"...
The scientists at CERN have managed to uncover the Higgs Boson, which started out life as only a theory a few years ago, but now we are looking at those scientists who are now trying to create either a black hole or reveal another universe, both of which have been theorised for several years...

The problem here is if the theories regarding black holes are correct and the scientists do actually create one, they could have some problems controlling it because black holes according to theory will gobble up all matter thats near to it...
This is just the concern of a silly old man, not a doomsday merchant Pen :)

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
In case you didn't know, theories are make believe. Black Holes are still fiction and can't possibly exist. It's all just diversionary science to keep us from learning the truth.

TimeFlipper

The Higgs Boson was a theory to start off with...However your posting is in line with your general thinking, that everything science or who ever says is just make belief, and everything that you post has to be the "truth" ::LOL:: i wont bother looking into diversionary science..its all make belief ;):D

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
All I ask is that if you can verify it yourself, you can safely believe it. Can you verify the Higgs Boson exists?

Poison Pen

Pen, i believe that the universe can look after itself..Iam just a bit concerned about what the LHC might do on our "earth"...
The scientists at CERN have managed to uncover the Higgs Boson, which started out life as only a theory a few years ago, but now we are looking at those scientists who are now trying to create either a black hole or reveal another universe, both of which have been theorised for several years...

The problem here is if the theories regarding black holes are correct and the scientists do actually create one, they could have some problems controlling it because black holes according to theory will gobble up all matter thats near to it...
This is just the concern of a silly old man, not a doomsday merchant Pen :)

This is just the concern of a silly old man, not a doomsday merchant Pen

Do not underestimate yourself TF and your not silly and I never took you for a doomsday merchant you don't strike me as the type.

As Einstein said they are just theories.

Microscopic black holes
People in general, and LHC-opponents in particular, seem to confuse these hypothetical microscopic black holes with the astronomical equivalent. That, however, is not in any way a valid comparison. The first flaw is that astronomical black holes are almost ridiculously massive while microscopic black holes are miniscule, and close to non-existent (I'll get back to that in a while). The second flaw with this comparison is the difference in how they accrete matter. Astronomical black holes accrete matter at an extreme rate and devour almost anything in their vicinity while microscopic black holes both (a) are far too small to accrete any matter whatsoever and (b) exist for far too short a time to be able to accrete any matter.

Large Hadron Collider - Cosmophobia

The above is from one of my favorite sites on this stuff. The blue highlighting is my doing. The fear of LHC creating black holes to swallow us is a fear monger tactic. Its a 2012 scare tactic. Don't sweat it.

Last edited: