Hello 2004, I am from 2035

Phoenix

Knights,even though rule four in regards to time travelers is up for debate. It is still active and live on this board.

This statement right here

I sense the temperature has got colder on this zoid although am unsure why.
means it is not being enforced.

Please get to work in your moderation knights.

Anoah

Guys let's not lose this guy just yet. There is no need to scare him away.

Madice and Lev, I see that you think Roman is Edge. Maybe you are right. Unless you have absolute proof that you can present I absolutely do not want you taunting Roman about it on this thread. If this is Edge hoaxing because he has a chip on his shoulder he will cave in eventually. Personally I do not think he has a cool enough head to pull this off. In the meantime we should keep our eyes and ears open but I do not want to see anyone leveling accusations at Roman unless they are 120% sure of what they are saying. You all still seem to be working off of a hunch. Not good enough. :)

Jimbomonkeypie

If it was Edge I'm sure Phoenix would have picked up on the fact that their IP addresses are the same.

I've only just started to read this thread, I've been quite busy the last few days and havent been able to spend any time here. I've only gotten as far as page 10, but I thought I'd better post this first.

Please dont be hostile to Roman. From what I've read so far (feel free to contradict me here though, as i'm yet to finish it all), his story seems pretty legit to me. To an extent.

Lev - Ok. We get it. Roman's story is alot like John Titor's. There are much better ways to get your point accross than through sarcasm which, i find, is belittling Roman. I realise that you're trying to debunk him, but the aggressive attitude that you (and many others...sorry to single you out) are adopting seems to be scaring him off a little.

Sure, I think its fine if you are able to discredit any information that he gives, but responding in a manner similar to "No. You're wrong. ###### off" is just not cool.

To everyone:
Lighten up a bit. Don't be so hostile. If he's lying, how does it really affect you? Sure, you might have used up a bit of time debunking him. Its annoying. But other than that, i cant see any reason why you would be aggressive towards Roman. Lighten up, or you'll get a little orange square next to your name :p

[/power trip] :D

MadIce

Originally posted by MadIce@Jun 20 2004, 02:38 AM
On the 18th (a few days ago) I had a visitor at the #TimeTravelTheory on DALnet. That visitor was called RomanTT. A minute later (so my logs tell me - it may have been sooner) RomanTT joins TimeTravellersInn. Within a minute RomanTT leaves without a word. RomanTT was using an AOL hostmask.

Why do I mention this? First of all the 18th was the day Roman registered on this message board. Time Traveller Roman here and the nick RomanTT need no explanation for an obvious connection. AOL always triggers an alert, because it has been abused many times. Most noteworthy by Edge25. Edge often tries to see if he is still banned or not by visiting these channels.

This time he used a slightly different hostmask, so that is how he was able to enter these channels. Maybe confused or maybe he didn't want to stay he left after finding out.

Why do I think RomanTT is Edge25? If you are unfamiliar with this time then it is strange to say the least that he finds these two channels in notime. Also, Jovial_Kitten already noted that she was surprised someone found this board that soon after its introduction. If one is a TTer you can argue that this board is known in the future and therefore you found it. Same goes for the IRC channels. Obviously I don't have that opinion. Therefore I think it is someone from the community. He knew where to find us.

I think it is Edge25's way of payback time.
My initial post on the forum is the most clear. In terms of proof that is absolutely nothing other than typical Edge25 behaviour. If it turns out that his IP traces back to an AOL account then it confirms that. Again it won't be any proof. He may use another account at work or at school and his AOL account at home.

Edge25 was from the UK and Roman too. I didn't mention this before.

When woke up, I had another thought. The time RomanTT visited IRC may be very important: 06/18/2004 at 23:07 (GMT+1). The first post of Roman on your forum was at 17:08 (GMT+1) of the same day. Which could mean that an imposter was visiting IRC after seeing Roman posted (remember Roman denies visiting DALnet).

In short....
Theory #1: Edge25 and Roman are one and the same (using the RomanTT nick on IRC)
Theory #2: Edge25 read Roman's post (and he visited IRC as RomanTT).
Theory #3: Roman did visit IRC and is not Edge25
Theory #4: RomanTT is not related to Roman and Edge25.

The #3 theory assumes Roman lies about the fact that he visited DALnet.

There are two many coincidences to assume theory #4. However, it is a possibility. In that case I should apologize.

Fact is that I have this RomanTT guy who visited IRC and fits the Edge25 description and behaviour.

A note to Roman:

This is the game you play if you post in public. You cannot expect people to believe anything you say. Look at it this way... The chances of a time traveller visiting our time (consider the age of the universe) and finding this message board and DALnet are very slim. Ask yourself what a real time traveller has to gain by visiting a message board at all.

R

Roman

Originally posted by Timescholar@Jun 19 2004, 07:19 PM
One final question for the night. Who will be the next pope? What is his name, and when will he become pope?
The Pope in 2035 is called Claudio I believe. Sorry, I do not know much about catholicism.

R

Roman

MadIce - having read over and (I think understood) your posts I came to conlusion number 2.

This Edge25 may have read my posts and then pretened to be me on this chat room. That is the only explanation I can think of.

Also, I have answered many times how I came to post on this board and my reasons for doing so.

R

Roman

Originally posted by lev+Jun 19 2004, 07:30 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (lev @ Jun 19 2004, 07:30 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-PyRo99@Jun 20 2004, 01:15 AM
Where are his pictures of his Time Travel machine located at? ;)
::.. I'm speaking about Boomer's pics :: See how his model number is not even close to Boomer's c204 and c206 but everything else is identical ..::.. I get the impression that Roman is relying on the "Divergence factor" as he parallels Boomer :: Minor changes as he goes along :: The guy gets all these links regarding Time Travel sites from the future minus johntitor.com? ..::.. What gives :: Further more, why send someone that is clueless about his Time Travel device back 30+ years? :: Who will repair it if something were to happen to it? ..::..

::.. EDIT :: Just realized that this is the UK's version thus the UK model number :: [/b][/quote]
I had no idea the American's were working on Time Travel. We do not work together, as far as I am aware. The reason I was sent back was because they were uncertain as to whether this experiment would work. If it didn't, would they rather lose a top scientist or a farmer?