How Titor Attracts Bad People

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Well I hate online predators too. But this isn't a cheap chatroom, it's a website about time travel and other things.

Considering the fact that I've been here for 1.5 years or so, I know the rules and I know that I am allowed to post whatever I want to within those rules. I do not need your permission to post.

@Num7 My post isn't out of line, is it?

Sanyam Deshi

I agree, Paula. The fact that people go through their lives with the intention to put themselves higher by putting others down, or to just plain bully someone for their own enjoyment is something that boggles the mind. The thing is, I think most of the people who are perceived as bullies don't actually want to be bullies and they don't view themselves as bullies. That's the problem that I see with many of these people in question: they either lack the ability to empathize with others, or they just don't put in any effort to attempt to be empathetic. As this is a message board, disagreement is something that creates discussion points and spawns brand new ideas. The disadvantage is that disagreements often lead to offense being taken and misunderstandings. This often leads to people beating on each other continuously until it snowballs out of control, even if it was all based on one simple misunderstanding. That's the thing with forums: there's only so much tone and intention that can be expressed in text alone, so assumptions of other people's tones and intentions can easily diverge from the truth. It's easy to accuse someone of being something that they are not. So, while I am aware that the Internet contains many trolls who have the intention of hurting people, we must also at least hear each other out in a cooperative manner so we can create more productive conversations for the future. I don't blindly follow people, but I'm also willing to listen. What makes the world amazing is that it's composed of many different people of many different backgrounds and intentions who are, for the most part, able to live together productively in society. Part of what makes this work is the degree of trust we have for each other that prevents us from living out our lives in tension and hostility. That's my faith in humanity.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
So, while I am aware that the Internet contains many trolls who have the intention of hurting people, we must also at least hear each other out in a cooperative manner so we can create more productive conversations for the future. I don't blindly follow people, but I'm also willing to listen.

It's not always blindly following. They can make you thing you're close friends for well over a year. Months and months of lies and deception. How is one supposed to know until the truth finally comes out? And much of it happens in private conversations. Nobody even knows the abuse is going on.

Sanyam Deshi

So, while I am aware that the Internet contains many trolls who have the intention of hurting people, we must also at least hear each other out in a cooperative manner so we can create more productive conversations for the future. I don't blindly follow people, but I'm also willing to listen.

It's not always blindly following. They can make you thing you're close friends for well over a year. Months and months of lies and deception. How is one supposed to know until the truth finally comes out? And much of it happens in private conversations. Nobody even knows the abuse is going on.
If this has happened to you, I feel your pain. Finding out that someone has just been using you for over a year by pretending to be your friend is one of the most hurtful things that can happen to a human being. It's one of the most sickening cases of manipulation. It's only natural for someone to be sort of frustrated and distrustful toward humanity following something as messed up as this.

Regarding your question, that's hard to say. The only way you can be able to confidently trust anyone is to know them from the very core of their being. Surprisingly, with all of the advances of the Internet in the modern world, there still aren't any effective ways to find reliable friends. Most people still just become friends with who it is most convenient, like classmates or coworkers. What I seem to find is that people who are more ethical and live more moral lifestyles, they are less likely to try to do something hurtful intentionally because it contradicts with their lifestyle. If you combine that with someone who believes in the same fundamental ideas, has the same interests, and has a respectful attitude, you have the perfect friend. This kind of friend is one that most people don't find in their lifetimes, but all we can do is keep trying. I sincerely hope that your future friendships have better outcomes, Paula.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
There are red flags that can't be ignored. I'm trying to tell people to trust their initial instinct when getting to know someone online. Your first impression is most likely correct, and any red flag shouldn't be ignored at all. Not a single one.

TimeNot_0

I do not think that Titor has much to do with it at all. It is the way the Country is going and has been going. If you read a bit more about States that are bankrupt and again the Government spending too much money and actually bankrupt, not doing what they stated they were going to do, and reminding other people of people who really don't seem to have much of a brain or perhaps any brain left, you are back to these people who do not see anything except something through their rose-colored glasses and well then they will change it. Well, it may be too late then and it will have already happened. It all seems to put people on edge.

I will put it this way, I learned meditation which can be done by anyone and actually it is self-hypnosis which can be done to relieve stress, but then in my generation they think you are high, and I just read about someone who was in jail for 21 years to life for selling wacky weed or something in Ohio I think, and since it was his third time (and he was not a major type dealer just hung up on drugs I guess) and in that State, the third time was -- since I guess it was another felony of sorts, it was a life sentence without parole. Now with some states legalizing the stuff and all that is going on, the question is - why as a person who was not a major type criminal placed in jail for life when it is all changing now. It was not even that much like a half a pound or so they ever caught him with - like 8 ounces I guess whatever. I would have to find the article again, and the type of mindset with the War on Drugs that has been going on - which as done about nothing to stop any of it - that it happened anyway that these type of people get so wound up.

Now read the rest of the News to see how insane some people have gotten lately in this Country the way that it is acting with the Police, and others seemingly bent on not knowing the difference with some people and again some people are so shady that sometimes it is hard to tell.

Well, it has happened to me because I let it get to me, and still they go on with some of them and until this Country does not work on biases, prejudice, accusations when none is warranted, and people wanting act out - stayed tuned, across this world, it may turn into something bigger. Some people again can not just drop the emotional fallout they are having, and actually it could turn worse. I go into more detail but it has been done before in this Country so perhaps a bit of history reading will help on this matter, when Titor was not even around.

Kent State shootings - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

maybe a few images to go with it and of course the music of it.

List of riots - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

List of Riots especially in the '70's which can be read further I guess if anyone wants to.

Attitude of Minds in the end.

Perhaps a bit more News in the end will be read more also.

DRUDGE REPORT 2015®

Again not the only News source or opinion in the world.

titorite

Like , like , like, I can not throw down enough likes. HECK YES!!!! DO I ever know what you mean Paula. Some of us are very real people. Like you and I. We've had our disagreements and opinions but I'm sure you're real and that your real true intent is not to seek out and cause harm intentionally just for the fun of some mental game. THe Titor story has attracked quite the variety of individuals. I've been following since early 03. In that time I have witnessed every kind of nut,zealot, lair, predator, scammer, manipulator , from every side of the spectrum.

Still , I've met the most wonderful people too. Learned about things that have altered my life and the lives of others for the better. I've accomplished goals I may not of even aspired to achieve had I never heard of the Titor story, and in accomplishing those goals I set my aspirations higher with my past experiences to help me achieve.

One thing experience taught me was to stop seeking out all the bread crumb details. If anyone started calling folks about IBM project mercury before me I never heard about it or read about it yet. But it dawned on me that if I could figure it out then others would too and that means more attention from all kinds of people..people I might not want giving these folks attention. Negative attentions. So that has left me at a cross roads and I've read what others have had to say about this and that. I've nothing to hide still I believe in a right to privacy , not just for myself but for others as well. The amount privacy invasion I might invite upon those I would interact with .... it was too much for me. I dont wanna be the one responsible for bringing unwanted trouble. Eventually , I did read of others contacting the same folks I looked up, Debunker nobodies harassing senior citizens , Holloywood idealists trying to make a better story out of the story even if they had to lie about who was involved, And the crazies who need no expanding upon because their crazy.

Still , I wouldn't mind knowing what teenage JT thinks of all this and what his parents did afterwards...
That or I want hawkings and son to come forward and confess. If both of those conclusions are wrong then I am willing to learn about the truth and the fiction of the Titor story from anyones else's perspective.

As long as they aren't total A-holes about it. Like you said , it can bring out the worst... That is one of the stranger phenomena I have noticed too. LIke like like.