If you believe, please pray

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Am I possibly building up some type of radiation immunity? Is nuclear fallout completely different? I wonder...

lol

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Imagine someone randomly holding a lighter up to your skin when you least expect it....every few minutes....

I'm going to go hug my cat and my teddy bear. (Yes, I sleep with one).

Scarlet005

I'm feeling super grumpy on this new Tamoxifen medication. I may have to stay away from here for a few days until I get used it.

Wasn't sure where to post this as I couldn't follow the order of the posts and replies. My take on the situation is, you have had breast cancer, have already had the surgery (if there was one), and have already had or are in the process of having radiation and are now going to be taking aspirin and a drug called Tamoxifen?

I'm sorry to hear of your troubles, but glad to hear you are going to be okay! :)

I definitely will pray for you though.

I see you wrote that this medicine is giving you hot flashes. Is this a medication they said you will have to be on for about 5 years that will suppress
hormones?

The reason I ask is because you say it's making you grumpy.

I am wondering if this is the same medication someone is taking who has been in a bad mood for the past several years, lol.

The person also had breast cancer and radiation and takes a medication that causes hot flashes and aspirin (although that is actually after a TIA incident). I do not know the name of the medication.

On a side note, the hospital they had surgery in offered Reiki treatments to those undergoing radiation and the patients all said they found it quite helpful. If you happen to believe in Reiki and know of anywhere/anyone who could give it to you, it might be to your benefit. Even if there are any Reiki practitioners on this forum, as there is distance Reiki, where you do not even have to be present. They just send you the healing energy.

I'm glad you are feeling better and hope you continue to grow stronger each day! You have a very positive attitude and a good sense of humor. That is so important. Good luck to you.

Harte

Am I possibly building up some type of radiation immunity? Is nuclear fallout completely different? I wonder...

lol
Radiation has some side effects you could possibly enjoy:

ATTACKOFTHE50ftWOMANHS22x28in7500PB.jpg

Harte

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Wasn't sure where to post this as I couldn't follow the order of the posts and replies. My take on the situation is, you have had breast cancer, have already had the surgery (if there was one), and have already had or are in the process of having radiation and are now going to be taking aspirin and a drug called Tamoxifen?

That is correct. :)

I see you wrote that this medicine is giving you hot flashes. Is this a medication they said you will have to be on for about 5 years that will suppress hormones?

Yes, correct, but the hot flashes may not be happening, or if they are, I'm not noticing them. I don't think I'm having many side effects, fortunately.

The reason I ask is because you say it's making you grumpy.

I think it may have at first, but I'm ok now and feeling pretty "normal". It might have been an adjustment period.

I am wondering if this is the same medication someone is taking who has been in a bad mood for the past several years, lol.

It could be. Messing with hormones can affect mood.

The person also had breast cancer and radiation and takes a medication that causes hot flashes and aspirin (although that is actually after a TIA incident). I do not know the name of the medication.

Pre-menopausal usually get Tomaxfen and post menopausal get something else. I'm sure either could have the potential to change mood.

I'm glad you are feeling better and hope you continue to grow stronger each day! You have a very positive attitude and a good sense of humor. That is so important. Good luck to you.

Thank you!! I found an inner strength I didn't even know I had. There is no room for feeling sorry for oneself. Ok, when I am in pain I can complain a bit, but I make it through knowing that when I'm done, I'll be cancer free.
I'm alive. For THAT I cannot complain. :)

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Only 4 more radiation sessions left! Been suffering with 2nd degree burns BUT they stopped one area and that area is now HEAILING finally.... my first signs of healing in a while!!! I am going to request one more reconstructive surgery, but as far as the cancer is concerned, it's literally toast. :)