If you believe, please pray

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Had my surgery. Went well. I'm feeling pretty good today after I dropped vicoden and switched to tylenol. Now, just one more week until the final result, but I was already told once it was benign, so I'm not worried!!!!!!! Just a little financial set back.... and life continues... Thanks for all the prayers and thoughts. I believe they work!!!! :) I can return to favor, too. Just ask.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
BTW, I've gone about a week with no sugar until my mom served a piece of pie last night. LOL. I thought I deserved it after surgery. hehehe

Harte

I too have a weakness for pie.

I make a mean pumpkin pie from scratch (using an actual pumpkin because I'm OCD. LOL)

Harte

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
My tumor turned out to be cancerous. I won't know my options until Tuesday. I'm hoping for the best case scenario.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Sorry to hear that. :(

There's not much you can do until then, which is pretty hard to endure on a day to day basis. Being in the unknown isn't easy.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
I would get a second opinion. And I might add there are statistics out there showing most doctors would not choose chemotherapy as a treatment option. But they will offer that option to you.

TnWatchdog

I agree with what Num7 and Einstein are saying but I would have your medical providers go over their options for you, contact people you know who have faced these same options, and explore your own options before you make any decisions. In the meantime you will be in our thoughts and prayers.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
I'm going for a pet scan before I do chemo. I am going to request it. Chemo is nasty. Again, I won't know a single detail until Tuesday. I just have to wait and hope for the best. :/