Debate Is changing the past possible

iScottIt

Dr. Quantum
Singular would be my guess too. But I suppose that is natural as that is what we understand now .. It is natural to dismiss the other theory as absurd. Then in 100 years it will be the simplest of things :p

CrazyChanges

I also think that the universe consists of one singular timeline, and I believe changing events in that timeline is possible. If you were to alter your perception on how something went, it would be the same as changing that part of your life. It depends on how you perceive it. It is complicated to truly believe something went differently than it did, which is why I think astral time traveling or physical time traveling is a good idea. When you actually change the event (whether it be during astral or physical time travel), it will be much easier to believe that that's the way the event went.

iScottIt

Dr. Quantum
I also think that the universe consists of one singular timeline, and I believe changing events in that timeline is possible. If you were to alter your perception on how something went, it would be the same as changing that part of your life. It depends on how you perceive it. It is complicated to truly believe something went differently than it did, which is why I think astral time traveling or physical time traveling is a good idea. When you actually change the event (whether it be during astral or physical time travel), it will be much easier to believe that that's the way the event went.

Its is a funny one isn't it, if you change something, your thoughts change, your memories change - so would you ever actually remember why you went there ? So maybe CC is right, we can time travel. we just don't know it :s

Angelhoney

The problem is, I have damage that is sitting in the middle of my face. I can't just imagine that it went differently. It's difficult when they very thing you are trying to change is damage to a part of your body. I need to change the past. :(

CrazyChanges

The problem is, I have damage that is sitting in the middle of my face. I can't just imagine that it went differently. It's difficult when they very thing you are trying to change is damage to a part of your body. I need to change the past. :(

I agree. Imagining it went differently is not as easy when it's an injury. What I was trying to say is believing in an altered version of a life event is ultimately the same thing as actually changing it by time traveling. The two things can even work hand-in-hand. When you time travel and change something, you don't know if you changed it for sure but you would probably believe it because you saw it in front of your own eyes.

iScottIt

Dr. Quantum
my mind is starting to consume itself trying to bend it around this subject.

Assuming there is only 1 timeline (this one) then when you alter yourself in the past, your current physical appearance would change instantly. This image of change would surely burn into your mind as a memory/dream/de ja vu - something. So to clear it up. Nah I cant even try . . anyone got a copy of 'dummies guide to time travel'

Let me google that for you

CrazyChanges

Its is a funny one isn't it, if you change something, your thoughts change, your memories change - so would you ever actually remember why you went there ? So maybe CC is right, we can time travel. we just don't know it :s

Whether we'd remember time traveling after doing it is something I always wondered too. I imagine we would, because there wouldn't necessarily be anything to erase that memory.