Debate Is changing the past possible

iScottIt

Dr. Quantum
Its is a funny one isn't it, if you change something, your thoughts change, your memories change - so would you ever actually remember why you went there ? So maybe CC is right, we can time travel. we just don't know it :s

Whether we'd remember time traveling after doing it is something I always wondered too. I imagine we would, because there wouldn't necessarily be anything to erase that memory.

I . . . .i . . .i Just dont know tbh - no matter how I think it through, I cant decide for sure . .

Sure is a thought provoking subject though (y) @angel honey

CrazyChanges

For some reason, I envisioned having a clear memory of time travel experiences even after changing the past. Since changing events on the timeline would be a time-consuming activity you'd have to concentrate and work hard on, it would make sense to remember it clearly. Plus I think you'd be so happy about changing the past successfully, it would be quite difficult to forget it.

iScottIt

Dr. Quantum
Yeah the thought process I go through is.

Your current (time altering self) would remember it from any point further on than the moment you stepped back. Until that time you are blissfully unaware?

Or do you have to remember because your past self, just watched your current self change something - but would you recognise your older self . . man o man - this is why I posted frazzled in my profile lol

CrazyChanges

It would really depend on the situation, to be completely honest. Let's say, you relive a day of your life to avoid someone you do not want to pursue a relationship with. In that case, I feel the person who was being avoided could be forgotten or could be remembered as someone in a bad dream. In Angelhoney's case, I imagine the time travel experience or life before it being clear memories unless you try to block them out. How much you care about whatever you're changing would greatly impact it as well.

TimeFlipper

I think its worth it to actually try and tme travel becore coming up with answers. For all we know it is highly likely that there is only one timeline. That's what I believe.
I think Angel was only asking for our opinions, although i do recall trying out the method of time-travel from that great movie Somewhere In Time..I really liked Jane Seymour at the time :D

(y)51TGY7MNSQL._SY445_.jpg :cool:

Martian

I think its worth it to actually try and tme travel becore coming up with answers. For all we know it is highly likely that there is only one timeline. That's what I believe.
I think Angel was only asking for our opinions, although i do recall trying out the method of time-travel from that great movie Somewhere In Time..I really liked Jane Seymour at the time :D

(y)View attachment 4020 :cool:
I can totally picture you in that hat and dress. :D jk

duntpasstome

I think false hope is different to wanting something to be true. TT I believe can't happen and won't happen and different timelines is the way for people who want to believe as the reason it can't be proven. Any way this TT forum is fantastic reading with brilliant intelligent people on it, who believe or want TT to be true and as such thanks to them we will keep on reading exciting theories and ideas just let's not give false hope to people who really need it to be true because focusing their time on a different path may be mote help to them.

iScottIt

Dr. Quantum
I think false hope is different to wanting something to be true. TT I believe can't happen and won't happen and different timelines is the way for people who want to believe as the reason it can't be proven. Any way this TT forum is fantastic reading with brilliant intelligent people on it, who believe or want TT to be true and as such thanks to them we will keep on reading exciting theories and ideas just let's not give false hope to people who really need it to be true because focusing their time on a different path may be mote help to them.

What he said - (y)

TimeFlipper

@Martian
Hey mate it wasnt funny, instead of meeting a beautiful maiden like Jane Seymour i ended with up with someone looking like one of the witches from that movie Hansel and Gretel :eek: :( :LOL: