Is organized religion bad?

gonzogirl

Is organized religion bad?

I was thinking about organized religion vs spirituality...A lot of folks out there are spiritual and a whole lot of people are part of organized religion..
I personally do not like organized religion as I think it a method of control that is abused by mortal man. I like being spiritual because I am free to worship GOD the way I see GOD. Anyway..What do all of you think out there? Is organized religion BAD?:confused:.....

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Re: Is organized Religion BAD?

Personnally, I'm Christian, but I never go to church... just like most of people I know. Everybody lives it's religion the way he/she wants. Someone who doesn't know me could say that I don't believe in God, but I do, I'm only living religion things "alone".

I don't consider people going to church being manipulated, but during the first half of the 20th century, people were manipulated by priests, in my opinion, from were I come at least. In that time, religion was very very important. It's not the same thing in our days.

Num7

Chip Lewis

Organized religion had its time. Fortunately it's over (even though millions claim it's not). The problem is that when you have an ancient book that has been "divinely influenced" interpretations and exclusions will always tempt those who have alternative agendas.

The world has become too diverse for groups of people to have the answer while excluding the rest of us. IMHO it doesn’t work that way. God is simply beyond comprehension, so the movements that have been recorded that are alleged to be the movements of God are sorely blown out of proportion, or undermined so as to scare the masses into submission.

It's become a ridiculous shenanigan!

Just to prove my point watch Benny Hinn (*sic) one of these days! lol

kcwildman

Beastmaster

gonzogirl said:
I was thinking about organized religion vs spirituality...A lot of folks out there are spiritual and a whole lot of people are part of organized religion..
I personally do not like organized religion as I think it a method of control that is abused by mortal man. I like being spiritual because I am free to worship GOD the way I see GOD. Anyway..What do all of you think out there? Is organized religion BAD?:confused:.....
:eek::eek::eek:yes very bad I.M.H.O.
when the master was here HE went to the church to tell them the truth and they killed HIM for HIS efforts
they would do exactly the same thing today
thats just one of the reasons HE told us to be in the world, but not part of it. HE also told us to come out from among them(non believers) and be sepreate a peculier people.
all things today are as they always have been, and always will be. only about 10-20% of the people will have ears to hear the truth.
the real question is can you hear me now will you listen??? do you know how???? don't get me wrong I don't have all the answers, I do have alot of the questions

gonzogirl

kc wildman said:
:eek::eek::eek:yes very bad I.M.H.O.
when the master was here HE went to the church to tell them the truth and they killed HIM for HIS efforts
they would do exactly the same thing today
thats just one of the reasons HE told us to be in the world, but not part of it. HE also told us to come out from among them(non believers) and be sepreate a peculier people.
all things today are as they always have been, and always will be. only about 10-20% of the people will have ears to hear the truth.
the real question is can you hear me now will you listen??? do you know how???? don't get me wrong I don't have all the answers, I do have alot of the questions

So you see God as a HE? (I know HE created us in HIS image) but is that symbolic ? maybe it isnt supposed to be literal.
Remember mortal men wrote the Bible..
I think God is all. Not just man...

Num7

Administrator
Staff

Bible has been written by mortal men, I don't think that all the stuff explained and described in that book are written the way "God" wanted them. Ok, it's the holy bible, but it's a book after all. It has been "edited" and "revised", we're not reading the original version. The version we know must have been modified to program and control us probably.

Num7

Chip Lewis

Numenorean7 said:
Bible has been written by mortal men, I don't think that all the stuff explained and described in that book are written the way "God" wanted them. Ok, it's the holy bible, but it's a book after all. It has been "edited" and "revised", we're not reading the original version. The version we know must have been modified to program and control us probably.

Num7
This would be possible and completely acceptable if we hadn't found the Dead Sea scrolls for verification. The Catholics stripped a lot of the specific information out of the texts to administer a somewhat vague literary concept of God. That way when folks develop questions they would have had to approach an elder in the church for the answers. This tradition still exists today. I can show a "christian" in black and white from the "good book" that there is no pre-tribulation rapture and they'll strike back (sometimes violently) that their church is one of the only churches that really understand that the rapture is real, and that "our God" is going to save us few people from the tribulation (even though God's own son was offered up via the worst execution style).

These people are foolish and haven't a clue as to what the scriptures really say. It's a condensed and revised version of Simon say's.

Withhold that which is essential and dole it out in small increments and thou shall possess great power. Sound familiar?

kcwildman

Beastmaster

gonzogirl said:
So you see God as a HE? (I know HE created us in HIS image) but is that symbolic ? maybe it isnt supposed to be literal.
Remember mortal men wrote the Bible..
I think God is all. Not just man...
yes I see GOD as a he, in fact I see GOD as my daddy, personal not formal and act as you would expect a child to. and I take the bible exactly as it was written. not too, would not be wise. I believe that GOD says what HE means, and means what HE says. also CHRIST told us that there would be those who would try to teach another message.try to change the truth into a lie .but HE also gave us the holly spirit to guide us in all things we do. to lead us and reveal those things that are hidden.
to those who will seek with a pure heart. but hey I am just a savage who fell out of his tree

kcwildman

Beastmaster

Chip said:
This would be possible and completely acceptable if we hadn't found the Dead Sea scrolls for verification. The Catholics stripped a lot of the specific information out of the texts to administer a somewhat vague literary concept of God. That way when folks develop questions they would have had to approach an elder in the church for the answers. This tradition still exists today. I can show a "christian" in black and white from the "good book" that there is no pre-tribulation rapture and they'll strike back (sometimes violently) that their church is one of the only churches that really understand that the rapture is real, and that "our God" is going to save us few people from the tribulation (even though God's own son was offered up via the worst execution style).

These people are foolish and haven't a clue as to what the scriptures really say. It's a condensed and revised version of Simon say's.

Withhold that which is essential and dole it out in small increments and thou shall possess great power. Sound familiar?

yeh what he said^^^ works for me
so many have tryed to get rich off the bible. and quite a few did pretty good at it too, by controling others thoughts and money. that it has become somewhat of a game to see just how much the sheep will give. sad,just sad, like you said they don't have a clue, and will kill you to prove there point. but I guess thats why CHRIST said,
forgive them DADDY for they know not what they do.anyway, good call and spot on target.
oh yeh now youall will understand when you hear me say
you can't scare me my daddy owns this mudball

Condar

Religion it all it's forms and splenders is mostly here just to scare you into doing what is right and for some lots and lots of money. Now I'm not saying doing whats right is bad, that part of religion is okay with me. But an intolerent religion is something we do not need, and unfortuantly most of them are just that,

God is not known to man, if there even is one. Man wrote the bible and not with divine influence, just with their hands and minds, in order to have some control of the masses. We do not know God, we were not made in his image, infact God doesn't even have an image, he just frankly is.

Religion is good for one thing, control. And even that these days we don't need. We can do without it... but we want to believe because we can not fanthom not having a life after death. I know I don't want this to be it, but you just never ever know until of course it's too late.