The meaning of 177

Khaos

where the wild things are
Who are you asking? I'm not, but imagine them with time travel devices.

Maybe that is what happened to Hitler? He really didn't kill himself (I don't believe he did) instead, his scientists unlocked the secret behind time travel and he traveled into the future. Perhaps he is the leader of the United States? Maybe Obama is just a stand in.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Who are you asking? I'm not, but imagine them with time travel devices.

Maybe that is what happened to Hitler? He really didn't kill himself (I don't believe he did) instead, his scientists unlocked the secret behind time travel and he traveled into the future. Perhaps he is the leader of the United States? Maybe Obama is just a stand in.

I want to laugh, but with the way things are going, it wouldn't surprise me.

tomrat

here are my two cents:

the "deutsche antarktische expedition" was the third official expedition to the antarktik....it was ordered by Hermann Göring ( yeah THAT one)
...planned and prepared by Helmut Wohltath
the reason for the expedition was economical and to secure the hunting grounds for wales so they could end the dependancy from technical and dietary fat imports...also there were scientific goals (along the coast)like topografic knowledge (mostly for hunting wales),biology, meteorology, oceanography, geomagnetic and flights for meassurements of the outback (unknown until that time)
they prepared that in 6 month!! and used a boat ( Schwabenland ) and two wale planes ( Dornier Do J - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia )
sure they wanted to prepare an occupation for a german sector on the south pole as well...that would be the reason for the secrecy (thats what german historians say...obviously i wasnt there with them)
the target zone for the expedition was the region between 20° west and 20° east
the the registered region between 10° W and 15° E they called Neuschwabenland it was about 350000 km²
they lost the 11.000 pictures they made in the war and only about 600 resurfaced in 1982. the scientific research was published 1954 and 1958
the geologist of the expedition published a book in 1941 what remained the only report on this expedition for almost 60 years (here you guys have your conspiracy ground ;-) )
the badge shows clearly the meridians 20° west 0 and 20° east over the antarctic... what it also says on the bottom of the badge)... and the whole thing is over the territory of the south pole (in german that would be SÜDPOL) with the new name they gave the region ( NEUSCHWABENLAND)+ the nazi flag
i sure dont want to argue with the conspiracy geeks on this subject BUT seeing similarity to john titors badge is way too far fetched sorry...
those lines are CLEARLY meridians

btw the academics in nazi germany didnt have too much choice and complied mostly with the nazis and took the first chance they had to get out of there...operation paper-clip is a fact and i have to agree with ren....except of some crazy bastards(scientists) like mendel most of the science community did not agree with hitler and the choice was: nazi or dead ....they forced them to do their thing

greets tomrat
P.S.: sorry in the end it was a couple of cents more

EDIT: they never touched ground there...everything was done from shore and with the two planes

Last edited:

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
BUT seeing similarity to john titors badge is way too far fetched sorry...those lines are CLEARLY meridians

It was/is worth exploring, though, IMHO.

Conspiracy related: Have you seen the Google Earth photo of the tanks? I'm trying to figure out how to enter longitude and latitude in there.

tomrat

BUT seeing similarity to john titors badge is way too far fetched sorry...those lines are CLEARLY meridians

It was/is worth exploring, though, IMHO.

Conspiracy related: Have you seen the Google Earth photo of the tanks? I'm trying to figure out how to enter longitude and latitude in there.
link? not sure what you are talking about

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Wow. I can't find the information anymore! I'll keep looking, but someone mentioned an area on the north pole that had military tanks and pyrimids and I looked and confirmed it. Guess I can just scroll in and look again and take a screen shot. I'll make a new thread if I find it.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
In conclusion as far as I am concerned: It has been fun contemplating 177, but there are way too many possibilities. I think what the conversation really boils down to this: What was the PURPOSE of the 177 rather than what is the MEANING of the NUMBER 177. What remains a mystery to me, personally, is WHY the Unix problem needed to be fixed. I am convinced it is military/space program related. Other than that, the rest is just speculation. There is nothing wrong with speculation. That's why we have message boards, to discuss, debate, and learn from eachother.

sevensixtwo

WHY the Unix problem needed to be fixed.

The story about the old computer seems pretty thin to me. I think even at today's level of technology it would be extremely simple to write a program to debug the code directly, or to function as a virtual machine of the 5100.