Time jump?

label

I recall a story on a TV show a long long time ago where a woman claimed to have "slipped" into what we will call a "time pocket" Where the same thing happen over and over again. She said she screamed for help but all the other people ignored her and when she reached out to them they were like ghosts.

I am trying to find a YouTube on it but haven't been able to do so. But it stands to reason that if time travel is possible then it would "exist" in nature by default and if that is true who is to say a human being cannot accidentally "slip" into the future or past if only for a few minutes.

Considering that it may well be the case then this woman did indeed travel trough time and had a firsthand experience. If so then why would this be a isolated case?

Ayasano

But it stands to reason that if time travel is possible then it would "exist" in nature by default...

Why is that necessarily true? Computers exist, but that doesn't mean you find them in nature. Somebody has to come along and herd all those electrons into a usable pattern. It's highly likely that time travel would require very specific forces to be applied in very specific ways. Get the wrong pattern and you'll get spaghettified or something.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
I am trying to find a YouTube on it but haven't been able to do so. But it stands to reason that if time travel is possible then it would "exist" in nature by default and if that is true who is to say a human being cannot accidentally "slip" into the future or past if only for a few minutes.

Physicists such as Kaku say that time travel does not go against any laws of physics.

Ayasano

Physicists such as Kaku say that time travel does not go against any laws of physics.

There are actually a couple that may prevent time travel, but we won't know for sure until we verify or disprove them.

Chronology protection conjecture - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

For example:

"Initial attempts to apply semiclassical gravity to the traversable wormhole time machine indicated that at exactly the moment that wormhole would first allow for closed timelike curves, quantum vacuum fluctuations build up and drive the energy density to infinity in the region of the wormholes...the same particle or wave can make a potentially infinite number of loops through the same regions of spacetime, piling up on itself...the pileup effect might become large enough to destroy the wormhole..."

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
There is the natural phenomena where two objects will intersect each other. John Hutchison was given credit for demonstrating the phenomena. It is also part of the story for the Philadelphia experiment, where the sailors become embedded as part of the deck. But the phenomena has been naturally present and never fully understood. I always interpreted this phenomena as two objects occupying the same space due to one of them intersecting the space-time coordinates of the other.

Last edited:

Ayasano

John Hutchison was given credit for demonstrating the phenomena.

You mean the Hutchison Hoax guy?

The Hutchison Effect • Damn Interesting

I realize you don't like facts. But this same guy has a contract with the government using specific high amplitude sound frequencies to nullify radioactive contaminated objects.

[citation needed]

I love facts, I just hate when people peddle lies as truth to make a quick buck.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer

I realize you don't like facts. But this same guy has a contract with the government using specific high amplitude sound frequencies to nullify radioactive contaminated objects.

[citation needed]

I love facts, I just hate when people peddle lies as truth to make a quick buck.

How were you able to ascertain John Hutchison was lying?