Time travel and Christianity

Martian

“Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.”
Bible Gateway passage: Matthew 16:28 - New International Version

I've often wondered if there were time travelers standing among them, and Jesus knew it.

I said, ‘Speak, my lord.’

And he said to me, ‘Go, weigh for me the weight of fire, or measure for me a blast of wind, or call back for me the day that is past.’
Bible Gateway passage: 2 Esdras 4:5 - New Revised Standard Version, Anglicised

This one isn't included in every version of the Bible, but it seems worth noticing. Measuring a blast of wind is certainly possible, and the weight of fire most likely is as well, so why not time travel?

:cool:

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Is time travel against God's will? And is God in the past, present and future? Does he govern time travel? Is there really evidence for it in the Bible?

I am going to ask a Christian friend who is very familiar with the Bible and such. Trying to get him to come here, but at the very least, I can quote him. hehe

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Okay, I deleted several posts to allow this discussion to once more evolve in a fluent way.

This is a very thought provoking discussion, I agree. But it's also a question about time travel we never ever discussed about. Isn't that interesting? That's why I'd like this discussion to continue naturally, without disruption, as expected. It's about respecting the right that anyone has to discuss anything they want, without having to argue with someone who doesn't necessarily agree. I don't think @mariya94 wanted to start a religious debate, right?

I invite anyone who might attempt to turn this discussion into a religious debate to restrain themselves from replying. Why? Because we do not want to debate the question, we want to analyse it and maybe, who knows, learn something together.

@Ishi @Classicalfan626 or anyone else If you notice a post that seeks to turn this discussion into a religion debate, report and ignore it. I'll moderate it.

Thanks. :)

AAA

God is the origin, premise, basis, first cause or creation of all things. This is generally a universally agreed upon definition.

God created reality. Reality is what it is. Reality is god's will. God does not need to make a book or send men to make up rules for it. God simply makes it so and we deal with it. That is to say that God's will is apparent, that it is not in question or up for debate. It simply is reality.

Thus if God has a problem with beings time traveling, it will not allow it to happen. God will have made it physically impossible.

AAA

I've often wondered if there were time travelers standing among them, and Jesus knew it.

'Jesus' knew something. It would explain the warning about adding and subtracting from the book.

Μαρτυρῶ ἐγὼ παντὶ τῷ ἀκούοντι τοὺς λόγους τῆς προφητείας τοῦ βιβλίου τούτου· ἐάν τις ἐπιθῇ ἐπ’ αὐτά, ἐπιθήσει ὁ Θεὸς ἐπ’ αὐτὸν τὰς πληγὰς τὰς γεγραμμένας ἐν τῷ βιβλίῳ τούτῳ· καὶ ἐάν τις ἀφέλῃ ἀπὸ τῶν λόγων τοῦ βιβλίου τῆς προφητείας ταύτης, ἀφελεῖ ὁ Θεὸς τὸ μέρος αὐτοῦ ἀπὸ τοῦ ξύλου τῆς ζωῆς καὶ ἐκ τῆς πόλεως τῆς ἁγίας, τῶν γεγραμμένων ἐν τῷ βιβλίῳ τούτῳ.

kcwildman

Beastmaster
there is no new thing , this statement alone IHO points to god controlling time, as well as freely looking/traveling through it. HE knows the beginning from the end, also supports the idea that at the least GOD can move through time.

the books of the prophets dealing with the last days are IMHO a form of time travel. astral travel , while I know of no vers dealing with anyone looking back or going back in time in the bible.

however,
there do seem to be some support for the idea of some type of time travel forward maybe ....
logic would tell us if we can go one way, then both is poss...

were any TT 's there when he was speaking??
IMHO if it can be done,, then they are here now, and were there then,