Time Traveler Trap

cal

Now this is going to sound callous, but if you REALLY needed to catch a time traveler, you could create an event with a very clear turning point, so that if something very small and specific was changed, it would avert this very tragic event (Ex: averting the sinking of the Titanic by warning the lookout about the iceberg). Events like that seem to be irresistible to time travelers. The real trick would be identifying the time traveler.

walt willis

Callous? Also foolish if the TT fails to get the word and innocent people are murdered by your mistake!
This is exactly why the idea of trapping a TT is a very bad idea!

cal

Yes, it's very foolish and dangerous, but if you're dead set on capturing a time traveler I can think of no better way to do it. This is a question of how to best capture a time traveler, not a question of whether you should or not.

Tron1

if you leave them alone if they do their work they will tell you but if you nag them they can't get anything done or will get paranoid and leave the timeline completely. it has happened to me but I will bring this story to my grave because no one would believe me. As no one gives a sh*t in my family how my nephew died it has to deal with time travel.

walt willis

Dear Tron1,
That is why I get pissed...
You feel that way just because of the butt holes on forums that tend to make fun or give people grief?
The free and safe place to exchange reports of strange stories are being held back because of such folks.
Sorry to hear about your nephew.

Acela Cortese

Please allow me to explain my position a little better.
The question you pose is offensive to me Num7, because your suggestion may insight a loon to hunt down TT's.
Secondly you may assume that if I were given the keys to the blue car that I may also have been given the tools to defend the car.
They don't give a rats ass about me...just the device.
I also have friends that are mission oriented that scare even me that would not take kindly to your grand idea...
They have NO sense of humor.
The folks that run this program are nice people that harm no one, so why would you question them as you held them against their will?
The idea sounds a lot like the elementary school bully trying to get money from a classmate.
Stay low John Titor and be safe...
Right on fuck these guys

Acela Cortese

if you leave them alone if they do their work they will tell you but if you nag them they can't get anything done or will get paranoid and leave the timeline completely. it has happened to me but I will bring this story to my grave because no one would believe me. As no one gives a sh*t in my family how my nephew died it has to deal with time travel.
I'd like to know what happened