Twitter has changed our Profile Formats! If you don't have it yet, you will soon. Another Myspace!

Samstwitch

I had 3 profiles on Twitter (one for 'Samstwitch', one for Jesus, and one for my novel). Tonight, two of my profiles were upgraded (downgraded) to the New Twitter Format, and there's no option to change them back. The new format STINKS! :eek: It's awful! :sick:

If you don't have it yet, you will soon!

Now NOTHING works. The Search Engine doesn't work. My whole profile design has been changed. (Some of the color features are gone, giving me mandatory 'white'.) Now it looks like crap! :eek: All the features are reversed...what was listed on the left column is now on the right and vice versa. Everything works slooooow. Features freeze up, etc., etc., etc.

I HATE IT! :mad: Twitter is pulling a Myspace! They have ruined what was a good format! 'If it's not broken, don't fix it', but they were stupid enough not to figure that out.

So I deleted one profile, and posted a notice on the 2nd one that I have left and won't be back. My 3rd profile hasn't been converted yet, but when it is, I'll be leaving Twitter for good.

The people who run the social Websites on the Internet are IDIOTS! :confused: They start out with something great, and then ruin it. They will NEVER learn. When you have a winner, you don't change it.

History repeats itself. Myspace imploded due to unwanted changes that ruined every good feature. Twitter is next.

There's nowhere to post complaints! Tweet @Support and @Twitter

I was part of the furniture for years on Myspace when it was popular. That was my Cyber Home. Twitter was my Lifeboat when the ship was sinking. Now I'll be Cyber Homeless again. :( (Paranormalis is my new home, but you know what I mean, it's not a Social Network.) It really pisses me off!

And that's my BIG rant that I won't be getting over easily or any time soon! :mad:

Samstwitch

I'm done with Social Networking! Social Networks start out great, then one-by-one take away features used for originality. That's what happened to Myspace, and now it's happening to Twitter.

All they want Social Networks for is to track everything everybody says and does, so they can Police the people and control the masses...and to distract them with Entertainment to keep them away from the real issues. Facebook is all about tracking people and I have nothing to do with it.

Twitter is BLOCKING tweets that say "RT if you hate the new Twitter" (Keywords: RT, Hate, New, Twitter). Twitter BLOCKS the "Occupy" movement topics from Trending. It's all about CONTROL and CENSORSHIP. :cautious:

I've had enough. Parnormalis is my new Cyber Home!

Crethox

Sadly money controls a lot of things. If it means they can make more money they will follow that path, even if it means downgrading on what you have. Twitter is a good example of that now. Censoring tweets to get a foothold in China or any other country where people don't have the right to speak their minds. Only to get more people to start using the "service" and make more money out of it.Whatever service that is when nothing is allowed :confused:

The effect afterwards, no one is allowed to speak their minds or the truth on the internet anymore.

Makes you wonder who pulls the strings so that the people behind social media downgrade their services. On to the next "big" thing on the internet for a couple of months, whenever/whatever that might be, before they start changing that too. Endless cycle we are in.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Reminds me of Facebook. (By the way, if you guys like to rant about Facebook, feel free to post in the Facebook topic!)

I'm not using Twitter much. I only check it out about once a month to make sure new topics on the forums get posted to Twitter. I'm not active there. I follow a few people, but rarely check their stuff. I don't have a personal account though. I preferred the old twitter too.

Do you guys have a lot of friends over there? People around me don't use Twitter (Or so do I think).

Crethox

I have an account on twitter but don't use it. I only check it out once a month where they will hold the next meeting of the open coffee club in the region. And that's only because I still need a job lol.

The only thing that saddens me is that social media are following some kind of censorship just because some countries around the world don't want people to speak their mind. Without the social media people in countries like Egypt where they were/are oppressed would have had a much harder time to rally everyone for the same cause, plus keep the world updated on what is happening there.

Samstwitch

Tonight my favorite (and last) Twitter profile got RUINED with the new Twitter! Worse, the Search Feature has been DISABLED for anyone with the upgrade (really a downgrade). One cannot use Twitter without a Search feature. I cannot find people to follow without it, and I can't look up subjects...therefore Twitter is now USELESS. People will not be able to look up anything on Twitter now. Paranormalis will not get the same flow of viewers when folks have no search engine.

Twitter also looks like MYSPACE now! :sick: *puke* The color features for the boxed-in areas are disabled and everyone has WHITE and SEE-THROUGH BACKGROUNDS.

In Protest, I changed my Profile picture and posted a new Profile Background. I made the Background Layout before the changes, when my Search engine still worked, in preparation for this day. Check it out @Samstwitch

Now the question is...will users just roll over like SHEEPLE and put up with Twitter ruining their profiles like they did for 3 years on Myspace? Or will they protest and leave?

Time will tell, but I'm outta there! Twitter gave me no choice. My profile there is useless to me now. :mad:

Num7

Administrator
Staff
When I use the "new" search feature, it seems to work. Am I missing something?

ZeoEmeraude

Yea, I do have a Twitter account, but I never use it. I find it to be pointless. I honestly don't know why I even have the account. I'd rather eat bacon and post here instead.....lol

Samstwitch

When I use the "new" search feature, it seems to work. Am I missing something?

Yes. Let me ask you, has your profile been changed to the new Twitter in the past 2 weeks? Has the Boxed-in part of your profile turned white and see-through?

Twitter is changing everyone's profile to a new format. With the new format, the Search Feature has been DISABLED. So those of us who have a Twitter account still have a 'Search Box', but it does not work. WITHOUT A SEARCH ENGINE, TWITTER IS USELESS TO ME. I deleted 2 of my accounts. Tomorrow I'll be deleting my @Samstwitch account.

This is exactly how Myspace imploded. It was great for a long time and very popular. One by one, the great features were taken away until all that was left was crap. :sick:

Twitter is doing the exact same thing. :sick: They changed the format and took away the Color Design feature that gives you color in the Boxed-in part of your profile. And they disabled the Search Engine feature. If your Twitter profile still has these features, then you have not gotten the new Twitter yet.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Yeah, I believe my profile was updated a few days ago. I noticed a slight change in the site's style: https://twitter.com/Paranormalis

I don't understand why you say that there's no search engine though. There is one and it appears to work as usual for me.