Twitter has changed our Profile Formats! If you don't have it yet, you will soon. Another Myspace!

Samstwitch

So you've tried out your Search Engine? Mine stopped working on 3 profiles, and another person told me hers isn't working either, all since they changed our profiles to the new Twitter.

About style...you don't have yours customized or you would see a big change.

This feature doesn't work on my Twitter profile anymore (among other things)...

Twitter Search bar CROPPED.jpg

Num7

Administrator
Staff
If some profiles aren't searchable using the new search engine, it's probably because that new engine didn't have the time to index all the profile posts yet. The search feature is definitely not disabled.

I searched Paranormalis, it returned many results that make sense. https://twitter.com/#!/search/realtime/paranormalis

The main purpose of the upgrade is the full featured HTTPS communication, making Twitter much more secure than it used to be. That way, the communication channel between you and Twitter is encrypted and fully secured.

Samstwitch

You are lucky then. It's been disabled on all 3 of my profiles and other friends who got the new Twitter. And @Twitter @Support did not reply to my tweets.

In your picture, I don't have that large Search box that you have. I only have the small one on the top and it doesn't work.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I wonder what will come out of this then. You can't be the only one with such an issue. There are millions of users on Twitter, a lot of them must be pissed! LOL

For how long have you been there?

Samstwitch

I'm not the only one. I tweeted about it last night and others have the same problem. Look at this photo, and you'll see I don't have that large search box that you do in the photo.

Users like me are very pissed. Take a look at my profile Background that I made before the change. I've been there for at least 3 years.

Twitter Search bar, Cropped less.jpg

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I think that's because you are in the @ CONNECT section of Twitter.

Click on Home and tell me if you have the regular search bar.

Samstwitch

It's not just a matter of being pissed...Twitter is useless to me without a Search Engine. That's what I used to do my research with, but not anymore.

Crethox

I just logged in to see if mine was updated also, which they have. Tried the search function, works for me.