US election passing peacefully?

Darkwolf

independant paper in your area you may find that there are very vocal if not large groups of people who think that the red team is merely paying lip service to many of the issues espoused by them in this election, and that the red team, as the majority party, and the blue team, as the minority party, together, seem to be working towards weakening the constitution, this is not my opinion personally, merely an observation, and as two of the three colors of our flag are taken already in terms of this discussion, I'd cast the rural constitionalists as the white team, not as in Caucasian necessarily, but just to differentiate them from the other affinity/identity groups. (\"!\")

Actually, that was kind of my point sinister. We've discussed this before. The only reason the rural folk voted for Bush is that they see the liberals as an army of cross dressing, perverted savages trying to destroy their way of life. As soon as the average guy from middle of nowhere Kansas figures out that the game is rigged, and there are no good guys in washington, theres trouble.

civil war thread on democratic underground

Welcome Elea, and thank you for posting this. Interasting that most of the topics that Titor brought up are surfacing on various pollitical venues. The election didn't go as badly as I thought, but maby I brethed a sigh of relief too soon.

StarLord

Yes, as the elevators there do not make it to the top, and the lights are as slow as molassas in winter, going on, it's sometimes great sport to grab a few cold ones and watch them cogitate. The jury is still out on which is faster, watching them think or paint drying. I wonder if Rube Goldberg got his start watching folks like these think.

Bambi

I fall under the impression if Bush is the president in 2005 it isn't him thats the bad guy if what Titor says is true!! It's the president in 2009 that needs his head served on a sliver platter!!

Quote taken from John Titor on 19 February 2001 16:01
"Your enemy was in the cities. Was the President in 2005 also on the enemy side? How did you feel personally about the President then?

The President or "leader" in 2005 I believe tried desperately to be the next Lincoln and hold the country together but many of their policies drove a larger wedge into the Bill of Rights. The President in 2009 was interested only in keeping his/her power base. "

John Titor

Would I be wrong in assuming this? :unsure:

StarLord

Bambi,

There is proof positive that titor did not know what he was talking about. bush is about as close to Lincoln as a prarie dog is to a Great Dane. The only thing bush is interested in holding together are his own connections and holdings.

Let's see what happens when the US goes bankrupt in 2 years. (man Oh man I hope that never happens)

If the next guy is worse, then we have seen nothing yet.

Judge Bean

Originally posted by StarLord@Nov 6 2004, 01:01 AM
Bambi,

There is proof positive that titor did not know what he was talking about. bush is about as close to Lincoln as a prarie dog is to a Great Dane. The only thing bush is interested in holding together are his own connections and holdings.

Let's see what happens when the US goes bankrupt in 2 years. (man Oh man I hope that never happens)

Tried to be the next Lincoln... and failed.

Timescholar

Originally posted by StarLord@Nov 5 2004, 09:01 PM
Bambi,

It does seem like he's talking about a seperate president in 2008, meaning the 2004 one didn't seek re-election. Bush could try to be like Lincoln but fail at it. (who knows, maybe that means he'll make analogies to Lincoln).

But, so far, nothing's happened near (or immediately after) the elections...

Darkwolf

Hold the phone. Despite the pollitically correct view of ol Abe we are force fed in our mandatory youth propaganda camps, oops I mean public schools, there were those who saw him as just as much of a self serving tyrant as some of us see Bush these days. They did after all start a war over it. (If you think it was over slavery, read some unedited history.) Looking at Lincoln from the perspective of his time, it might be a good comparison.

Phil

Bambi

[/quote]

It does seem like he's talking about a seperate president in 2008, meaning the 2004 one didn't seek re-election. Bush could try to be like Lincoln but fail at it. (who knows, maybe that means he'll make analogies to Lincoln).

But, so far, nothing's happened near (or immediately after) the elections...
[snapback]14297[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Titor said we wouldn't realize right away what is happening around us I read the DU and people there are already planning to crash Bush's inagu!! They are mad and are not happy to have Bush relected!! Things they say on that site are not pretty and they are full of hate and danger bells go off in my head when I read there! They even hate our own troops now because 75% of them voted for Bush and they say they are murders!<SICK>
I am not a Bush fan nor a Kerry fan but Kerry scared me way more then Bush ...Kerry's ideas seem to lean more towards the UN ruling our country then America ruling it ..His whole view reminded me of the new world order it totally creeped me out! Bush and his abortion and gay marriage views kinda of creep me out too but at least he was willing to let states decided instead of our federal government!
I am not sure what I make of Titor to be honest I mean your talking to someone who bellieves there may be other life on other planets here! :unsure:
So a time traveler to me isn't to hard for me to think hey yeah it's possible!!
I find him really interesting and I am keeping an open mind I am tending to look around me now more then before..as I do so I keep in mind things he spoke of could change he even admitted that ...you know like the Y2K bug!! It does make you wonder what really happend with that!! Could a time traveler really of fixed that problem without us realizing it?? I mean it could be possible couldn't it? In a weird way it kinda makes sense!

There is no proof time travel isn't in our future just like there isn't proof there is!
Things that make you go UMMMMM :D'oh:

Darkwolf

Titor said we wouldn't realize right away what is happening around us I read the DU and people there are already planning to crash Bush's inagu!! They are mad and are not happy to have Bush relected!! Things they say on that site are not pretty and they are full of hate and danger bells go off in my head when I read there! They even hate our own troops now because 75% of them voted for Bush and they say they are murders!<SICK>

I was listening to America left as long as my stomach let me this afternoon, and they were talking about how the election was stolen, and with that story out of Franklin county Ohio, they might be right. The inagu is going to be ugly moreso if more stories of electoral fraud come out. I kind of think we're right on course, just the election ugliness is going to take awhile to come out. Now lets see if Kerry retracts his concession.
Phil