What if nothing happens on March 12th?

Sanyam Deshi

@Miniature

First you say that the bad thing won't happen because the demons had their plans foiled. Then, you say Titor might be hoax, so it wouldn't happen anyway. Then, you say you question the agenda of Titor. These are very mixed signals.

Why bring up demons? It doesn't seem to reinforce any topic regarding the discussion. Sort of like if you were to use multiplication to prove which color of a traffic light means to go.

I'm having trouble grasping it, but if I understand correctly, you believe that John Titor is a demon or perhaps someone who works for a demon who for some reason gave away the date of the evil demon attack by mistake and now the demons have called off the said attack. If Titor's agenda is not to be trusted, why would he spoil his own plans? Please point me in the direction of your logic, because I'm really intrigued by where you are going with this.

Martian

@Miniature

First you say that the bad thing won't happen because the demons had their plans foiled. Then, you say Titor might be hoax, so it wouldn't happen anyway. Then, you say you question the agenda of Titor. These are very mixed signals.

Why bring up demons? It doesn't seem to reinforce any topic regarding the discussion. Sort of like if you were to use multiplication to prove which color of a traffic light means to go.

I'm having trouble grasping it, but if I understand correctly, you believe that John Titor is a demon or perhaps someone who works for a demon who for some reason gave away the date of the evil demon attack by mistake and now the demons have called off the said attack. If Titor's agenda is not to be trusted, why would he spoil his own plans? Please point me in the direction of your logic, because I'm really intrigued by where you are going with this.
Persecutory delusion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Khaos

where the wild things are
@Miniature

Persecutory delusion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yeah I suffer from that time to time. Paranoia is a bitch to live with.

Khaos

where the wild things are
I think you should research "predictive analytics" it provides useful information in your ever day life when it comes to time travelers...

If you feel too fatigued to research it yourself, then I'll give a short summary. Its basically where you take current behavior and trends and make a future prediction about it. Russia and United States have always been throwing rhetoric at each other. Its been happening for decades. I'm not saying its impossible for nuclear war to happen between the two, but its impossible to predict exactly when it will happen.

You're taking a very likely scenario and turning it into a prediction and then claiming to be a time traveler. It doesn't work like that. In order to make a valid claim, you have to take a very unusual event, and claim it. For example, making a claim that a grain of sand will grow into a large popsicle, and then it happens, is a valid claim. Because a grain of sand turning into a large popsicle is unheard of, its unusual, its nigh impossible.

All the guy behind Titor did was taken problems, behavior and attitudes in 2000/2001 and then used predictive analytics with them. He was able to predict the way society would evolve 10/15 years from now. Now some of his predictions came true, others did not. And that happens. Predicting the future is like playing the lotto, you're not guaranteed to win.

But what I find interesting about you Sam, and I'm not trying to pick at you. But you have been banging on your keyboard for the last couple years claiming that 03/12/15 is the start of WW3. And now here you are, saying it might happen, it might not, it might happen later.

Having a loss of faith in Titor, per chance? :p

ParaGirlProductions

I'm just curious to know if anyone's view of Titor will change if nothing happens on March 12th.
Will we call it divergence? Will it happen at a different date? Does it mean it was a hoax? Will his story die off and fade? There are thousands of implications.

How are you going to feel if nothing happens on March 12th? Let's hear it.
We've survived 666, 2000 AND 2012, I doubt anything is going to happen anytime soon :) xxx

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I didn't think about the next day being a Friday the 13th. Maybe if nothing happens on the 12th, something will on the 13th.

Would that count?