What Obligation Does a Person Have to Parallel World Lines?

PamelaM

Omg Sam you really made me think of something that guy in that dream was the same guy that I dreamed of in April of 1998 .
The same guy that I had time traveled with in that car. The same dream that made me talk to John when he appeared on the forums
because his description of time travel matched the dream I had in 1998 before I even met him. I dont know why I just thought of that dream
when I seen your post. I dreamed of that guy twice! Once when I got in the car wreck and another time when we were time traveling somewhere
together. I cant remember how far apart those two dreams were...All I know is the one dream of time traveling in the car and what it looked like was in april of 1998 because that was recorded in my dream book under April. augh my minds confused thinking about it got to log out for awhile.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
When I was a teenager I had a dream where I was running from something. It was something I was afraid of. The fear I was experiencing was unbearable. It was a nightmare. I wanted it to stop, so I turned around in my dream to face whatever it was that was after me. To my amazement there was nothing there. And to this day I have never had another nightmare since. It's as if there was a switch in my mind that I turned off.

Samstwitch

Omg Sam you really made me think of something that guy in that dream was the same guy that I dreamed of in April of 1998 .
The same guy that I had time traveled with in that car. The same dream that made me talk to John when he appeared on the forums
because his description of time travel matched the dream I had in 1998 before I even met him. I dont know why I just thought of that dream
when I seen your post. I dreamed of that guy twice! Once when I got in the car wreck and another time when we were time traveling somewhere
together. I cant remember how far apart those two dreams were...All I know is the one dream of time traveling in the car and what it looked like was in april of 1998 because that was recorded in my dream book under April. augh my minds confused thinking about it got to log out for awhile.

(Just got back from the chatroom.)

That dream might have really happened on another timeline. John could have looked you up in 1998, when you didn't know him at that time, but you already met him in 2001. I have always thought your dreams of that Time Traveler were of meeting John on another timeline. You know that what happens on parallel timelines that are close to ours have some affect on you, as you experienced in the after affects of "the experiment". So this could be what the dreams were...you having a connection with what happened on another parallel timeline that was close to this one...your experiences with JT on another timeline.

Do you think?

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Pamela

For the first time I just realized the similar situation that you and John have with the Doctor Who series. The one thing I never liked about the Doctor was the cold and brutal way he would end his relationships with his female cohorts.

Samstwitch

My daughter once told me she occasionally has dreams of the future that come true. But in one dream she had a dream of her death in a car crash. Then one day while in her car she realized the scene of events were unfolding as they did in her dream. She pulled off the road and got out of her car. That dream didn't come true, because she chose another path.

Einstein,
Though this thread seems to have taken a detour, your example about your daughter is exactly what I am asking.

Undoubtedly you would disagree with the premise that your daughter should NOT have pulled over and avoided the crash. In fact, in a very real sense, I would agree with this.

I wonder, is it possible that it was this general example that convinced people of the 2030's that it is in fact for our benefit to modify the past?

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
temporal recon

I wonder, is it possible that it was this general example that convinced people of the 2030's that it is in fact for our benefit to modify the past?

Yes, I believe so. Wouldn't everyone want the best possible future? With the invention of a time machine, the best possible future is possible. Although freedom of choice is still available to those that disagree. It is already an established fact that balance of power is a key factor in achieving the best possible future. So time travel should be made available to all.

PamelaM

temporal recon

Yes, I believe so. Wouldn't everyone want the best possible future? With the invention of a time machine, the best possible future is possible. Although freedom of choice is still available to those that disagree. It is already an established fact that balance of power is a key factor in achieving the best possible future. So time travel should be made available to all.

Time travel made available to all? that sounds horrible. Would you want someone like James Holmes time traveling?
Dont you care what happens on the other timelines? Did we forget about Jack the ripper?? Horrible criminals with futuristic
knowledge of where everyone is at a certain time? are you SERIOUS??

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Yes, I'm serious. He wouldn't have gotten away with it with so much opposition and willingness from others to have the ability to go back and make a preemptive strike. It's the same way with guns. If everyone has one, then there is no advantage to be gained. The balance of power maintains the peace. The only way John Holmes got away with what he did was because our governments are restricting our rights to bear arms. Had just half of those theater goers been armed, the situation wouldn't have turned out the same. And I suspect he wouldn't have done it if he knew it was guaranteed suicide.

Samstwitch

I just posted this on another thread, but am posting here too in light of the conversation. It's a movie trailer for "The Penitent Man". I highly recommend this movie to Einstein and anyone who thinks time travel should be made available to the world. (It's streaming on Netflix.) Personally, I don't believe mankind should mess with time travel. God is the only one who should have that much power. Humans always make a mess of things.