What Obligation Does a Person Have to Parallel World Lines?

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Samstwitch

If the balance of power isn't maintained then evil prevails. That much should be kind of obvious by now to everyone. If only a few possess time travel technology, then it would be used for evil and greed. I don't believe any one man should have that kind of power over others.

PamelaM

Sam, I just watched this movie not to long ago my co-worker suggested it. made you think about some things.

PamelaM

Actually Einstein it really does depend on WHO uses it. Not all societies throughout time are bent on evil or greed or selfishness.
You said you dont believe any man should have this power over others and yet you are willing that ALL should have that power...??

Samstwitch

If the balance of power isn't maintained then evil prevails. That much should be kind of obvious by now to everyone. If only a few possess time travel technology, then it would be used for evil and greed. I don't believe any one man should have that kind of power over others.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
PamelaM

Yes, If I succeed in inventing it, I will release the knowledge. I suspect this is something our brains had the ability to do in the past. We all may have been able to see the future and choosing the right path wasn't so hard. But my take on the Tower of Babel incident is that this ability was removed and replaced with freedom of choice instead. A curse not a gift.

PamelaM

Iam wondering. Do you also believe that everyone should have a key to your house?

I
PamelaM

Yes, If I succeed in inventing it, I will release the knowledge. I suspect this is something our brains had the ability to do in the past. We all may have been able to see the future and choosing the right path wasn't so hard. But my take on the Tower of Babel incident is that this ability was removed and replaced with freedom of choice instead. A curse not a gift.

Samstwitch

I
Samstwitch

It's obvious that there is no balance of power in our world and that's why evil is currently prevailing. I don't believe anyone should be allowed to time travel, period.

It's nothing personal, but I don't agree with most of what you say.

Peregrini

IF, and it's a very big IF, parallel worlds do exist, why would you treat it any differently than a neighbor you discover living next door to you or the City you discover exists surrounding your home or the State you discover your City exists in or the Country your State exists in or the Country next to yours that you discover? Why would anyone think they have any right to do as they please to any other "anything" that we discover?

This thread seems to have gone off the rails again.

But, a new and interesting question has now emerged.

What safeguards could be put in place to ensure that the time travel technology is used responsibly?

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Iam wondering. Do you also believe that everyone should have a key to your house?

I
PamelaM

I like my privacy, and I would think most Americans like theirs as well. So in answer to your question, I would not want everyone to have a key to my house.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
I
Samstwitch

It's obvious that there is no balance of power in our world and that's why evil is currently prevailing. I don't believe anyone should be allowed to time travel, period.

It's nothing personal, but I don't agree with most of what you say.

I would like to understand your viewpoint. It would lead to an unbalance of power, since it does appear that others do already possess this power. Please help me understand through your eyes why you disagree.