Who is the real God ?

QuadKidor

As the title to the post suggest, who is the real God? Through history long before the Christian Jesus Christ, man has always believe in a deity of some greatness and consequence. So my question is who is the real god ? Mayans, Egyptians, Greeks, Romans all prayed and worshiped to a very different "God" or "Gods". What makes Christianity the end all be all of religion ? Who are we say yes this right and no this is wrong ? How do you prove one religion is right and the rest are wrong ?

A small take on the ever popular "There is no God" thread.

Hello, I my name is QuadKidor and I am from planet Niddor in the Andromeda Galaxy. Our view of the divine is: it is one being who is genderless and formless because it is greater then what we are and is more capable of doing things we cannot.

Lord-Reika

My views are the ancient god's were not gods; however they might have been our creators and that would make them gods in a technical term. However these beings had to be created as well who is their god? My idea of god is that god is the universe it self. if i remember correctly the kingdom of heaven is within our selves. within our self is a soul the soul is energy. energy can not be created nor destroyed it already exists. the universe is nothing but pure energy clashing together if god guides everything on earth then when we are struck my meteors that's gods will. every action has a reaction not just on earth even in space how many times have we missed getting smacked by a killer asteroid more times that the government is willing to admit that's for sure. the actions of the events in space also brings reactions here on earth. and planets form from the clashing of rocks and other space objects then life is formed on these planets so if the creation of life if from god that would make the universe its self as god.

Lord-Reika

what about the link with Christianity and Egyptian. with Amen-Ra, Amen-Ra was a worshiped as a savior because the sun gave life. something many of you might not know Marduk, Amen-Ra, Jesus, and the Celtic god Lugh all are described as saviors and shinning ones that they glowed in a light. Here is another thing to think about in the lords prayer " My kingdom comes, thy will be done. in the fellowship of the lord, Amen." is this a reference to a celestial body coming to earth. thy will be done, he great tribulation he talks about. in the fellowship of the lord, Amen. Amen is reference to the Egyptian god Amen-Ra whom was almost worshiped as the one god when king tut's father ruled Egypt. after he died the Egyptians went back to worshiping many gods. so did Egypt really start the idea of Christianity. So Marduk whom really is Yahweh, could also be have been Jesus, Amen- Ra, and even Lugh. I have noticed that it seems all religions are linked and related in some way.

HDRKID

The one I worship is the creator of the universe. Look at this photograph I took today of a butterfly on a flower, and ask yourself - is this the product of random errors. Evolution says we came about as random errors. Well, I see the handiwork of a superior being who is an artist and likes to create beauty and things pleasing to our eye. The creation speaks of the creator and you see evidence of who HE is.

med_butterfly.jpg

Lord-Reika

The universe works in mysterious ways, I have seen it first hand everything happens the way it does for a reason for good or bane. but once one understand it working around you, then and only then do you realize that there is a much bigger painting drawn and you are only a speck on the background.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
The multiverse is God's consciousness and we were all born from it. God is 0. God is the origin. God is also the infinite and we all are a part of him/her/it. We have access to God because our consciousness is connected to his and eachother's. It is easy to forget that we are one. I think I finally understand. God is infinite. We are one.

Infinity + 1 = universal love.

Last edited:
Just a point to consider, in regards to the idea of "which god is the real god", people often forget that in terms of modern religion, God as worshiped by Christians, Allah as worshiped by Muslims, and YHWH as worshiped by Jews, all three Gods are accepted as the same entity. All three have links back to the same stories, based around Abraham/Abram, it only after that point that the religions deviate.

In terms of ancient pagan religions, often, if traced back far enough, most have a singular entity from which all other Gods are formed. In terms of Greek Mythology, there is Chaos, from which the titans are created (often personified as a woman), in Egyptian Lore, there is Atum, from whom all other Gods descend. Likewise in Germaic / Scandinavian myth, there is Odin, the norse Allfather, while in Celtic lore there is The Dagda.

I tend not to have an opinion on this sort of thing, because if you ask me, a divine being will not be too picky about some material inaccuracies as to their nature, however the conundrum does interest me somewhat.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
P.S. 1 is the physical manifestation of God, which is jesus and us :) Each universe in the multiverse is +1 and each universe contains God's physical manifestations. :)

Last edited: